Tir Eoghain v Dún na nGall - NFL Roinn 1 Babhta 3 - Dé Domhnaigh 3rd Márta 2pm

Started by ziggysego, February 13, 2013, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 28, 2013, 04:50:22 PM
I'd imagine McAliskey is a cert to start this game. A game against Donegal will show Mickey if he is up for the Championship clash, the signs look good so far.

+1 McAliskey has been superb to date. Its been a while since a rookie forward came into the Tyrone set up & made such an immediate impact. Merits an extended run in the team. He'll be a far better player in 12 - 18 months for it.

ONeill

1 Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc
2 Aidan McCrory Aireagal Chiaráin
3 Conor Clarke An Omaigh
4 Justin McMahon An Omaigh
5 Ryan McKenna Eaglais
6 Joe McMahon An Omaigh
7 Ronan McNamee Achadh Uí Aráin
8 Michael Murphy An Gallbhaile
9 Sean Cavanagh An Mhaigh
10 Patrick McNiece Oileán a'Ghuail
11 Peter Harte Aireagal Chiaráin
12 Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac
13 Conor McAlliskey Cluain Eo
14 Stephen O'Neill Clann na nGael
15 Mark Donnelly An Charraig Mhór
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

There's 5 players on that team who at this stage I wouldn't be convinced of starting in the championship. So it will be interesting to see how they get on here. Murphy and McNiece have had there fair share of chances without ever really convincing. Big game for both on Sunday. Very strong bench:

16 Pascal McConnell An Baile Nua
17 Aidan Cassidy Eochar
18 Colm Cavanagh An Mhaigh
19 Kyle Coney Árd Bó
20 Conor Gormley An Charraig Mhór
21 Plunkett Kane Oileán a'Ghuail
22 Cathal McCarron An Droim Mór
23 Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc
24 Ciaran McGinley Aireagal Chiaráin
25 Ronan O'Neill An Omaigh
26 Martin Penrose An Charraig Mhór

yellowcard

Fancy Donegal to win this, the 3 week break will have the Jimmy machine cranking it up a notch I think. Looking at the Tyrone team has me even more convinced.

ONeill

You look at the Tyrone forwards and wonder where the scores are coming from, especially if O'Neill is held - even at that he's hardly prolific now. The others are good for 0-1/0-2. Mickey knows best but there are four scoring forwards on the bench.

Hope Mark Donnelly continues his good form doing his box-to-box thang.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: God14 on February 28, 2013, 04:53:08 PM
I'd imagine McAliskey is a cert to start this game. A game against Donegal will show Mickey if he is up for the Championship clash, the signs look good so far.

+1 McAliskey has been superb to date. Its been a while since a rookie forward came into the Tyrone set up & made such an immediate impact. Merits an extended run in the team. He'll be a far better player in 12 - 18 months for it.

McAlsikey had a couple of dodgy performances in the McKenna Cup but has continued to improve from the start of the season. Though he hasn't looked like putting up a big score despite being there as a scoring forward. He still has a long way to go before being ready to start in the championship. Whether he can make up the ground this year remains to be seen but I'd be hopeful in the coming years.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: yellowcard on February 28, 2013, 08:34:41 PM
Fancy Donegal to win this, the 3 week break will have the Jimmy machine cranking it up a notch I think. Looking at the Tyrone team has me even more convinced.

Although I think Donegal will start closer to their championship team than Tyrone I don't see there being much between the teams on Sunday. Will be a close game and could go either way.

EC Unique

Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2013, 08:45:41 PM
You look at the Tyrone forwards and wonder where the scores are coming from, especially if O'Neill is held - even at that he's hardly prolific now. The others are good for 0-1/0-2. Mickey knows best but there are four scoring forwards on the bench.

Hope Mark Donnelly continues his good form doing his box-to-box thang.

I might be wrong here but I doubt if there are many games where Pete Harte offers as little as 0-1/0-2 this season.

ONeill

ONeill

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 28, 2013, 08:53:09 PM

McAlsikey had a couple of dodgy performances in the McKenna Cup but has continued to improve from the start of the season. Though he hasn't looked like putting up a big score despite being there as a scoring forward. He still has a long way to go before being ready to start in the championship. Whether he can make up the ground this year remains to be seen but I'd be hopeful in the coming years.

Quite the opposite I thought. McAliskey has looked like netting 2-3 goals in a couple of games.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Tír Eoghain (with apologies to ONeill -- on the previous page for some of us  ;)):

1 Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc
2 Aidan McCrory Aireagal Chiaráin
3 Conor Clarke An Omaigh
4 Justin McMahon An Omaigh
5 Ryan McKenna Eaglais
6 Joe McMahon An Omaigh
7 Ronan McNamee Achadh Uí Aráin
8 Michael Murphy An Gallbhaile
9 Sean Cavanagh An Mhaigh
10 Patrick McNiece Oileán a'Ghuail
11 Peter Harte Aireagal Chiaráin
12 Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac
13 Conor McAlliskey Cluain Eo
14 Stephen O'Neill Clann na nGael
15 Mark Donnelly An Charraig Mhór

16 Pascal McConnell An Baile Nua
17 Aidan Cassidy Eochar
18 Colm Cavanagh An Mhaigh
19 Kyle Coney Árd Bó
20 Conor Gormley An Charraig Mhór
21 Plunkett Kane Oileán a'Ghuail
22 Cathal McCarron An Droim Mór
23 Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc
24 Ciaran McGinley Aireagal Chiaráin
25 Ronan O'Neill An Omaigh
26 Martin Penrose An Charraig Mhór
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2013, 09:24:45 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 28, 2013, 08:53:09 PM

Quite the opposite I thought. McAliskey has looked like netting 2-3 goals in a couple of games.

He has looked dangerous and capable of getting scores. But in the 2 league games he's only scored 3 points from play. In the McKenna Cup he got a goal against Derry and maybe got a couple of points in a few other matches (might have got 3 or 4 in one possibly the final). I thought he was poor in a couple of the games - v Antrim and UUJ. But he has improved since and is certainly an option. He did look decent for Ulster coming on in the semi final too. Will be interesting to see how the next month goes for him.

Fuzzman

Where does Ciaran McGinley play? Is he any good?

Am glad McAliskey has got another chance as I think he's a big strong lad well able to win his own ball and is one new lad who seems to have taken his chance well. I'd say he'll improve with the more games he gets. He could be well marked this weekend though or soon learn you don't get much time on the ball v Donegal.

I'm probably being harsh but to me Petey and Matt Donnelly have underperformed now for a good few matches. You know they've got the talent but they seem to struggle and only show glimpses of what they're capable of.

I just hope that we don't end up with somebody getting another long term injury. I think if we've any chance of going far this year we need big Sean & the McMahons to stay fit for the whole year.

God14

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 01, 2013, 09:45:12 AM
Where does Ciaran McGinley play? Is he any good?

Normally at No.10. Looked good when I saw him play sigerson for UUJ last year. Am told he had a very good year with Errigal as well. Big step up at this level though. Got injured at the worst possible time. Unlikely to see much game time from here on in, as Harte tends to turn to the tried & tested as the matches get bigger & the year progresses.

Fuzzman

I'd agree with that alright God14 although I'm surprised he's giving Murphy another shot at MF.
Has Colm and Sean ever played MF together?