Tir Eoghain v Dún na nGall - NFL Roinn 1 Babhta 3 - Dé Domhnaigh 3rd Márta 2pm

Started by ziggysego, February 13, 2013, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Coney back in training fuzz. Would be very suprised to see him make an appearance on Sunday though, probably a bit too soon. Conan Grugan not far away either, although it'd probably make sense for him to focus on the U21s in 3 weeks time. Colm Cavanagh also back. Id guess he's probably the one most likely to play a part due to the nature of his injury (wrist / hand)
Mugsy isnt on the panel as yet, he was only helping out / making up the numbers for a 15 a side inhouse game last thursday night. Be interesting to see how that pans out.
Not so sure what the story is with Aidan Cassidy. Thursday night team news might make the picture a bit clearer...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

Have both denied that he played in a challenge match or that he's not coming back?

Found this wee article from Irish Indo today by Liam Kelly – 27 February 2013

ALL-IRELAND champions Donegal are set for a torrid time when they face Tyrone in the Allianz National Football League in Omagh on Sunday.

That's the promise of Tyrone star Sean Cavanagh as he looks forward to a mouth-watering contest that is sure to draw the crowds to Healy Park.

Cavanagh smiled wryly as he recalled the era when his county were top dogs and they had the chasing pack endeavouring to bring them to heel.

But those days are gone and now it's Donegal strutting their stuff and proudly carrying the mantle of champions.

"It's challenging because it is different. Over the last number of years and for most of my inter-county career, teams have been trying to catch us. It's a completely different scenario now.

"It probably is a bit more challenging trying to catch up with another team and trying to pit yourself against the best because we have to recognise we haven't been in the best five or six teams in Ireland in the last few years.

"But I know from looking at some of the guys we have coming through and with some of the guys we have back from injury that we have a really good squad, so it's just a matter of trying to play to the best of our abilities.

"We're reasonably confident we'll be able to cope well with the best of them, but it starts next Sunday."

Changed times, indeed, but the visit of Donegal is just the fillip Mickey Harte's men need as they resume their leage campaign.

Cavanagh promised that the champions will get respect, but he hopes they return to Tir Conaill with precious little else from the game.

"We've been on the other side a few times with teams trying to knock us off the perch, so we know what it's like," he said.

This is an ideal opportunity for unbeaten Tyrone to lay down a marker in advance of the high-stakes Ulster championship showdown on May 26.

The respective managers may play down the significance of a league meeting, but as Cavanagh pointed out, the winning and losing of these matches in the spring can provide a base for future achievement.

"A couple of years ago they came up to Healy Park and they beat us well and that was the start of the Donegal momentum under Jim McGuinness," recalled Cavanagh.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

God14

Fuzzman

Where did you hear that God14?

On the TG4 website it just says live football but doesn't say what match?
http://www.tg4.ie/en/live-sport.html

God14

Fuzzman, premiersport ALWAYS show the same game as TG4 do on a Sunday, they just use change the commentary.
As they are a PPV service they always publish their games before TG4 but you can rest assured its the same schedule

http://www.premiersports.tv/

ziggysego

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 27, 2013, 02:53:39 PM
Where did you hear that God14?

On the TG4 website it just says live football but doesn't say what match?
http://www.tg4.ie/en/live-sport.html

My Sky+ app says it's on TG4.
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 27, 2013, 12:20:44 PM
Have both denied that he played in a challenge match or that he's not coming back?

Neither.

Mugsey confirmed that he played in an in house game but that is is not back in the squad.....yet.

I would guess he will be back next week after Donegal game.

Personally I hope he does come back as I think he still has plenty to offer as a squad member.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 27, 2013, 10:23:39 AM

I see there is some talk of Mugsy coming back into the fold here.
http://www.setanta.com/ien/Articles/2013/02/26/Owen-back-training-with-Tyrone/gnid-158988/

Most interesting part of that piece is the revelation that Mickey might be including himself in the squad for Sunday ;D

Fuzzman

Anyone wanna have a stab at who Mickey will pick tonight?

I'll go for the team on the left with those on the right possible replacements

My team      Could come in
Packie    ...   Despite Morgan's scoring exploits
McCrory    ... Is he her best man marker now
Justy      ..... C.Clarke
C.Gormley   .Cathal McCarron
McKenna      Carlin (is he fit?)
Joey
McNamee      McBride
Sean Cav      Cassidy
P Kane      ... C.Clarke
Mat Donnelly   McNeice
Peter Harte   Colm Cav
Penrose    .... J.Lafferty
Mark Donnelly    McCurry
Stevie      ....... Coney
Ronan O'Neill   McAliskey

Have I left out anyone?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 28, 2013, 03:14:30 PM
Anyone wanna have a stab at who Mickey will pick tonight?

I'll go for the team on the left with those on the right possible replacements

My team      Could come in
Packie    ...   Despite Morgan's scoring exploits
McCrory    ... Is he her best man marker now
Justy      ..... C.Clarke
C.Gormley   .Cathal McCarron
McKenna      Carlin (is he fit?)
Joey
McNamee      McBride
Sean Cav      Cassidy
P Kane      ... C.Clarke
Mat Donnelly   McNeice
Peter Harte   Colm Cav
Penrose    .... J.Lafferty
Mark Donnelly    McCurry
Stevie      ....... Coney
Ronan O'Neill   McAliskey

Have I left out anyone?

You wouldn't start Mc Aliskey, without doubt one of Tyrones best forward players since the season began?

Fuzzman

I would but as I said I think this is who Mickey will pick.
He's been pushing Ronan in nearly every game a little more and more as I think he wants him ready for championship time

omagh_gael

I'd imagine McAliskey is a cert to start this game. A game against Donegal will show Mickey if he is up for the Championship clash, the signs look good so far.

God14

I've given up trying to predict Mickeys teams! ..read an article somewhere recently - it may have been Brian McGuigans column in Gaelic Life. Himself, Gavin Devlin & Jim Curran used to travel to training together. Approaching each game they'd each pick a team of who they think is going to start. They'd end up picking 3 different teams, and then Mickey would choose a completely different team!

I actually think who's listed / not listed on the subs bench might provoke a bit more thought than the starting 15 tonight. Assuming they dont name the first 11 subs in alphabetical order. Hoping to see Coney, Colm Cavanagh & Aidan Cassidy in there.