NFL Div 2 2013

Started by Croí na hÉireann, January 30, 2013, 03:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Longford

Only side this year in National League with a 100% record.

Played 7 - lost 7.

seafoid

Quote from: All of a Sludden on April 07, 2013, 05:27:45 PM
You should be happy with that, you were in Div 3 a couple of hours ago.
When Boylan was in charge there would have been no crowing about promition to D2 but times have changed.

Hardy

I thought you'd be happy to see people draging themselves out of the precariat.

Ard-Rí

Are we to understand from the tag of 'established' that Louth were not relegated today?
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Onion Bag

Longford and Wexford relegated
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

laoislad

Quote from: All of a Sludden on April 07, 2013, 05:22:48 PM
Next years Div 2

Donegal
Down
Laois
Louth
Galway
Armagh
Meath
Monaghan

If you were to get Donegal and Galway at home there would be very little travelling. Plenty of local derbies.

Not for Laois, it will be a good spin to any of those places.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Santino

Who were the last Div 2 team to win the all-Ireland that year?

Throw ball

Quote from: Santino on April 07, 2013, 07:58:55 PM

Think this was discussed before. Near sure Armagh 2002 were last division 2 team to win all Ireland. Do not think we will see a repeat this year though!

Croí na hÉireann

Didn't learn much in Derry yesterday, more lads played themselves out of the team than on to it. Half forward line were particularly poor. Kieran Gavin had a nasty accident in work last week and was a big loss, hope there's no lasting damage and he makes a quick recovery. Derry have a nice game plan, designed with Ulster in mind I'd say. They caught fire in the second half and everything went over the black spot, whereas we had trouble with cows and banjos. Hopefully confidence won't suffer because of this and we can regroup and give them a decent game in the final. Goodbye Div 2, it's been nice knowing you but hope not to see you again for many the year.

Edit: How did I forget, the six hour round trip was all made worthwhile by the half time football, a joy to watch and applaud them off the pitch although I think some of them enjoyed it more. Well done to Derry GAA on organising that and indeed on the stadium, looking well since the redevelopment, the scoreboard needs work though.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on April 07, 2013, 05:53:30 PM
I thought you'd be happy to see people draging themselves out of the precariat.
Only if it is sustainable. Otherwise it's a drain on the respectable counties.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 08, 2013, 10:05:50 AM
Didn't learn much in Derry yesterday, more lads played themselves out of the team than on to it. Half forward line were particularly poor. Kieran Gavin had a nasty accident in work last week and was a big loss, hope there's no lasting damage and he makes a quick recovery. Derry have a nice game plan, designed with Ulster in mind I'd say. They caught fire in the second half and everything went over the black spot, whereas we had trouble with cows and banjos. Hopefully confidence won't suffer because of this and we can regroup and give them a decent game in the final. Goodbye Div 2, it's been nice knowing you but hope not to see you again for many the year.

Edit: How did I forget, the six hour round trip was all made worthwhile by the half time football, a joy to watch and applaud them off the pitch although I think some of them enjoyed it more. Well done to Derry GAA on organising that and indeed on the stadium, looking well since the redevelopment, the scoreboard needs work though.

Do you mean by getting numbers back and breaking with pace? Who impressed you for Derry yesterday Croi? James Kielt is in great form at the minute. Should make for an interesting final is a few weeks. Hopefully Derry will have Lynch, Mc Closkey, Mc Bride and Mc Goldrick back from injury for it! Interested to see this Heslin lad.

Croí na hÉireann

Partly but was more impressed the way the loaded the pitch on one side with bodies and then a man drifted down the other empty wing and was found repeatedly with an accurate cross pitch pass in yards of space. I'm not sure if we ever copped on to this. Took us an age to shift Maguire onto Bradley as well, lesson learned there I hope. Good team performance from Derry rather than anyone standing out. The best drilled team in Division two we've played.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Throw ball on April 07, 2013, 08:03:20 PM
Quote from: Santino on April 07, 2013, 07:58:55 PM

Think this was discussed before. Near sure Armagh 2002 were last division 2 team to win all Ireland. Do not think we will see a repeat this year though!

Yeah, that's definitely right. And they topped a Division Two containing Kerry. But people will still tell you the league is irrelevant.

shark

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 08, 2013, 10:05:50 AM
Kieran Gavin had a nasty accident in work last week and was a big loss, hope there's no lasting damage and he makes a quick recovery.

Very nasty indeed. He will be ok for final though and hopefully can lift the Div 2 Cup to add to last years impressive haul of captaining O'Byrne Cup, Sigerson Cup and Westmeath Senior Championship wins.

David McKeown

Strange division this year, lot of evenly matched teams.  Strange to see a team lose only their last game and still get promoted with a negative scoring difference.  I think next years league will be a lot more clear cut
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner