NFL Div 2 2013

Started by Croí na hÉireann, January 30, 2013, 03:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: All of a Sludden on April 03, 2013, 02:19:23 PM
ARMAGH captain Ciaran McKeever has picked up a four-week suspension and will miss Sunday’s crucial league match with Galway.

The Cullyhanna man was sent to the line late in the side’s game with Louth, despite not playing. McKeever had been allegedly been involved in a verbal altercation with Louth free-taker Brian White.

He attended a hearing last night and was handed a four-week suspension.

That's a bit strong.  While I agree Ciaran should not have got involved in what he did, if everybody got a four week suspension for verbal altercations we'd be down to 11 a side matches.  Anything more to it??
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

shawshank

Quote from: mackers on April 03, 2013, 02:37:49 PM
ARMAGH captain Ciaran McKeever has picked up a four-week suspension and will miss Sunday's crucial league match with Galway.

The Cullyhanna man was sent to the line late in the side's game with Louth, despite not playing. McKeever had been allegedly been involved in a verbal altercation with Louth free-taker Brian White.

That's a bit strong.  While I agree Ciaran should not have got involved in what he did, if everybody got a four week suspension for verbal altercations we'd be down to 11 a side matches.  Anything more to it??

So you think it's ok to verbally abuse players. At least we had one ref with a set  of balls to apply the rules. Mc Keever is some tool. After last nights hearing he might be happy with the introduction of the black card,(after his brainless rate in the paper about the black card) if the rule had of been in place he would have just been sent to the stand, and available for the next match.

mackers

Quote from: shawshank on April 03, 2013, 02:59:24 PM
Quote from: mackers on April 03, 2013, 02:37:49 PM
ARMAGH captain Ciaran McKeever has picked up a four-week suspension and will miss Sunday’s crucial league match with Galway.

The Cullyhanna man was sent to the line late in the side’s game with Louth, despite not playing. McKeever had been allegedly been involved in a verbal altercation with Louth free-taker Brian White.

So you think it's ok to verbally abuse players. At least we had one ref with a set  of balls to apply the rules. Mc Keever is some tool. After last nights hearing he might be happy with the introduction of the black card,(after his brainless rate in the paper about the black card) if the rule had of been in place he would have just been sent to the stand, and available for the next match.
Good man shawshank...you verbally abuse a player for verbally abusing players...you couldn't make it up.
You didn't read my post before starting on your "rate" (your word not mine).  I didn't say that it was OK to verbally abuse players, in fact I said he was wrong to get involved in the way he did.  I queried the fact that he got four weeks for a verbal altercation.  If he did, it's the first time I remember it happening.

shawshank

I'm sure he got suspended for saying the free taker was a tool.  :o

brokencrossbar1

I think there were a few incidents mackers.  I think that given the new drive to rid the game of sledging it was inevitable that something would happen.  The irony of the player involved after the 'Sheehan-gate' is surreal but somewhat poetic!

brokencrossbar1

I have to say given the player unavailability for the weekends game it will take a gargantuan effort by Armagh to win the game on Sunday.  Division 3 is looking extremely more likely to be the final resting place for this squad.

Walter Cronc

Nothing new with Mc Keever. The most over rated footballer in Ulster. Before you eat me Mackers. My opinion, thats all :)

mackers

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 03, 2013, 04:00:26 PM
Nothing new with Mc Keever. The most over rated footballer in Ulster. Before you eat me Mackers. My opinion, thats all :)
You're entitled to that opinion.  The fact that it is wrong won't get you an eating though. ;)

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 03, 2013, 03:47:47 PM
I think there were a few incidents mackers.  I think that given the new drive to rid the game of sledging it was inevitable that something would happen.  The irony of the player involved after the 'Sheehan-gate' is surreal but somewhat poetic!
If there were other incidents then this would need to be clarified in the official statements, otherwise we can prepare for a long hot summer of four week bans being handed out willy nilly.

DuffleKing

I think we are missing an important distinction here. McKeever was maor uisce for the game and as such part of the Armagh support team. match day regulations apply to officials as opposed to the competition rules which players face disciplinary measures for. playing suspensions are now done in terms of numbers of matches I think - i.e. 1 game for category 2 offence, 2 games for category 3 offence, etc. Assuming that to be correct, the suspension applied to McKeever would be for breach of match day regulations as laid down for managers, maor foirne (sp), maor uisce, etc? Going by what I saw, he could have been liable for any number of breaches for that one game. I saw him on the pitch a number of times (Once for a maor uisce would be a breach?) and I imagine it was a culmination. An observer in the stand tallies things like this and there may have been a suspension coming even before the ref sent him off?

Jinxy

In the good old days a lad like McKeever would have had the corners knocked off him nice and early.
The fact that some people consider him to be some sort of hard man is embarrassing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 03, 2013, 06:17:07 PM

I think we are missing an important distinction here. McKeever was maor uisce for the game and as such part of the Armagh support team. match day regulations apply to officials as opposed to the competition rules which players face disciplinary measures for. playing suspensions are now done in terms of numbers of matches I think - i.e. 1 game for category 2 offence, 2 games for category 3 offence, etc. Assuming that to be correct, the suspension applied to McKeever would be for breach of match day regulations as laid down for managers, maor foirne (sp), maor uisce, etc? Going by what I saw, he could have been liable for any number of breaches for that one game. I saw him on the pitch a number of times (Once for a maor uisce would be a breach?) and I imagine it was a culmination. An observer in the stand tallies things like this and there may have been a suspension coming even before the ref sent him off?

You are right about that Duffleking.  I recall a similar situation with myself as a trainer where I ran down the line a few times with water bottles and gave instructions to players, nothing else.  I didn't have an 'official' bib on.  The club got a letter the following week to state that I was suspended from the field for 4 weeks, they didn't even know I was up before the disciplinary board!  He needs to wise up full stop and concentrate on playing football, which he is good at when he puts his mind into the game.

Quote from: Jinxy on April 03, 2013, 06:34:56 PM
In the good old days a lad like McKeever would have had the corners knocked off him nice and early.
The fact that some people consider him to be some sort of hard man is embarrassing.

Much of it is self-perpetuated but he is a tough enough lad but not in the old Meath style or even the old Armagh style!

mackers

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 03, 2013, 06:17:07 PM

That makes more sense DK.  It's the sort of factual response I was looking for before our friends from Derry weighed in to have a few cheap shots.

Dont Matter

This can't be true surely? The man who courageously got sent off last year for defending his county against outrageous abuse is now involved in giving abuse to another player? No, I don't believe it. 
Angel McKeever hasn't made a statement yet, I'm sure he'll confirm what we all know. He was racially abused. Once more he got sent off for fighting against racism. Why is this noble man being punished time and time and time and time again? Disgraceful!
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

mackers

Jaysus man let it go!!

Dont Matter

This toe rag tried to drag our counties name through the mud last year, I'm glad more counties are realising (although they already probobly new) that this guy is a joke, a wannabe hardman who resorts to hitting players when they're not looking and running to the papers when he's been bested. By all accounts some nasty things came from his mouth against Louth, he was dead against that sort of thing last year and even a few weeks ago.
Nothing against Armagh personally, hope they stay up and we get to travel to Crossmaglen next year but they're better off geting rid of this player, he costs you more than he gains you.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn