Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: stew on December 11, 2012, 11:49:17 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 10, 2012, 11:02:40 PM
Where is Evil Genius?

The Vile wan has crawled under his log again.................................................................. No doubt when the dust settles he will come back, arrogant as ever and defend the indefensible!
As long as it hasn't got to that situation where some people want the other people beaten up on an equitable basis?
And that would reap some satisfaction that society had some equity?

What is the indefensible situation?
That a governing party representing the majority ethnic group, has stubbornly resisted a constitutional process to shape an equitable society by fomenting division and destruction?
That having made a string of the most inane comments, renewing the faith about the other side being the cause of all ills, twisting this flag issue around into an attack on their British ethnicity by a bunch ungrateful wretches who just do not accept their inherent inferiority?

LeoMc

Quote from: LeoMc on December 12, 2012, 08:46:09 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 12, 2012, 08:23:40 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 12, 2012, 06:15:23 AM
He wasn't talking about what the police actually, do, he was talking about what they're supposed to do.

Surely these threats to Poots and Donaldson are a made up smoke screen to try to divert attention away from a rapidly spiralling nightmare for the DUP?

Donaldson is a strange one alright. He has been quiet on the flags issue.
Meanwhile Poots has been quite vocal so I would not be surprised if some numpty made a threat and handed them back a chance to make some "themmuns is as bad" type speeches.

I'll take that back. According to Ken Reid he has been defying the leadership on the flags issue by continuing to call for protests. Still no justification for death threats.

Nally Stand

Quote from: LeoMc on December 12, 2012, 10:39:33 AM
He wasn't talking about what the police actually, do, he was talking about what they're supposed to do.

Surely these threats to Poots and Donaldson are a made up smoke screen to try to divert attention away from a rapidly spiralling nightmare for the DUP?

Meanwhile Poots has been quite vocal so I would not be surprised if some numpty made a threat and handed them back a chance to make some "themmuns is as bad" type speeches.

I'll take that back. According to Ken Reid he has been defying the leadership on the flags issue by continuing to call for protests. Still no justification for death threats.

Good man Jeffrey. NO SURRENDER!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

johnneycool

Quote from: LeoMc on December 12, 2012, 10:39:33 AM

Who has threatened him?

Oh, its the dissident republicans, believed Mr Poots.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20686613

Do these types of organisations actually ring the RUC and tell the phone operator 'I'm going to kill Jeffery and Edwin'??

Why would they do that?

Hardy

Might as well put this here too:

What's with all this pathetic invocation of EG? Is this a variant of the "going out of your way to be offended" syndrome, whereby you go out of your way to find someone likely to have a different viewpoint to yourself (but only on occasions when you sense a potential opportunity to gloat and never on occasions when the shoe might be on the other foot)?

Or is it just another form of coat trailing/marching where you're not wanted, whereby a perceived victory (though that in itself is a pathetic view of the current situation) is worthless unless you can flaunt it before your perceived enemy?

Cold tea

Maybe it is just a straightforward question!  Maybe your quote was just an opportunity for you to try to be smug as usual!

seafoid

The Protestant share of the population has declined significantly in 10 years.
Is the brain drain primarily responsible? 

Cold tea

NAG1

Quote from: seafoid on December 12, 2012, 11:07:45 AM
The Protestant share of the population has declined significantly in 10 years.
Is the brain drain primarily responsible?

That is special in terms of the debate this thread is all about.  ;)
Was it meant to be a joke?

omagh_gael

@ Johnneycool

Jeremy's threat was written in a sympathy card and posted to a newspaper office (not 100% sure if it was a newspaper office) according to Nolan this morning.

In other news...the boul Willie (no, not that one!) to be seen at a street corner near you??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-20691234

nrico2006

Thats the first thing I thought of this morning when I heard the news.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Darren Clarke ‏
@DarrenClarke60
I'm proud to be from NI and always will be but this rioting only gives us a negative global image..we need to move forward together! #flegs

We have had our darkest days in NI...keep them there. It's time to respect democracy..the future is our children..let them have a better NI!

theskull1

Quote from: Hardy on December 12, 2012, 10:53:21 AM
Might as well put this here too:

What's with all this pathetic invocation of EG? Is this a variant of the "going out of your way to be offended" syndrome, whereby you go out of your way to find someone likely to have a different viewpoint to yourself (but only on occasions when you sense a potential opportunity to gloat and never on occasions when the shoe might be on the other foot)?

Or is it just another form of coat trailing/marching where you're not wanted, whereby a perceived victory (though that in itself is a pathetic view of the current situation) is worthless unless you can flaunt it before your perceived enemy?

Good post Hardy. In total agreement.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Orior

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 12, 2012, 01:03:38 PM

Thats the first thing I thought of this morning when I heard the news.

True.

The DUP created a monster with their leaflet drop, and now want to step away.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: ballinaman on December 12, 2012, 01:06:39 PM
Darren Clarke ‏
@DarrenClarke60
I'm proud to be from NI and always will be but this rioting only gives us a negative global image..we need to move forward together! #flegs

We have had our darkest days in NI...keep them there. It's time to respect democracy..the future is our children..let them have a better NI!

Oh dear. Poor Darren will now be up there with Holly (aged 8) from Kent.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians