Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: theticklemister on December 11, 2012, 07:47:22 PM
Lads what ye complaining about.......... the police force was set up to protect the state. That's what any police force's primary job is. It has been going on for centuries all around the world. Even this rejuvineted RUC will not change.

A police force's first loyalty is supposed to be to the law, not the state.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ulick on December 11, 2012, 02:10:36 PM
Quote from: nifan on December 11, 2012, 01:27:00 PM
Quote from: Aerlik on December 11, 2012, 01:14:44 PM
And to read that a WPC had a petrol bomb thrown in her car...  there was a time not many moons ago when a nationalist child only had to go out to the local shop for a loaf of bread and a pint of milk to be murdered by "security" forces.  Hmmmmmm.  Wonder why she never drew her weapon and shot the wannabe murderer.

Thats some hyperbole.

Julie Livingstone was on her way to the shop when she was killed by the British Army. Majella O'Hare (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12877797) was on her way to Mass. I'm sure there were many other examples.

Be careful what you post, was there not a catholic girl and her dad (a judge) killed on way home from mass? Who was it that attempted to kill and kill them?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ulick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2012, 10:13:24 PM
Quote from: Ulick on December 11, 2012, 02:10:36 PM
Quote from: nifan on December 11, 2012, 01:27:00 PM
Quote from: Aerlik on December 11, 2012, 01:14:44 PM
And to read that a WPC had a petrol bomb thrown in her car...  there was a time not many moons ago when a nationalist child only had to go out to the local shop for a loaf of bread and a pint of milk to be murdered by "security" forces.  Hmmmmmm.  Wonder why she never drew her weapon and shot the wannabe murderer.

Thats some hyperbole.

Julie Livingstone was on her way to the shop when she was killed by the British Army. Majella O'Hare (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12877797) was on her way to Mass. I'm sure there were many other examples.

Be careful what you post, was there not a catholic girl and her dad (a judge) killed on way home from mass? Who was it that attempted to kill and kill them?

I'm sure there was but I was addressing a specific point when Aerlik was accused of using hyperbole. I didn't see any about any other type of killings, please feel free to point it out if I've missed something.

theskull1

"Flags are fcukin scary"

Who in the north could disagree with that comment
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theticklemister

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 11, 2012, 09:38:31 PM
Lads what ye complaining about.......... the police force was set up to protect the state. That's what any police force's primary job is. It has been going on for centuries all around the world. Even this rejuvineted RUC will not change.

Who makes the law?

Quote from: theskull1 on December 11, 2012, 10:59:03 PM
"Flags are fcukin scary"

Who in the north could disagree with that comment

Yer flag is the scariest!!! 'yer' people's flag condones looting and robbing, yer people have robbed more people than the offical's robbed post offices!

stew

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 10, 2012, 11:02:40 PM
Where is Evil Genius?

The Vile wan has crawled under his log again.................................................................. No doubt when the dust settles he will come back, arrogant as ever and defend the indefensible!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Quote from: stew on December 11, 2012, 11:49:17 PM
Where is Evil Genius?

The Vile wan has crawled under his log again.................................................................. No doubt when the dust settles he will come back, arrogant as ever and defend the indefensible!

As has been pointed our previously, he unequivocally condemned the rioters. What more do you want from the man?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: theticklemister on December 11, 2012, 11:10:23 PM

Who makes the law?

Irrelevant. Police are there to enforce the law irrespective of what they are or what entity made them.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: gallsman on December 12, 2012, 12:58:17 AM
Quote from: stew on December 11, 2012, 11:49:17 PM
Where is Evil Genius?

As has been pointed our previously, he unequivocally condemned the rioters. What more do you want from the man?

Sackcloth and ashes.

Oraisteach

Now, Gallsman, to be fair, in the past he has been known to condemn unequivocally reprehensible conduct (i.e. murder) and in the very same breath revel in its result (i.e. death).  You know, like, there's two things I'd love to get rid of—a corrupt justice system and lawyers that have to deal with it, if and only if I deem them Republican sympathizers.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 12, 2012, 02:41:46 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on December 11, 2012, 11:10:23 PM

Who makes the law?

Irrelevant. Police are there to enforce the law irrespective of what they are or what entity made them.
Not always. It's quite a grey area sometimes when things are trina cheile.

Eamonnca1

He wasn't talking about what the police actually, do, he was talking about what they're supposed to do.

NAG1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 12, 2012, 06:15:23 AM
He wasn't talking about what the police actually, do, he was talking about what they're supposed to do.

Surely these threats to Poots and Donaldson are a made up smoke screen to try to divert attention away from a rapidly spiralling nightmare for the DUP?

seafoid

The law is one thing. How the law is implemented is usually very different.
Power is very subtle. It gets what it wants regardless of the law.

LeoMc

Quote from: NAG1 on December 12, 2012, 08:23:40 AM

Surely these threats to Poots and Donaldson are a made up smoke screen to try to divert attention away from a rapidly spiralling nightmare for the DUP?

Donaldson is a strange one alright. He has been quiet on the flags issue.
Meanwhile Poots has been quite vocal so I would not be surprised if some numpty made a threat and handed them back a chance to make some "themmuns is as bad" type speeches.