Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Tommy im going up to stay in the ormeau tomorrow for a few nights in my mates. He lives beside the errigal- any problems up there??ill he there about 5 tomorro, any protests??

imtommygunn

That's where the current protests are! Well they're upper ormeau which is there - that side of the bridge is shut.

I'd say it'd be alright up at the errigle territory - the crappy part would be ormeaua bakery side round ballynafeigh lodge.

BennyCake

Anyone care to venture a guess as to how this all will end?

theticklemister

Quote from: BennyCake on December 12, 2012, 06:22:57 PM
Anyone care to venture a guess as to how this all will end?

'I haven't gone away you know...............................................................'

fingerbob

Quote from: theticklemister on December 12, 2012, 05:49:40 PM
Tommy im going up to stay in the ormeau tomorrow for a few nights in my mates. He lives beside the errigal- any problems up there??ill he there about 5 tomorro, any protests??

I live beside the dunnes on the upper side of ormeau. Walking back from work at 5 there was just a load of hoods on the lower side with a load of protesters on the upper side with their flags. Road was closed at the bridge but no trouble at all when I was goin past. Don't think it has gotten violent over the past few nights and once you get on up towards the errigle it should be grand.

Wildweasel74

Heard Billy Hutchinson on the radio yesterday morning, the ravings of a deluded man much like the idiots who drop into line behind him. actually said it was more than about flags at city hall, when asked what they want , he couldn't answer, sounds like a riot to inject money into these loyalist areas again. if these f**kers actually went out and worked or at least try to find a job, they wouldn't have time for this crap. I say 75% out protesting on the roads don't work, they be better protesting looking for job opportunities. the mask drops from time to time and the bitterness flows out. I have alot of protestant friends some of which are in the orange order, and religion barely gets a mention, but we all are annoyed at the traffic jams created by these low life breaking the law, when law abiding citizens cant even get home from work, cant run a business properly, cant vote for their beliefs or what is right without intimidation, cause this is happening. What will happen in the next 20yrs when the make up of the population switches the other way. The big influx of foreign nationals, many from Catholic countries will hold the sway in upcoming yrs

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rois on December 12, 2012, 03:31:02 PM
I saw on Facebook that there's a peace rally being organised for Belfast city centre on Sunday (to finish at 12pm) with everyone encouraged to stay in town afterwards and spend money in shops/restaurants/market to help make up for lost trade.

Could be lots of money to be made selling Union and Tricolour flags. All these peacefull protesters wanting to respect the Tricolour by lighting it on fire and respect the Union flag by covering it in phlem while using it as a facemask or covering it in dogshite as they drag it along the street.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

charlieTully

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 12, 2012, 08:51:30 PM
Heard Billy Hutchinson on the radio yesterday morning, the ravings of a deluded man much like the idiots who drop into line behind him. actually said it was more than about flags at city hall, when asked what they want , he couldn't answer, sounds like a riot to inject money into these loyalist areas again. if these f**kers actually went out and worked or at least try to find a job, they wouldn't have time for this crap. I say 75% out protesting on the roads don't work, they be better protesting looking for job opportunities. the mask drops from time to time and the bitterness flows out. I have alot of protestant friends some of which are in the orange order, and religion barely gets a mention, but we all are annoyed at the traffic jams created by these low life breaking the law, when law abiding citizens cant even get home from work, cant run a business properly, cant vote for their beliefs or what is right without intimidation, cause this is happening. What will happen in the next 20yrs when the make up of the population switches the other way. The big influx of foreign nationals, many from Catholic countries will hold the sway in upcoming yrs

strange too there are no jobs, no prospects etc etc etc yet the foreign nationals who come over, the majority of them can find a job without much difficulty, a lot of these tramps think they are too good for the moy parks etc, give me a foreign national over the schemie loyalist bastards any day.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

From what I have noticed the few English & Welsh folk that have commented to me on the flag thing over here, seem to think the Loyalists are a disgrace. I have yet to hear one English or Welsh person here in Liverpool to agree with the protests, the reaction seems to vary between embarrassment to bewilderment. The only Scottish person I have come across to comment on it had rather strong views on what he thought of the Loyalists, but it must be pointed out he also supports Scottish Independence so I reckon I would take his outlook with a pinch of salt. In a city with such a big Orange Order as Liverpool I am slighlty suprised that they are not getting more support, even many of my orange minded Scouser or Norn Iron friends appear to be avoiding the subject on their facebook or in general convo like it is the plague.

Also it seems the Irish now outnumber the British in the 6 counties.

British = 40%
Irish + Northern Irish = 46%

Who are the other 14% though!

If you add in Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal then Ulster must be a very Irish place  ;)  ;D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

michaelg

Quote from: charlieTully on December 12, 2012, 09:44:30 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 12, 2012, 08:51:30 PM

strange too there are no jobs, no prospects etc etc etc yet the foreign nationals who come over, the majority of them can find a job without much difficulty, a lot of these tramps think they are too good for the moy parks etc, give me a foreign national over the schemie loyalist b**tards any day.
No fan of the protesting loyalist fuckwits myself, however, it's not just workshy loyalists who are not too keen on working in the moy parks etc

imtommygunn

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 12, 2012, 09:35:27 PM
Quote from: Rois on December 12, 2012, 03:31:02 PM
I saw on Facebook that there's a peace rally being organised for Belfast city centre on Sunday (to finish at 12pm) with everyone encouraged to stay in town afterwards and spend money in shops/restaurants/market to help make up for lost trade.

Could be lots of money to be made selling Union and Tricolour flags. All these peacefull protesters wanting to respect the Tricolour by lighting it on fire and respect the Union flag by covering it in phlem while using it as a facemask or covering it in dogshite as they drag it along the street.

It's a protest against the protests is it jot though? I don't think it's a protest against flags.

Bensars

EC Unique

johnneycool

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20706185

Bloody hell, he's from Tullycarnet, only over the hills to Peter's place.

This rousing of the rabble could backfire dramatically on the DUP unless they can get the fleg flying for longer at stormont or the likes.