Donegal at war over where to bring home Sam

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, September 04, 2012, 04:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conallach

Small town politics - some local representatives getting petty. They sound like a few men who can't see the wood for the trees.

On another note, I don't think the fans are anywhere near as cocksure as is being suggested.

It'll be Donegal's toughest game and biggest text of this season, and while I hope they win, I'm not certain of anything. No one I know is being particularly cocky about it either. Sure, you'll get a few eejits in every county, but there's been such a concerted effort by some folk to play the 'Donegal are getting carried away with it' card by some supporters - and some analysts too, David Brady in particular - since the semi final that I've been genuinely suprised.#

No problem with Mayo, no problem with Mayo's support (as I'm well aware the Devenney could more than match any dumb statement Brady makes) and looking forward to a good battle between two evenly matched teams who both desperately want the win.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Rossfan on September 04, 2012, 02:16:23 PM
Also there were a lot of 5-in-a-row T shirts waiting to be let loose in September 1982  ;D
They sold a few of them in Kilkenny in 2010!

johnneycool

Quote from: Premier Emperor on September 04, 2012, 03:33:50 PM
Also there were a lot of 5-in-a-row T shirts waiting to be let loose in September 1982  ;D
They sold a few of them in Kilkenny in 2010!

The drive for five I think they called it then.

SLIGONIAN

Well Sligo had some mighty plans made for a Sunday night in July 2010 . ;)
No shit sherlock, sure most of roscommon didnt turn up for that game aswell, why? and yeve proved since then it wasnt a one off #sarc ::) fluke

This thread is a total no brainer, mayo county board like donegals will have to have homecoming plans for a win or loss...just like us in 2010.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

drici

nephinman

Quote from: Conallach on September 04, 2012, 03:21:22 PM
Small town politics - some local representatives getting petty. They sound like a few men who can't see the wood for the trees.

On another note, I don't think the fans are anywhere near as cocksure as is being suggested.

It'll be Donegal's toughest game and biggest text of this season, and while I hope they win, I'm not certain of anything. No one I know is being particularly cocky about it either. Sure, you'll get a few eejits in every county, but there's been such a concerted effort by some folk to play the 'Donegal are getting carried away with it' card by some supporters - and some analysts too, David Brady in particular - since the semi final that I've been genuinely suprised.#

No problem with Mayo, no problem with Mayo's support (as I'm well aware the Devenney could more than match any dumb statement Brady makes) and looking forward to a good battle between two evenly matched teams who both desperately want the win.

Jasus dont try to drag Brady down to the same level as Devenny  :o

Orchardman

I would agree with that, there has been alot of shite said about donegal getting carried away, a lot of it is pure nonsense.
And by the way, nothing wrong with talking about homecomings, its f**k all to do with arrogance, a team has a homecoming win or lose, and donegal's will surely be massive so let people enjoy the hype!

As i said before earlier in the year even before armagh were put out ( as i knew they wouldnt make semi final at least), these are the 2 sides i wanted in the final. I would be worried though for my slight favourite, donegal. I made them firm favourities after the ulster final, long before beating kerry and cork. I think it's being set up far too much for a donegal fall.

But i've noticed far too much poor mouthing from mayo, since before the down match even, about not getting enough credit. Though i actually do rate mayo very well, how much credit did mayo people really need after beating leitrim and sligo, like come on. I agree armagh used to say the same thing leading up to 2002, i hate that shite. Win the frigging sam and get all the credit in the world then

stew

Quote from: Orchardman on September 04, 2012, 10:12:19 PM
I would agree with that, there has been alot of shite said about donegal getting carried away, a lot of it is pure nonsense.
And by the way, nothing wrong with talking about homecomings, its f**k all to do with arrogance, a team has a homecoming win or lose, and donegal's will surely be massive so let people enjoy the hype!

As i said before earlier in the year even before armagh were put out ( as i knew they wouldnt make semi final at least), these are the 2 sides i wanted in the final. I would be worried though for my slight favourite, donegal. I made them firm favourities after the ulster final, long before beating kerry and cork. I think it's being set up far too much for a donegal fall.

But i've noticed far too much poor mouthing from mayo, since before the down match even, about not getting enough credit. Though i actually do rate mayo very well, how much credit did mayo people really need after beating leitrim and sligo, like come on. I agree armagh used to say the same thing leading up to 2002, i hate that shite. Win the frigging sam and get all the credit in the world then

I hope Donegal beat Mayo............................. just because of one or two of the Mayo heads on here, they seem to forget they tend to shite the togs most of the time they even see Croker, let alone play on her.

It is however refreshing to get an AI free from Kerry and Tyrone, that is a nice change and if Mayo do win it then fair fecks to them.

In 77 we had a massive crowd out to see our team come home after getting destroyed by the Dubs and JK in particular, it is an important part of the AI experience and despite the shit stirring from one or two of the Mayo wans it has feck all to do with arrogance or over confidence and everything to do with tradition, future planning and public safety.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: stew on September 04, 2012, 10:36:57 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on September 04, 2012, 10:12:19 PM

Mayo heads on here, they seem to forget they tend to shite the togs most of the time they even see Croker, let alone play on her.

WRONG, Mayo have won more in Croke Park in the last 10 years than they have lost. But of course Donegal will bate us out the gate, thats a given.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

Syferus

It's amazing people - and people who really should know better - are still bandying that myth about Mayo and Croke Park. It's finals that have undone Mayo, not the Hogan and Cusack Stands. Five AI finals in 16 years, neatly spread over that span, makes Mayo very clearly the second most consistent team (we're talking championship here before someone gets pedantic and mentions Cork's three-in-a-row of NFL titles) in the country over a very extended period. You don't get to that many finals by being crap at HQ.

IolarCoisCuain

From the Bunker

Quote from: stew on September 04, 2012, 10:36:57 PM
I hope Donegal beat Mayo............................. just because of one or two of the Mayo heads on here, they seem to forget they tend to shite the togs most of the time they even see Croker, let alone play on her.

Are you Marty Morrissey? Martin Breheny? or even Eugene McGee?
We have won more games in Croker than we have lost in Croker in the last 16 years. Now if you want to talk about finals well fair enough. But say that!

cadence

those from mayo looking for reasons to stick it to those arrogant donegal folk and take them down a peg or two.... i think it was two mayo women that time. whilst we got on like a house on fire, it could never have worked out. the semi in '92 had left scars that can never be healed. just saying like.