Donegal at war over where to bring home Sam

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, September 04, 2012, 04:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: cadence on September 05, 2012, 08:32:53 AM
those from mayo looking for reasons to stick it to those arrogant donegal folk and take them down a peg or two.... i think it was two mayo women that time. whilst we got on like a house on fire, it could never have worked out. the semi in '92 had left scars that can never be healed. just saying like.

1992 hardly registers in Mayo, sure it was just another semi-final, well used to them lad  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 05, 2012, 12:02:16 AM
Quote from: stew on September 04, 2012, 10:36:57 PM
I hope Donegal beat Mayo............................. just because of one or two of the Mayo heads on here, they seem to forget they tend to shite the togs most of the time they even see Croker, let alone play on her.

Are you Marty Morrissey? Martin Breheny? or even Eugene McGee?
We have won more games in Croker than we have lost in Croker in the last 16 years. Now if you want to talk about finals well fair enough. But say that!
#

I'm sure come the 23'rd they will announce how we haven't won a game in Croke Park all year.

cadence

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 05, 2012, 08:36:02 AM
Quote from: cadence on September 05, 2012, 08:32:53 AM
those from mayo looking for reasons to stick it to those arrogant donegal folk and take them down a peg or two.... i think it was two mayo women that time. whilst we got on like a house on fire, it could never have worked out. the semi in '92 had left scars that can never be healed. just saying like.

1992 hardly registers in Mayo, sure it was just another semi-final, well used to them lad  ;)

'spose.

ck

So the general concensus is that Donegal are unbeatable and Mayo can't win finals no matter who they are against...
It can mean only one outcome!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seanog

I think most people in Mayo accept we can't possibly win it but we love the banter, the flags, the hype, the mike denver songs, the ticket scramble, the pints and the craic.

Maybe it would be an idea if we adopted a terrace chant from the English soccer clubs  when they were about to get relegated ' We're only here for the piss up, here for the piss  up , here for the pisssssss up, we're only here for the piss up"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: seanog on September 05, 2012, 10:30:16 PM
I think most people in Mayo accept we can't possibly win it but we love the banter, the flags, the hype, the mike denver songs, the ticket scramble, the pints and the craic.

Maybe it would be an idea if we adopted a terrace chant from the English soccer clubs  when they were about to get relegated ' We're only here for the piss up, here for the piss  up , here for the pisssssss up, we're only here for the piss up"

We're not Donegal, we're Western Connacht to the tune of the Norn Iron song

criostlinn

My rant is probably better in here

sure what preparation do you need to make for a homecoming.

Get an auld trailer and put the boys up on it.

I dont buy into all this rubbish about Donegal been over confident. I hope Mayo are the same. Isnt this the idea of all these head coaches. Sure what the hell is Kieran Shannon at if he isnt trying to build lads confidence up. He's hardly going around saying ye are shit in the hope that we end up less confident then Donegal and expecting to win because of this.

Mayo people are also going around on edge afraid to say we might win the game or even show any support for the team. Everybody telling us to avoid  the "hype" because this is what beat us before. Maybe if some of the experts in this field could put up a list of what exactly we can do it would be great. I have a load of sheep ready for painting but I want to get the amount right so as to avoid the "hype" going into overdrive. Do ye really think Cillian O Connor driving by a load of green and red sheep is thinking, fcuk Im so nervous now about this match.

Ill tell you what the real problem is here. Its typical good old Irish begrudgery. Everyone loves to see people fall flat on there face and if they fall after building themselves up a little even better again. Irish people hate to see anyone getting above there station. Sure them fellas think they are great altogether. And they cant wait until you come tumbling down. "Sure didnt I tell you". Them fellas got carried away with themselves.

Donegal or Mayo are not going to be complacent in this Final. How could they be. Both teams will respect each other and Im sure both sets of players will expect to beat the others. Fans will go wild in the build up, but thats part of it so lads stop coming on here putting down every poster with a bit of confidence in there team with  the usual sh1i of the "Mayo lads are getting carried away with themselves again" or "them Donegal lads are really setting themselves up for a fall".

Oh yeah. Mayo posters will ye every snap out of this beal bocht crap ye are going on with. Its the AI final for christ sake. Get behind the team and start to show a bit of faith. Ye are not codding anyone and its getting a bit tiresome now.

Rant over

rrhf

I think it should be Letterkenny personally, With Daniel O Donnell, Margo, Bernard Mc Hugh, Kevin Cassidy, Roma Downey and Jimmy from Senegal all there doing their party pieces to greet the heroes.   

Champ15

It really is laughable what letterkenny chamber of commerce have done I used to work in ballina's chamber of commerce and while we did hold or push for events in the town it was for a) to boost the economy in the town and b) promote local businesses/produce in the town. Anything on a bigger scale such as a music festival we tried to hold in the town is in conjunction with the town council which is surely more letterkennys town council right to submit an offer to hold a homecoming in writing to the county board rather than the chamber going public!! Something nearly similar happened before our all Ireland club final in 05 when portlaoise had booked an open top bus a few weeks in hand and had there route home and events published in a paper. We didn't care and I don't think it even riled us up even but all we knew and cared about wad win lose or draw we'd back at the club the next day
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

Lecale2

It seems the "war" is over and Donegal Town has won.

How will Letterkenny Chamber of Trade react? Will they take it on the chin or appeal to the DRA?

Lecale2

Move on. Nothing to see here. Can this thread be locked?

Donegal town to host homecoming
06 September 2012

The Donegal footballers won't be breaking with tradition for their All-Ireland final homecoming.

Donegal town, which has traditionally hosted homecoming celebrations, has been confirmed as the venue for welcome home party for the Ulster champions, despite an attempt by Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce to move the event to Letterkenny. Speaking yesterday, Jim McGuinness described the controversy as "disrespectful" to both Donegal and Mayo.

The chairman of the Four Masters GAA club Sean Dunnion, confirmed today that the team would be returning to Donegal town the night after the All-Ireland final.

"There will be a reception for the team on Monday, September 24 at around 8pm on the Diamond, whatever the result. The team and management deserve a great reception, whether they win or not. They've worked so hard throughout the year," he told The Donegal Democrat.

"We had notification from the county board this morning that our application to host the event was successful. We are absolutely delighted with the news.

"It's a pity that the issue of where the homecoming reception would be held became something of a distraction over the last four-five days, but we know that the team and management have remained focused. We're just glad that we can get on with working away quietly preparing to welcome them back and show them how much we appreciate all they've done."

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 06, 2012, 08:57:04 PM

06 September 2012

The Donegal footballers won't be breaking with tradition for their All-Ireland final homecoming.

Donegal town, which has traditionally hosted homecoming celebrations, has been confirmed as the venue for welcome home party for the Ulster champions, despite an attempt by Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce to move the event to Letterkenny. Speaking yesterday, Jim McGuinness described the controversy as "disrespectful" to both Donegal and Mayo.

The chairman of the Four Masters GAA club Sean Dunnion, confirmed today that the team would be returning to Donegal town the night after the All-Ireland final.

"There will be a reception for the team on Monday, September 24 at around 8pm on the Diamond, whatever the result. The team and management deserve a great reception, whether they win or not. They've worked so hard throughout the year," he told The Donegal Democrat.

"We had notification from the county board this morning that our application to host the event was successful. We are absolutely delighted with the news.

"It's a pity that the issue of where the homecoming reception would be held became something of a distraction over the last four-five days, but we know that the team and management have remained focused. We're just glad that we can get on with working away quietly preparing to welcome them back and show them how much we appreciate all they've done."

Apparently they have won it already? I'm sure that's what I heard people say after the demolition of Cork in the semi???
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 06, 2012, 09:16:54 PM

06 September 2012

Apparently they have won it already? I'm sure that's what I heard people say after the demolition of Cork in the semi???

Aaaahhhh bollix, the fact they are not factoring in the possiblity of a draw means they really believe they are going to hocky Mayo by 5 or 6 points +

J70

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 06, 2012, 09:16:54 PM

06 September 2012

Don't worry boys, the backlash is due to begin soon, if it hasn't already. Mayo will have plenty of backers in the press as well.