Cork v Kildare

Started by CorkMan, July 28, 2012, 08:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkMan

Should be a tough game for Cork but fancy us to pull through. Kildare are a good side but there awere a few tougher draws we could have got.

Westside

Cork to win, Noel O'Leary to give Seanie a few slaps, 31 counties to cheer the result. Don't fook it up.

Man of Kent

I'm obviously quite new to this, but does everyone want Kildare beat over the Johnston affair or is it a long running thing?

rodney trotter

Yeah Kerry will support Cork because of Seanie Johnston.. Unlikely

I think its the worst possible draw for Kildare. Can't see any team stopping Cork this year, Goulding, O Neill, and Sheehan are all back to full fitness this year and flying.

eviemonkey

It is not the draw I wanted to be honest, a rusty Cork coming up a potentially dangerous Kildare side coming off a run of games.

Kildare can look one-dimensional at times when they come up against a blanket defense but Cork operate with six defenders which will suit Kildare's running game. It will probably be an open game which will come down to a battle of the forwards and Cork should have the edge here but I expect it to be close and nervy, particularly if Cork are slow to come out of the blocks.

Collins

Cork by 4-6 points after a tight, incredibly physical game for 55mins

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Man of Kent on July 28, 2012, 09:42:31 PM
I'm obviously quite new to this, but does everyone want Kildare beat over the Johnston affair or is it a long running thing?

More the Johnston thing. Wasn't the most ethical transfer ever but smacks of hypocrisy to hate Kildare over it... Cork won All-Irelands in 1989 and 1990 spearheaded by two Kildare players, for example.

No-one likes us, MoK, but we don't care. Up the Lilies.

Man of Kent

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 28, 2012, 10:10:47 PM

More the Johnston thing. Wasn't the most ethical transfer ever but smacks of hypocrisy to hate Kildare over it... Cork won All-Irelands in 1989 and 1990 spearheaded by two Kildare players, for example.

Didn't think it could be a first (however messy the SJ thing may have been). I chose Kildare as they were involved in the first GAA matches I watched.................so i'm sticking with you!  Up the Lilies

rodney trotter

Quote from: Man of Kent on July 28, 2012, 10:26:00 PM

Didn't think it could be a first (however messy the SJ thing may have been). I chose Kildare as they were involved in the first GAA matches I watched.................so i'm sticking with you!  Up the Lilies

At least you didn't jump on the Dublin bandwagon as they are the media's favourite team

Man of Kent

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 28, 2012, 10:30:58 PM
Quote from: Man of Kent on July 28, 2012, 10:26:00 PM

At least you didn't jump on the Dublin bandwagon as they are the media's favourite team

Could never have done that. To have pick Dublin, Kerry or Cork would have been like pick Manchester United or Chelski. To quote one of the North most famous...............never, never, never!

Dinny Breen

Kildare as Millwall I like it...

They build us up and now they are ready to cut loose, the article from the failed rugby writer in the Indo was amusing, just waiting to stick the knife into Kildare, as I have said previously they have the epitaph already written.

We will probably get to read it next week but CorK are favourites and are a superb team so it will be hard to justify Kildare losing as an epic failure.
#newbridgeornowhere

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 28, 2012, 10:47:05 PM

Kildare as Millwall I like it...

They build us up and now they are ready to cut loose, the article from the failed rugby writer in the Indo was amusing, just waiting to stick the knife into Kildare, as I have said previously they have the epitaph already written.

We will probably get to read it next week but CorK are favourites and are a superb team so it will be hard to justify Kildare losing as an epic failure.

What gets me about this is that all the experts now say we are drastically over-rated but also say it will be a failure if we don't beat the All-Ireland favourites.
Can't have it both ways.

mylestheslasher

When Kildare lose to Cork do ye reckon will McGeeney leave or will he get another year?

babarino

What gets me about this is that all the experts now say we are drastically over-rated but also say it will be a failure if we don't beat the All-Ireland favourites.
Can't have it both ways.

Can't see Kildare being good enough to beat an excellent Cork side. If they do it will really throw the whole thing open, which would be great.

Sometimes you can want something too much and look to poach players for positions that may be lacking in terms of quality. This is how Kildare are perceived. Anyroad it would they turn Cork over.

Donnellys Hollow

Happy enough with this draw. We may not win it but I think we'll give them their fill of it.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?