Roscommon v Tyrone AI Round 2 Qualifier

Started by Syferus, July 02, 2012, 08:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

pay no heed to that ziggy. PP had those emblems up beside the matches on monday even before the times were even confirmed
They do that when they have extended betting range on the match. I be on PP alot and have found this before with the GAA matches
For example they have the TV sign against 4 matches that day. There will not be 4 matches televised.  I reckon Longford vs Limerick will be covered. Premier sports have allocated the 7pm throw in on their schedule.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggy90

Quote from: God14 on July 06, 2012, 03:39:08 PM
pay no heed to that ziggy. PP had those emblems up beside the matches on monday even before the times were even confirmed
They do that when they have extended betting range on the match. I be on PP alot and have found this before with the GAA matches
For example they have the TV sign against 4 matches that day. There will not be 4 matches televised.  I reckon Longford vs Limerick will be covered. Premier sports have allocated the 7pm throw in on their schedule.

Thanks for that G. I have Premier Sports but I suppose I'll have to settle for Shannonside. Btw is it a better commentary than Mad-West?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Rossfan

Quote from: EC Unique on July 06, 2012, 02:36:40 PM
Tyrone are far too good and will win by at least 5 without getting into top gear. ;)
Good man, keep them coming  ;D ::) :P
Won't ye get a right shock when you discover it's not 2008 any more.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

EC Unique

Quote from: Rossfan on July 06, 2012, 04:33:20 PM
Tyrone are far too good and will win by at least 5 without getting into top gear. ;)

Yea, Your right. The Football super power that is Roscommon to teach Tyrone a lesson. ::)

Syferus

You'll be surprised at how true a statement that is  :D

ONeill

Tyrone wouldn't want to be taking these men lightly. The could be the Wicklow of 2012. Whatever that means.

Only for Sean Cavanagh last year, Tyrone were in a spot of bother. He's out of the equation this time out. I can see a squeaky one here, with the rapturous and ravenous Rossie crowd rejoicingly roaring their rebels on. Tyrone are no world beaters and have lost two of their last three games.

Realistically, Galway pummelled them in Hyde. What happened to Roscommon that day?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: EC Unique on July 06, 2012, 04:37:28 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 06, 2012, 04:33:20 PM

Yea, Your right. The Football super power that is Roscommon to teach Tyrone a lesson. ::)

It's not 2008 anyone Tyrone are no longer one of the super powers of football however they should defeat Roscommon then become unstuck v Kildare,Kerry in the next round if they play them.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on July 06, 2012, 06:18:07 PM
Tyrone wouldn't want to be taking these men lightly. The could be the Wicklow of 2012. Whatever that means.

Only for Sean Cavanagh last year, Tyrone were in a spot of bother. He's out of the equation this time out. I can see a squeaky one here, with the rapturous and ravenous Rossie crowd rejoicingly roaring their rebels on. Tyrone are no world beaters and have lost two of their last three games.

Realistically, Galway pummelled them in Hyde. What happened to Roscommon that day?

We played a two sweeper zone system that gave Galway way too much room to run at us. We lost Michael Finneran (our best midfielder) within the first ten minutes and by the time we'd got a grip on the game we were already double scores down. It's happened plenty of times to Galway, it's less a comment on their quality and more on how we react to the maroon jerseys. The fear is completely gone at under-age so hopefully it'll be out of the system at senior soon enough. We've had absolutely no fear of bigger teams than Galway outside the province, though, and that should stand us in good steed for the 14th.

And we've got a hell of a lot more pedigree than Wicklow - this is no Cinderella story, we've been building from grass roots for years now and it's only in the last four seasons at senior that we've seen hints of it breaking through to senior. Much, much more to come.

rrhf

Roscommon really could run riot although realistically they could ruefully regret their draw with a resurgent Ricey inspired tyrone running rings round them.

ONeill

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2012, 06:57:49 PM

We played a two sweeper zone system that gave Galway way too much room to run at us. We lost Michael Finneran (our best midfielder) within the first ten minutes and by the time we'd got a grip on the game we were already double scores down. It's happened plenty of times to Galway, it's less a comment on their quality and more on how we react to the maroon jerseys. The fear is completely gone at under-age so hopefully it'll be out of the system at senior soon enough. We've had absolutely no fear of bigger teams than Galway outside the province, though, and that should stand us in good steed for the 14th.

And we've got a hell of a lot more pedigree than Wicklow - this is no Cinderella story, we've been building from grass roots for years now and it's only in the last four seasons at senior that we've seen hints of it breaking through to senior. Much, much more to come.

Surely if they were handy they'd have escaped from division 3.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on July 06, 2012, 07:23:52 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2012, 06:57:49 PM

Surely if they were handy they'd have escaped from division 3.

I'll answer seriously:

Remember the panel is made of mostly of players 23 and under - alot of the panel were on Sigerson duty (a huge amount with DCU, who won the cup), u21 (reaching the AI final) or club (Brigids being involved until the end of February). We also had a rash of injuries to compound it, nevermind a new manager trying to take stock and put his imprint on things.

With a full team and run-up I haven't a doubt we would have been promoted, even with what we had we were a few scoreable Donie Shine frees from beating Longford and promotion.

Rossfan

Syferus will you please stop embarrassing us Ros lads on this forum.
I see on stolensheep they are taking you to task for the sh1te you're spouting here.
We got a 2 goal start against effin Longford that day in the League but faded away to oblivion in the last 25 minutes in what was a terrible showing.
We went to Wexford Park where a combination of a late Donie goal plus a lorry load of wides by Wexford ( like last Sunday) gave us a losing margen about 7 points less that we deserved on the day.
We were effin atrocious against Galway and for the first half against Armagh .
We have some decent players coming through from underage but remember out of our 2006 minor team only 3 now remain on the panel.
From our 08 minors we've got Collins and Darren Mc on the panel with hopefully Brogan to come next year ,while from 09 we've got Kilroy, Niall Daly ( the best of them)  and Cathal Shine.
We'll hope and pray that the 2011 Minors will supply us with a some more good ones as they survive the U21 weeding out process.
Right now we aren't exactly putting the fear of God into anyone substantial despite last Sunday's unexpected but welcome win over it has to be said a very limited in ability and attitude Armagh.
We can but hope we'll give these Tyronies a run for their money and if we're in it with 15 to go ......... we might just shock them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 06, 2012, 09:33:20 PM
Syferus will you please stop embarrassing us Ros lads on this forum.
I see on stolensheep they are taking you to task for the sh1te you're spouting here.
We got a 2 goal start against effin Longford that day in the League but faded away to oblivion in the last 25 minutes in what was a terrible showing.
We went to Wexford Park where a combination of a late Donie goal plus a lorry load of wides by Wexford ( like last Sunday) gave us a losing margen about 7 points less that we deserved on the day.
We were effin atrocious against Galway and for the first half against Armagh .
We have some decent players coming through from underage but remember out of our 2006 minor team only 3 now remain on the panel.
From our 08 minors we've got Collins and Darren Mc on the panel with hopefully Brogan to come next year ,while from 09 we've got Kilroy, Niall Daly ( the best of them)  and Cathal Shine.
We'll hope and pray that the 2011 Minors will supply us with a some more good ones as they survive the U21 weeding out process.
Right now we aren't exactly putting the fear of God into anyone substantial despite last Sunday's unexpected but welcome win over it has to be said a very limited in ability and attitude Armagh.
We can but hope we'll give these Tyronies a run for their money and if we're in it with 15 to go ......... we might just shock them.

I see you're trying the 'I see' and not the 'I actively particpate' line  >:(

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on July 06, 2012, 09:33:20 PM
Syferus will you please stop embarrassing us Ros lads on this forum...

Ah no, don't!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...