Roscommon v Tyrone AI Round 2 Qualifier

Started by Syferus, July 02, 2012, 08:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

With the Connacht Minor final at 12 noon the following day I think ye can take it Ros V Tyrone will NOT be changed from the designated time.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

drici

Original stated intentions.

TV3 July 14th: Hurling Phase 3 / Football Round 2 Qualifier Possible

RTÉ July 14th: All Ireland Senior Football Qualifier

Could be holding on to see the draw for the next round of the Hurling after this Saturday night's games.

ziggy90

Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2012, 10:34:59 AM
With the Connacht Minor final at 12 noon the following day I think ye can take it Ros V Tyrone will NOT be changed from the designated time.

Why not? A couple of hours won't make any difference. Anyway I only want it moved for selfish reasons ( don't think I'll make it for this one).  Btw I was at the Hyde on Sunday (had a blast) was the crowd really only 3,000?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

"Btw I was at the Hyde on Sunday (had a blast) was the crowd really only 3,000?"

Official was 3,7...something.
Stand was full and there was a good crew on the terrace plus the scattered few on the open seats and the ends.
I'd have thought 5,500 .
Maybe they only counted those paying in ignoring kids,and those who always seem to have a pass for anything in the Hyde.

ziggy90

Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2012, 01:45:26 PM
"Btw I was at the Hyde on Sunday (had a blast) was the crowd really only 3,000?"

Stand was full and there was a good crew on the terrace plus the scattered few on the open seats and the ends.
I'd have thought 5,500 .
Maybe they only counted those paying in ignoring kids,and those who always seem to have a pass for anything in the Hyde.

I was thinking more in the lines of 7,000 myself but I wouldn't be the best judge. To be fair I think the pricing was done ok EURO15 for the stand & EURO10 for terracing. How many Armagh fans were there? I was impressed with the amount of them who came down on what wasn't the best weekend of the year (weather wise).
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Rossfan

We had a poor enough turn out but what with the surrender v the Herrin chokers and the vibes emanating from GAA circles around the County ( Syf excepted  ;D ) it wasn't that surprising.
Armagh must have been around 35 -40 % of the crowd.
Prices were very reasonable alright and students were even able to get their €5 off for the stand which isnt usual.
Now if only the programme was as reasonable €3 for a poor poor effort.

ross4life

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 04, 2012, 02:02:45 PM

I'd have thought 5,500 .

I was thinking more in the lines of 7,000 myself but I wouldn't be the best judge. To be fair I think the pricing was done ok EURO15 for the stand & EURO10 for terracing. How many Armagh fans were there? I was impressed with the amount of them who came down on what wasn't the best weekend of the year (weather wise).

I don't think they count under 16s i'd say well over 4,500 but i thought a bigger crowd went to Tuam on Saturday night. On another note the same seating is going to cost extra €15 for the Connacht final it goes to show how over priced the provincial games are.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ross4life on July 04, 2012, 05:28:44 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on July 04, 2012, 02:02:45 PM

I'd have thought 5,500 .

I don't think they count under 16s i'd say well over 4,500 but i thought a bigger crowd went to Tuam on Saturday night. On another note the same seating is going to cost extra €15 for the Connacht final it goes to show how over priced the provincial games are.
So we're looking at €30 and €25 then for stand and terrace seats for the final. That might be okay for an individual but it would be a costly outing for a family group or the likes.
Right now, I don't notice any major excitement around Mayo and I don't think that's a reflection on Sligo but it's more down to the general economic times and the run of lousy weather we've been having. People in the county don't have the heart for football at the moment or so it would seem.

BTW, good luck against Tyrone. I think ye would need to up the performance a fair bit to beat them boyos. I think events in Mauritius are having a negative effect on the Tyrone side.
Poor Mickey must be under great pressure at the moment and the team seem to be off-pace as well. If they get their concentration back, they could be a hard side for any other to beat.
Still, the Rossies have more in the tank than recent games would suggest and I'd give ye a good chance of winning.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Aaron Boone

Remember the time when you were bate in your provincial championship then you were really bate.  End of.

I feel after the Donegal defeat that Tyrone just need to regroup for next year, a forward line of Steve O'Neill & Owen Mulligan owe nothing but signify the jaded nature and perhaps tactics.

I have little confidence re the match in Roscommon Town (Ros great bet at 3/1) and feel if we get over it then the train crash is around the corner.

We are on paper good enough for quarter finals but not good enough for the All-Ireland.  Tyrone have a brilliant record in being in the quarter-final - Down have been there once by comparison.

I just feel we need a long break guys,

ONeill

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 04, 2012, 06:56:35 PM

Poor Mickey must be under great pressure at the moment and the team seem to be off-pace as well. If they get their concentration back, they could be a hard side for any other to beat.

Really? I thought Tyrone showed more fight than in recent years v Donegal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yep, according to Pit Spillinne Donegal were light-years ahead of anything else in that god-forsaken black-hole of an emetically evocative province! We're not too far away in the application and fighting stakes (dar liom)!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

moysider

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 05, 2012, 11:28:26 PM
Yep, according to Pit Spillinne Donegal were light-years ahead of anything else in that god-forsaken black-hole of an emetically evocative province! We're not too far away in the application and fighting stakes (dar liom)!

Agree. I think Tyrone played a game that gave them a realistic chance v Donegal. From what I ve seen of Donegal I suspect a lot of teams would not get anywhere near as close as Tyrone did. And Tyrone were hardly full strength with Justin McMahon out and McGuigan hardly up to full speed. Not a lot wrong with Tyrone. The reality is they had a golden age and some players any county is lucky to see every second generation. You cant just replace a Dooher, Kavanagh or Canavan no matter how good structures are. But imo Tyrone are still a top side.

As for Spillane - it's unfortunate that he is factored in at all. Recently he has been calling Tyrone a team in transition (true - has to be done), and then says the team should have been broken up 2 years ago ( it was so obvious back then ::)) He also says that Tyrone were a great team at their best........... but hold on. When Tyrone were great he was calling them puke football and cynical and too defensive! The man s revisionism is a joke but he knows most saps are informed by his shite so its working for him. It s doing the games no service that a few tv pundits and a few journalists have such a big influence.

Syferus

I'd rate Tyrone as pretty much equal to Kerry, Kildare and Mayo at this point, which is a log-jam for 4th after Dublin, Cork and Donegal.

Ironic as it is, Tyrone and Kerry's life-cycles are syncing up almost perfectly, though I'd say Tyrone are in better shape overall going forward. Past Dublin and Cork there's not a huge fear factor from the rest of the teams down to the likes of ourselves, Wexford, Longford and Meath, the pack really seems to be narrowing the gap this year.

I think our game has the potential to be fantastic - the (mostly) old stagers, pockets weighted with medals, going to the home of an incredibly young team. Nevermind how good a contest it was last year, this game has huge significance for Tyrone's continued relevance and Roscommon's aspirations of breaking into the big time.

stew

I can see Tyrone hammering Roscommon by seven or eight points in this one, too much quality and the rossies met the most inept, toothless Armagh team in decades.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.