Roscommon v Tyrone AI Round 2 Qualifier

Started by Syferus, July 02, 2012, 08:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: stew on July 06, 2012, 12:55:47 AM
I can see Tyrone hammering Roscommon by seven or eight points in this one, too much quality and the rossies met the most inept, toothless Armagh team in decades.

That Tyrone only beat because of a soft sending off - our victory over them was significantly more comprehensive  :-*

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2012, 01:23:55 AM
Quote from: stew on July 06, 2012, 12:55:47 AM
I can see Tyrone hammering Roscommon by seven or eight points in this one, too much quality and the rossies met the most inept, toothless Armagh team in decades.

That Tyrone only beat because of a soft sending off - our victory over them was significantly more comprehensive  :-*

The sending off didn't give Tyrone the victory, if anything it galvanised Armagh.  Armagh would have been up for the Tyrone game a bit more that the qualifier, can't see anything other than a Tyrone win.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 04, 2012, 06:56:35 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 04, 2012, 05:28:44 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on July 04, 2012, 02:02:45 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2012, 01:45:26 PM
"Btw I was at the Hyde on Sunday (had a blast) was the crowd really only 3,000?"

Official was 3,7...something.
Stand was full and there was a good crew on the terrace plus the scattered few on the open seats and the ends.
I'd have thought 5,500 .
Maybe they only counted those paying in ignoring kids,and those who always seem to have a pass for anything in the Hyde.

I was thinking more in the lines of 7,000 myself but I wouldn't be the best judge. To be fair I think the pricing was done ok EURO15 for the stand & EURO10 for terracing. How many Armagh fans were there? I was impressed with the amount of them who came down on what wasn't the best weekend of the year (weather wise).

I don't think they count under 16s i'd say well over 4,500 but i thought a bigger crowd went to Tuam on Saturday night. On another note the same seating is going to cost extra €15 for the Connacht final it goes to show how over priced the provincial games are.
So we're looking at €30 and €25 then for stand and terrace seats for the final. That might be okay for an individual but it would be a costly outing for a family group or the likes.
Right now, I don't notice any major excitement around Mayo and I don't think that's a reflection on Sligo but it's more down to the general economic times and the run of lousy weather we've been having. People in the county don't have the heart for football at the moment or so it would seem.

BTW, good luck against Tyrone. I think ye would need to up the performance a fair bit to beat them boyos. I think events in Mauritius are having a negative effect on the Tyrone side.
Poor Mickey must be under great pressure at the moment and the team seem to be off-pace as well. If they get their concentration back, they could be a hard side for any other to beat.
Still, the Rossies have more in the tank than recent games would suggest and I'd give ye a good chance of winning.

I think when we see Tyrone playing a lot of us forget the personal situation Mickey Harte is in with the murder trial that has been going on for the past number of weeks.  As for Tyrone being off-pace, they looked good against Armagh and played a completely different game against Donegal and narrowly lost.  All this without their best forward from the league in Coney, Sean Cavanagh, Justy McMahon and the like of Ronan O'Neill who surely would have had a big role to play this year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggy90

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 06, 2012, 08:47:06 AM
"Btw I was at the Hyde on Sunday (had a blast) was the crowd really only 3,000?"

Stand was full and there was a good crew on the terrace plus the scattered few on the open seats and the ends.
I'd have thought 5,500 .
Maybe they only counted those paying in ignoring kids,and those who always seem to have a pass for anything in the Hyde.

I was thinking more in the lines of 7,000 myself but I wouldn't be the best judge. To be fair I think the pricing was done ok EURO15 for the stand & EURO10 for terracing. How many Armagh fans were there? I was impressed with the amount of them who came down on what wasn't the best weekend of the year (weather wise).

I don't think they count under 16s i'd say well over 4,500 but i thought a bigger crowd went to Tuam on Saturday night. On another note the same seating is going to cost extra €15 for the Connacht final it goes to show how over priced the provincial games are.
So we're looking at €30 and €25 then for stand and terrace seats for the final. That might be okay for an individual but it would be a costly outing for a family group or the likes.
Right now, I don't notice any major excitement around Mayo and I don't think that's a reflection on Sligo but it's more down to the general economic times and the run of lousy weather we've been having. People in the county don't have the heart for football at the moment or so it would seem.

BTW, good luck against Tyrone. I think ye would need to up the performance a fair bit to beat them boyos. I think events in Mauritius are having a negative effect on the Tyrone side.
Poor Mickey must be under great pressure at the moment and the team seem to be off-pace as well. If they get their concentration back, they could be a hard side for any other to beat.
Still, the Rossies have more in the tank than recent games would suggest and I'd give ye a good chance of winning.

I think when we see Tyrone playing a lot of us forget the personal situation Mickey Harte is in with the murder trial that has been going on for the past number of weeks.  As for Tyrone being off-pace, they looked good against Armagh and played a completely different game against Donegal and narrowly lost.  All this without their best forward from the league in Coney, Sean Cavanagh, Justy McMahon and the like of Ronan O'Neill who surely would have had a big role to play this year.

I'm sure all our thoughts are with the Harte & McAreavey families at this dreadful and distressing time.

Are the above out for the whole of the Championship? If so, it sounds to me as if you're getting your excuses in early. Why?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

omagh_gael

Cavanagh, O'Neill and Coney out for the championship. Justy is short term although probably won't make the Ross game. Far too much poor mouthing going on round here. Tyrone to win by at least 5!

God14

I thought there was a possibility that Coney would be back soon?

At the time of the injury it was reported he was out for the season, but the word i kept hearing was that if we made the 1/4 finals he'd be fit & available. Not so sure how valid this is at this stage..

ziggy90

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 06, 2012, 10:45:11 AM
Cavanagh, O'Neill and Coney out for the championship. Justy is short term although probably won't make the Ross game. Far too much poor mouthing going on round here. Tyrone to win by at least 5!

At last, a bit of honesty. Although I think, and hope, especially with home advantage, Ros will stir things up.

omagh_gael

Hadn't heard that God14. Would be great news if we were still about. Although i'm confident of a win it all depends on that old cliche of what Ross/Tyrone team show up on the day. With such a marked difference in your performance versus Galway then Armagh, prediction becomes a tricky task.

Fuzzman

Whilst I too expect it to be a much more attacking game like the Tyrone v Armagh game I still can see Tyrone pull away in the final 15 mins.
You never know of course but I think we've STILL got too much talent throught-out the team to beat someone like Roscommon
Not so sure though can the same be said for Dublin & Cork but we may improve

nrico2006

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 06, 2012, 10:19:35 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 06, 2012, 08:47:06 AM

I'd have thought 5,500 .

I'm sure all our thoughts are with the Harte & McAreavey families at this dreadful and distressing time.

Are the above out for the whole of the Championship? If so, it sounds to me as if you're getting your excuses in early. Why?

Not getting excuses in, just frustrated the past 2 months at the loss of kep players and in particular the two younger boys who really have the potential to give Tyrone a bit of the x factor up front again.  Just have to wait to next season.  As for the game tomorrow, if we are beat then I'm sure Roscommon deserve it.  Seem to be a good honest team and I like the way they carry themselves on the pitch.  I just can't see Tyrone winning anything this year due to the absentees, I would have been confident that a full strength team could have competed with Dublin/Cork and beat Donegal.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

EC Unique

To be honest the so called ''cute hoorism'' is a bit silly. I would doubt very much what is written on here is even read by many players/managers never mind have any influence on their opinions.

Speak your minds people. Tyrone are far too good and will win by at least 5 without getting into top gear. ;)

omagh_gael

Feck ye anyway Fear, we could have had another Fearon moment there!

ziggy90

Just had a quick look at the PP website and it's saying the match is televised. Does anyone know which channel it's on?