EURO 2012

Started by CCCP1, April 26, 2012, 07:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 14, 2012, 08:14:47 PM
should been booting like fucj from the word go, go out on your shield and not with a wimper, had this been a rugby game the firast 10mins be the getting to know u stage, they need to man up abit the bus is parked 20m out from goal and spain is just passing round and through them

Ireland's defence is more like a guard of honour.

omagh_gael

From RTE sport:

Spain build from the back again. They've completed 255 passes compared to Ireland's 22. Says a lot really.

Yikes!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 14, 2012, 08:17:31 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 14, 2012, 08:14:47 PM
should been booting like fucj from the word go, go out on your shield and not with a wimper, had this been a rugby game the firast 10mins be the getting to know u stage, they need to man up abit the bus is parked 20m out from goal and spain is just passing round and through them

Ireland's defence is more like a guard of honour.

Nowhere near fit enough to carry out any tactic other than let them have the ball and hope that they give you a corner!!. Annoys the fook out of me that 'professional' players that are selected for their country are not equally fit than the other team (within reason)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

balladmaker

Embarrassing would be the word of choice at half time, the gulf between the two teams is enormous.

Celt_Man

Where would you start making changes....

Keane off and Long on - put Cox up front and let Long run around...

Its a miracle it's only one nil
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Captain Obvious

Most of the Irish legs are gone after 45 minutes of football. Spain can win by 2,3 or 4-0 however they seem happy to just pass the ball.

Harold Disgracey

Nothing short of a miracle we're only one down at half time. Spain look at times as if they've 15 on the field. As Jimmy Magee would say different class.

CorkMan

None of the Irish players bar McGeady are fast enough to take on the Spanish defense. Weshould get Duff off and bring on McLean. We need someone to run at them.

laoislad

Quote from: CorkMan on June 14, 2012, 08:40:34 PM
None of the Irish players bar McGeady are fast enough to take on the Spanish defense. Weshould get Duff off and bring on McLean. We need someone to run at them.
Throw on Hunt too and as you said let them run at them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: CorkMan on June 14, 2012, 08:40:34 PM

aye, so is Usain bolt, but i bet he crosses the ball aswell as McGeady !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Captain Obvious

Irish defending again  :o

All of a Sludden

Ireland are playing against the best team in the world. Do we expect anything else?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: All of a Sludden on June 14, 2012, 08:52:23 PM
Ireland are playing against the best team in the world. Do we expect anything else?

If your playing the best it helps not to defend poorly like Ireland have tonight.

Hound

All the talk about changes in midfield and attack, its the defence that's been awful in both games.

Dunne has always been brilliant for Ireland, but he's brought his club form to this tournament. St Ledger is just a championship player doing his best. Ward is plain useless. Given has had a total mare of a tournament.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Hound on June 14, 2012, 08:54:34 PM
Given has had a total mare of a tournament.

It could be 5 or 6 if not for Given.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.