EURO 2012

Started by CCCP1, April 26, 2012, 07:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 01, 2012, 09:25:39 PM
spain now have to be regarded as 1 of the best teams ever. 3 tournament victories in a row. italy chasing shadows all night.
Thought Italy played ok until they went down to 10 men. Spain saved their best to the final though, some achievement winning 3 tournamnnts in a row. 7 players played in all 3 finals.

What odds 4 in a row in Brazil 2014?

AQMP

I have to admit I was falling into the "Spain are boring" camp but their first half was simply brilliant.  Italy were bate 4-0 but played quite well...says it all.  Iniesta is a sensational footballer.  Alba was one of the players of the tournament.

BTW is Dunphy the last man in Europe who is unaware that the Spanish national anthem doesn't have words??

Declan

Fantastic performance by a really great team - first two goals absolutely stunning. Boring my arse

nifan

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2012, 09:45:13 PM
According to BBC it's because he has an assist, same as Gomez, but he did it in less time on the pitch. Seems a bit iffy.

Mueller won it in the last WC for the same reason I think.

highorlow

Did anyone notice Dunphy making an idiot of himself when talking about how the Barca and Madrid players now get along and this is the reason they are playing so good. That the Catalans are now embracing the rest of Spain and its shown up in their football. He went on to say how noticeable it was that none of the players opted to sing the national anthem which reinforced his genius insight and the great philosopher he is.

Well Eamo the Spanish Anthem doesn't have any words. I got the feeling Billo knew that last night but didn't have the heart to correct him.

p.s. It was my favorite moment of the tournament. Now on with real games. GAA.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Applesisapples

Can't wait to see Alba lineout with Barca.

ballinaman

Quote from: highorlow on July 02, 2012, 10:10:11 AM
Did anyone notice Dunphy making an idiot of himself when talking about how the Barca and Madrid players now get along and this is the reason they are playing so good. That the Catalans are now embracing the rest of Spain and its shown up in their football. He went on to say how noticeable it was that none of the players opted to sing the national anthem which reinforced his genius insight and the great philosopher he is.

Well Eamo the Spanish Anthem doesn't have any words. I got the feeling Billo knew that last night but didn't have the heart to correct him.

p.s. It was my favorite moment of the tournament. Now on with real games. GAA.

Agree. It was hilarious....

well worth a watch if anyone missed it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXfGAlc4i4w&feature=player_embedded

Norf Tyrone

Player of the tournament?

Jordi Alba for me. I thought he was pure class, and if I am honest I hadn't heard of him before this!

Another bright point in the tournament was the refereeing. Very little controversy bar perhaps the Ukraine 'goal'.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

laoislad

Another medal for Mr.Terry

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

keeping an eye on things

Evening all, was just wondering if anyone had bets on top goalscorer for the tournament.  I had Gomez but Paddy Power are only paying 1/6 of the odds as it was a tie, is this right?!  Are all firms doing this?!

Capt Pat

If the bet said golden boot Torres got that award because he was on the field for less time.