EURO 2012

Started by CCCP1, April 26, 2012, 07:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCCP1

Anyone on here heading over to the Euro's? Myself and 8 buddies are heading over for 7 days. The plan is tospend 2 days in Gdansk, 3 in Poznan and the final 2 in Kracow where we fly home from. Bit of a headache booking accomodation etc at the minute. Looking for something relatively cheap (nasty is acceptable) but hoping to get it in and around central areas. Anyone else have anything booked or any good suggestions? Might be a good idea to brainstorm. Apologies if a thread already exists.

Whitehair

Heading out from 6-20th, core group of 4 of us who have ticket for the Croatia and Italy games(tickets through the portal) but meeting other fellas out there too. We're going to Warsaw for 2 nights for the Opening Ceremony then we're currently in discussions about taking rooms in a house in Pozan for 10 days. We hope though to go up to Gdansk for 3 nights or so for the Spain match. Can't wait!

Tony Baloney

Rio and Crouch dropped. Rio has slowed down a lot but would have had him over Terry.

Hardy

Quote from: CCCP1 on April 26, 2012, 07:29:31 PM
Anyone on here heading over to the Euro's? Myself and 8 buddies are heading over for 7 days. The plan is tospend 2 days in Gdansk, 3 in Poznan and the final 2 in Kracow where we fly home from.

Funnily enough, that's Trapattoni's plan as well.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2012, 11:15:24 PM
Rio and Crouch dropped. Rio has slowed down a lot but would have had him over Terry.
Anton Ferdinand racism claim has cost his brother a place on the squad.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 15, 2012, 11:25:23 PM
Fergie basically said the other day that he wouldnt take him as he wouldnt be fit for ir. Protecting his investmemt by keeping the miles of his legs over the summer.

ross4life

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 16, 2012, 12:08:09 AM
Fergie basically said the other day that he wouldnt take him as he wouldnt be fit for ir. Protecting his investmemt by keeping the miles of his legs over the summer.
Rio is injury prone & should have retired from international football years ago.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Declan

QuoteFunnily enough, that's Trapattoni's plan as well.

Hardy's annual contribution to a soccer thread ;) ;)

Billys Boots

Quote from: Declan on May 16, 2012, 08:41:27 AM
QuoteFunnily enough, that's Trapattoni's plan as well.

Hardy's annual contribution to a soccer thread ;) ;)

We'll see - I'm sure frustration will draw him back in the coming weeks.  :D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thewobbler

Quote from: ross4life on May 16, 2012, 12:24:18 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 16, 2012, 12:08:09 AM
Rio is injury prone & should have retired from international football years ago.

If that's the case then Damien Duff should have quit many years before that, while the likes of Dunne, O Shea, Hunt and Doyle might think long and hard before going to Poland. Or is it different for players from a small country?

AQMP

England Squad:

Goalkeepers: Robert Green (West Ham United), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City)

Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton)

Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

Standby: Butland (who??), Jagielka, Henderson, Johnson, Sturridge

Amazingly four Liverpool players in the squad ;)  That doesn't look like a squad to me that would strike much fear into Spain, Germany etc??

laoislad

Is Adam Johnson injured? I would have thought he would be better than Downing.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AQMP

Quote from: laoislad on May 16, 2012, 01:18:17 PM
Is Adam Johnson injured? I would have thought he would be better than Downing.

Agree, but he wasn't even on the bench for the QPR game?

gawa316

No Richards either

ballinaman

Quote from: AQMP on May 16, 2012, 01:12:25 PM
England Squad:

Goalkeepers: Robert Green (West Ham United), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City)

Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton)

Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

Standby: Butland (who??), Jagielka, Henderson, Johnson, Sturridge

Amazingly four Liverpool players in the squad ;)  That doesn't look like a squad to me that would strike much fear into Spain, Germany etc??

Going to Throw a few bob on France and Sweden to get out of that group. How is Milner in that sqaud!