EURO 2012

Started by CCCP1, April 26, 2012, 07:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Hoof Hearted

she isnt in that picture ? i would have put money on that !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 11, 2012, 09:07:58 PM
Shevchenko still a super player.

But he is no Seanie Johnston!!

Sorry I couldn't resist!! :P :P
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Tony Baloney

EC Unique

Stevie G " we will be braver on the ball on Friday. All due respect to Sweden but they are not France."

Please let Sweden beat them. Cocks.

mylestheslasher

True Celtman. A super player who stuck with his unfashionable team and got some reward for his loyalty tonight. He should be an inspiration to any young sportsman. I'm not talking about a certain ex cavanman of course.

Armaghgeddon

The swedish girld should provide a distraction for John Terry...

moysider

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 11, 2012, 09:56:47 PM
Any of these?

The girl second from the right is a goddess.

The football so far has been very good. Way better than the last world cup early rounds (often the case with Europeans). Unfortunately the only team that looked off the pace was ourselves and the Czechs.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

cant believe mc clean isnt going to get a run out

Orangemac

Trap will probably change the team for the Spain game, Cox for Doyle ::)

He should but won't play 5 in midfield Gibson in and Long up front on his own. Park the bus and look to hit on the break with McClean coming on for the last half hour.

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 11, 2012, 04:19:33 PM
You're a gas man. I think you need to look at the incident again :D I've no issue with anything you're saying about Duff and his 'judo falls'. What I'm saying is that he is a diver, and has been for a while. And last night was one of the worst.
Actually Duff was the only player I'd single out for commendation in that game on Sunday (St Ledger perhaps also). Duff constantly showed up to receive the ball, got crap service from O'Shea throughout all the game. Duff demonstrated  he had the 'moral courage'  throughout the game.
With that in mind  and considering that Duff imo has been our best player in the EC qualifiers, our best player overall since 2001, as well as the best in underage internationals before 2001 and our only player who has made the WC player of the tournament in his position at u20 and senior level. Id say it was patently ridiculous to single out Duff in your first line as a source for your embarrasment. It sounds like you haven't a clue about the Irish team over the past 12 years and very little perspective about Duff in an Ireland shirt and have no clue about that Duff "dive".

AZOffaly

I agree Duff was one of the few positives on Sunday in general, although his game has certainly changed since his injuries and he is more circumspect about actually taking on defenders now, he tends to try and move into position, as you say, instead of getting it anywhere and just slaloming through. I have great time for Duff in general, I think he's been one of Ireland's best players over the last 10 years, by a mile, along with the likes of Given, Dunne and Keane the younger.

I think, however, you underestimate my ability to see a game and an incident on its merits without being blinded by loyalty to a particular player. I am conversant with the rules of the game, having played it for many years, and I am also familiar with the concept of exaggerating contact as opposed to outright diving.

I would say that while I am a definite fan of Duffer, I still believe that he has a serious tendency to go down at the slightest excuse, probably because he doesn;t have that pace to get away from tacklers any more. I also believe that the incident I am talking about on Sunday was a clear dive.

So while you might think I'm talking through my hoop, and haven't a clue about soccer, I'm happy enough in my own perspective and while I would never say that you 'haven't a clue' I think you are allowing loyalty to Duff blind you to the reality of this flaw in his game, and to be honest I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

No biggie though, we won't fall out over it. We both want them to win, and if Duff scores the winner against Spain I'll cheer him as I've done often times before.

deiseach

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 11, 2012, 08:21:56 PM
Lethal tournament so far..............................for fanny that is ! Football has been poor but some of the things in the crowd are lethal !

screenexile

Trap has basically said today that he won't give McClean a run out when the pressure is on because he is too young. FFS!! If he thinks that then what in God's name is he doing over there? What possible reason is there to take him.

Is it solely because of the media backlash he would have received?

I think McClean is probably the Irish player who has had the best season of all of them. He should be playing an important role and dropping McGeady would have the added bonus of giving him a kick up the hole as well!

Cold tea

Some craic if he is married!!