EURO 2012

Started by CCCP1, April 26, 2012, 07:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I'm probably going to be accused of being unpatriotic or some other rubbish but I've no appetite to watch this tonight and if I'm honest (bar the Croatia game) that has been the case for a long time with this team. There are lads on that team that don't deserve to be in the squad. Trapp has had a fantastic career in the game but the team picked tonight is nothing short of an insult in my opinion. We have better players but the whole theory was Trapps system prevented shitty goals and we were sacrificing flair for solidity. Well in the end we got neither, in buckets, so what does he do - sticks with the completely failed plan. It's not good enough.

Gazzler

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 18, 2012, 05:08:43 PM
I'm probably going to be accused of being unpatriotic or some other rubbish but I've no appetite to watch this tonight and if I'm honest (bar the Croatia game) that has been the case for a long time with this team. There are lads on that team that don't deserve to be in the squad. Trapp has had a fantastic career in the game but the team picked tonight is nothing short of an insult in my opinion. We have better players but the whole theory was Trapps system prevented shitty goals and we were sacrificing flair for solidity. Well in the end we got neither, in buckets, so what does he do - sticks with the completely failed plan. It's not good enough.
#unpatriotic

CorkMan

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2012, 09:23:24 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on June 17, 2012, 10:37:58 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on June 17, 2012, 09:41:28 PM
Houghton kept calling Ger Canning Geoff.
Imagine somebody getting Ger's name wrong...he has made a career out of it.

Ger also said the entire Dutch 'Full Back Line' was in trouble :)

Ronaldo was causing chaos from corner forward.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Gazzler on June 18, 2012, 05:11:59 PM
#unpatriotic

#predictable

EC Unique

Pity the ignore function does not work when people are quoted. :-\

screenexile

Here can we watch the Free State match in the occupied 6 this evening? The Beeb seem to be showing the Spanish game.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: screenexile on June 18, 2012, 05:38:34 PM
Here can we watch the Free State match in the occupied 6 this evening? The Beeb seem to be showing the Spanish game.

Hopefully not(watch it I mean, love watching Spain play)

Bingo

BBC3 showing it.

But the other match will be worth watching i reckon, bit of flicking I'm guessing.

Forever Green

I think we will win tonight. 2-1, Keane and McGeady with the goals

Spain-Croatia should be a good game.but Spain will come through by a couple I think

Still going with France for the overall win

tyssam5

Same here, but the time difference means it is in the middle of my day, so it might get a look ahead of work.

laoislad

Was at all the home qualifiers, had nearly whole top deck of the Aviva to myself at one of them! Then the bandwagoners starting jumping aboard once we were in with a shout of qualifying.
This is our last game of a long campaign so I'll be watching it all.
Think we may get a draw tonight.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Balotelli dropped for Antonio Di Natale a good decision by Italy. One team playing for pride the other for points.

laoislad

Irish fans doing the Poznan.. Roy Keane won't be happy.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Poor defending gives away another goal.

Capt Pat

We held out for 35 minutes this time. There has been a nig improvement over the first two games when we didn't look switched on at all