EURO 2012

Started by CCCP1, April 26, 2012, 07:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazzler

Holland end with zero points.
We get a point tomorrow night and we won't be the worst team at the tournament  ;)

CorkMan

Houghton kept calling Ger Canning Geoff.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Gazzler on June 17, 2012, 09:38:04 PM
We get a point tomorrow night and we won't be the worst team at the tournament  ;)

Forget this 'Worst team' rubbish! Jez, Nobody cares about the teams going home, Nobody that is but their own fans.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 17, 2012, 10:11:03 PM
Quote from: Gazzler on June 17, 2012, 09:38:04 PM

Forget this 'Worst team' rubbish! Jez, Nobody cares about the teams going home, Nobody that is but their own fans.
One's that had money on the Dutch to win the tournament cares.

5 Sams

Quote from: CorkMan on June 17, 2012, 09:41:28 PM
Imagine somebody getting Ger's name wrong...he has made a career out of it.
The Aristocrat Years

johnneycool

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 17, 2012, 10:37:58 PM

The Dutch put out a team including Van Persie, Huntelaar, robben, Sneider and Van derVart and wonder how the Portugese ran right through the middle of them at will almost. Van Bommel has been pretty shite, but there must have been another holding midfielder on the squad, surely!

Now there was a manager playing to the crowd and made a balls of it.

I can see the portugese improving as they go along, only concerns would be Postiga being their best out and out striker and the keeper.

AZOffaly

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 17, 2012, 10:37:58 PM

Ger also said the entire Dutch 'Full Back Line' was in trouble :)

Billys Boots

And Stekelenburg, apparently, was playing in nets for both teams last night.   ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Applesisapples

Ger is a dose, the only benefit of him being at the Euro's was the commentary on the Clare Waterford game by Darragh Maloney who was excellent.

deiseach

Glad you caught that, I thought I was going mad(der) there

AQMP

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 18, 2012, 09:55:08 AM
And Stekelenburg, apparently, was playing in nets for both teams last night.   ::)

Dutch egos gone mad!

AQMP

For showing his Paddy Power boxers Nicklas Bendtner has been banned for one game and fined €100,000!!

Gazzler

Quote from: AQMP on June 18, 2012, 02:20:00 PM
For showing his Paddy Power boxers Nicklas Bendtner has been banned for one game and fined €100,000!!
Wonder will Paddy pay the fine for him?

Bingo

Whats going to be annoying tonight is that for the last 10 minutes there will be another airing of Fields of Athenry, trying to recreate the other night.

It will be forced and half hearted, particularly if Ireland are getting beat (likely).

I enjoyed the other night when it was done, it was out of the blue and I read a great piece on it yesterday somewhere from someone who was there and he said the emotion of the occassion there was immense. That people did it for their own reasons, it was raw, it was an escape for alot of people and the reality that many will have to face when the party stops, it was defiance and it had little to do with football for some. It was a very good read, must try to find it.

Anyways, I hope its left like that and isn't rolled out for every game.

Ireland 2 Italy 37. Trap hatrick for Italy in second half.

http://www.balls.ie/2012/06/16/struggling-draw-conclusions/
here was that article

Another good wee post on the emotions of fans

http://www.balls.ie/2012/06/16/strangely-moving-two-irish-fans-share-emotional-hug-after-spain-match/

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on June 18, 2012, 03:25:31 PM
Whats going to be annoying tonight is that for the last 10 minutes there will be another airing of Fields of Athenry, trying to recreate the other night.

It will be forced and half hearted, particularly if Ireland are getting beat (likely).

I know what you mean. For a couple of years after Istanbul YNWA got flogged to death at half-time in games when Liverpool were in trouble - which was often. It got old very fast.