EURO 2012

Started by CCCP1, April 26, 2012, 07:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Starting to sound like a muck savage :P

Capt Pat

I think we got a bit of a going over from the officials. There are three of them after all. How can all six have missed the peno and the foul bef?re the goal.

INDIANA

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 10, 2012, 10:50:19 PM
I think we got a bit of a going over from the officials. There are three of them after all. How can all six have missed the peno and the foul bef?re the goal.

basic requirement is to be able to pass the ball.

We have no business at this level.

One of Italy or Spain will give us a hell of a going over.

He had the opportunity to bring players who can pass the ball

He left them at home

C'est la vie

Gazzler

Quote from: INDIANA on June 10, 2012, 10:59:07 PM

We have no business at this level.

BULLSHIT.We qualified the same as everyone else and have much right to be there as anyone.

Quote from: INDIANA on June 10, 2012, 10:59:07 PM

He had the opportunity to bring players who can pass the ball

He left them at home

Who?

thewobbler

I'm with Gazzler here.

There is no 11 Irish players at present within 30 lengths of Croatia, Italy or Spain in terms of technique.

Trap has set us up to be difficult to beat and until this evening has been very good at doing so.

There's a genuine detachment from reality with so many fans. Yeah I'd rather Ireland played like Barcelona - but we can't and we won't, and we'd be ranked lower than NI if we tried.

INDIANA

Quote from: thewobbler on June 10, 2012, 11:07:11 PM
I'm with Gazzler here.

There is no 11 Irish players at present within 30 lengths of Croatia, Italy or Spain in terms of technique.

Trap has set us up to be difficult to beat and until this evening has been very good at doing so.

There's a genuine detachment from reality with so many fans. Yeah I'd rather Ireland played like Barcelona - but we can't and we won't, and we'd be ranked lower than NI if we tried.

Coleman, Mc Carthy, Mc Clean and Hoolohan play regular premier league football.

The likes of St Ledger dont start for Leicester.

Croatia are not a great side. Italy and Spain are way out of our league. But this crap circulating that we cant play better football then that morass tonight is pure rubbish.

If we're going to lose anyway. Lets do it at least trying to play the game. You couldnt give some of our players away to the other nations because nobody would want them.

Gazzler

Coleman has had a poor season and was injured for most it anyway so I dunno what he would have brought to the table that would have made a difference.
McCarthy opted out of the squad because his Dad is sick so why even mention him??
McClean was on the bench and should have been brought on but he wasn't left at home so what are you on about??
Would Hoolohan really have made any difference tonight?

laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on June 10, 2012, 10:07:00 PM
We got what we deserved, nothing but the 2nd,3rd goals were conceded at killer times.

We need to win or draw the next game to put a smile on her face.

Is this the same bird? http://www.sportsfile.com/id/635479/
Same green thing in her hair and same shamrock thingy on her face.
She's from Knocklyon in South  Dublin so I guess I wasn't that far off...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

dillinger

Quote from: Gazzler on June 10, 2012, 09:38:46 PM
Funny that it's the Nordies saying the team should just fly home now.
Go and fcuk and support your own six county team...
Some of us Nordies even support the Republic when us Nordies don't make it. A draw and a win against Italy, can be done.

INDIANA

Quote from: dillinger on June 10, 2012, 11:36:22 PM
Quote from: Gazzler on June 10, 2012, 09:38:46 PM
Funny that it's the Nordies saying the team should just fly home now.
Go and fcuk and support your own six county team...
Some of us Nordies even support the Republic when us Nordies don't make it. A draw and a win against Italy, can be done.

cant be done because we are minus two goal difference. We have to win both games now barring croatia winning all 3 games

Gazzler

Quote from: INDIANA on June 10, 2012, 11:37:02 PM
Quote from: Gazzler on June 10, 2012, 11:25:04 PM
Coleman has had a poor season and was injured for most it anyway so I dunno what he would have brought to the table that would have made a difference.
McCarthy opted out of the squad because his Dad is sick so why even mention him??
McClean was on the bench and should have been brought on but he wasn't left at home so what are you on about??

Mc Carthy wasnt going anyway

Mc Clean may as well have been at home.

Coleman is a lot better then Ward for example.

Hoolahan plays a decent standard week in week out. Cox cant get his game for West Brom.

We've been playing pure mule football against the minnows of Europe and scraped through. We've never beaten a team ranked higher then us playing this shite football under Trap. So if we're going to lose anyway can we not at least try and string 3-4 passes together.

We proved in Paris two years ago in the second leg we can play football if we're let. We havent played any since.

Are you Eammon Dunphy?

INDIANA

Quote from: Gazzler on June 10, 2012, 11:42:18 PM

Hoolahan plays a decent standard week in week out. Cox cant get his game for West Brom.

We've been playing pure mule football against the minnows of Europe and scraped through. We've never beaten a team ranked higher then us playing this shite football under Trap. So if we're going to lose anyway can we not at least try and string 3-4 passes together.

We proved in Paris two years ago in the second leg we can play football if we're let. We havent played any since.

Are you Eammon Dunphy?

Its called stating the bleeding obvious.

This system doesnt work and spain will put 6 past us on thursday if we keep giving them the ball.

trileacman

Quote from: INDIANA on June 10, 2012, 11:48:58 PM

Are you Eammon Dunphy?

This system doesnt work and spain will put 6 past us on thursday if we keep giving them the ball.

I wouldn't waste your time arguing with this gobshite Gazzler, there's always some f**king wunderkid we left at home who would have changed everything for us and won the matches we lost; Andy Reid, Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland, Stephen Reid.

McCarthy opts out because his father is seriously ill but seemingly that doesn't put him out of reach of the mob, using him as a weapon against the management, how depraved can you get?

The great Irish myth, "we can pass our way against the top teams". This is the solution despite Indiana being completely unable to name one better central mid, the engine room of any passing team.

Hurlers on the f**king ditch.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

INDIANA

Quote from: trileacman on June 11, 2012, 12:09:17 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 10, 2012, 11:48:58 PM

Are you Eammon Dunphy?

I wouldn't waste your time arguing with this gobshite Gazzler, there's always some f**king wunderkid we left at home who would have changed everything for us and won the matches we lost; Andy Reid, Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland, Stephen Reid.

McCarthy opts out because his father is seriously ill but seemingly that doesn't put him out of reach of the mob, using him as a weapon against the management, how depraved can you get?

The great Irish myth, "we can pass our way against the top teams". This is the solution despite Indiana being completely unable to name one better central mid, the engine room of any passing team.

Hurlers on the f**king ditch.

I resent the accusation I'm using Mc Carthy for anything except that when Trap has had the opportunity to use him he never did. That's entirely legitimate to say.

That was awful stuff to watch tonight and thats my democratic right to say so. As someone who has spent money going abroad to watch them play a hell of a lot more then you have - some hurler on the ditch you f**king dipstick.

If you want to start throwing around accusations - put your real name to it. I've deleted the original post in case some tool like you would also take it out of context.

belleaqua

It's difficult to deal with a world class manager on a keyboard I tell ya. The guy that always seems to pick up on the populist media/Eamon Dunphy lovechild. The type  who read a sensationalist Sunday rag and ask why isn't Trappatoni watching matches in England?? Why isn't Andy starting? How could ya leave out Seamus?? James McLean is world class, Wes is ten times the player of Glen??

I know the man is no saint and gets things wrong but some of the criticism is ridiculous. Agreed I was at a loss for the Cox substitution. I didn't get it. But maybe overall you let the guy who is Serie A's most successful coach decide? The thing that gets me is these 'knowledgeable people' asserting that he is not aware of the talent on offer?? 'He doesn't know the players, he doesn't watch them, etc'. Does it strike the unhappy ones that the only manager to have won every UEFA club competition may have looked at all the options before he took the job?? Would he have looked at it and gone yes they can play superbly and win but I will be negative and pick lesser players?? Do you really actually think that one of Europe's most successful coaches who could have plenty of jobs took this on a whim without researching it?? Maybe the Sun told ya so.

Imagine this scenario for a minute. Trapp selects McLean/Reid on the left. He plays Hoolahan in the Modric position. We get beat 3-1. Dunphy is on laughing: Hoolahan is no Modric, we didn't close them down. Reid doesn't work hard enough. We should have contained them because that is the only way we can be successful with the players we have. Or else the 'experts' will tell us instead we would have dominated possession and therefore that wouldn't be a factor.......rubbish! The fact is we wouldn't have lost 3-1 in that scenario because we wouldn't be in this competition tonight.

That's the harsh reality but don't let that fool anyone. In fact the only time we played 'good football' and qualified was arguably under McCarthy but don't let that get in the way.