Mayo V Kerry- 8/4/12

Started by Sam2011, April 05, 2012, 02:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Great work by Donaghy to win that 45. I was sure Sheehan would nail it.

Hard luck Kerry. We have to be happy with that lads. Cafferkey good again and the emergence of Keane and Keegan a massive boost. Boyle s return is some addition. His f**king ambition and hunger is infectious and he s technically brilliant.

Dont Matter

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 15, 2012, 04:12:57 PM
Sheehan bottles it when it matters, O'Connor nailed his when it mattered in normal time - what a great win in Croker, under pressure all the way through and with a patched up midfield, brilliant stuff!

In fairness I think O'Connor would have had more difficulty if 3 Kerry players were running at him not more than 5 yards away.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 15, 2012, 04:12:57 PM
Sheehan bottles it when it matters, O'Connor nailed his when it mattered in normal time - what a great win in Croker, under pressure all the way through and with a patched up midfield, brilliant stuff!

A Mayo fan talking about bottling it?  ::)
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

From the Bunker

Hard to believe, but Kerry have become the Bottlers, that's a few in a row now.
The auld legs are begining to tell, will be hard for them to face Championship, as they know they are on the slide and that the two renowned bottlers of the game Dublin and Mayo have came back for being 4/5 points down with a few minutes left to beat them.

moysider

I d go handy talking about anybody bottling anythin. Look at the calendar. We played well for long periods of the match and tried hard for all of it. We got a few breaks that we haven t got sometimes and we got away with a couple of lads contributing little. Kerry had a chance to draw the game and missed - that s all. They could easily have won that game. It was not conclusive. They won t be too bothered.

It s a step in the right direction but we ll have it all to do again the next day, There s a lot of football to be played yet.

I wouldn t be surprised if that s not Harte gone again, From here it looked like a broken foot bone. Metatarsal ?

Jinxy

Boyle is a great little player.
Subs in general did well for Mayo.
They're just missing a Ciaran Mc style 'go to' man in the forward line.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on April 15, 2012, 04:24:43 PM

I d go handy talking about anybody bottling anythin. Look at the calendar. We played well for long periods of the match and tried hard for all of it. We got a few breaks that we haven t got sometimes and we got away with a couple of lads contributing little. Kerry had a chance to draw the game and missed - that s all. They could easily have won that game. It was not conclusive. They won t be too bothered.

It s a step in the right direction but we ll have it all to do again the next day, There s a lot of football to be played yet.

I wouldn t be surprised if that s not Harte gone again, From here it looked like a broken foot bone. Metatarsal ?

You have to call a spade a spade, Kerry's last two outings in Croker should have been won. If you do not win a game you should win then that is bottling it!

Kerry have taken the plaudits for being a great side for the ends and outs of a decade. But when you have bad days you have to take the critisism.

sans pessimism

I bet cynical Kerry are sorry now that they
went down as if they'd been shot everytime
they were fouled in the last 10mins of
normal time!!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

maigheo

A good morale boosting win for Mayo today and will soon be forgotten about come july.The mayo defense played very well in particular Boyle who was m.o.m , and Caff who seemed to do much better on the Gooch than Higgins and Kevin Keane who was very solid.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 15, 2012, 04:31:47 PM

You have to call a spade a spade, Kerry's last two outings in Croker should have been won. If you do not win a game you should win then that is bottling it!

Kerry have taken the plaudits for being a great side for the ends and outs of a decade. But when you have bad days you have to take the critisism.

Maybe, but I d be more comfortable if it wasn t us doin the criticising, thats all. these things have a habit of coming back to kick ye in the bollicks later.

We ve won a league semi - and the team is coming along nicely but we still have issues. I prefer to focus about us and let Kerry worryabout any problems they may have. They were missing Tomás, Tom O Sullivan, Scanlon and Declan O Sullivan. And when have Kerry ever taken anything serious before an AI semi final? And they didn t bottle it against Dublin. The ref was the bottler that day.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on April 15, 2012, 04:27:37 PM
Boyle is a great little player.
Subs in general did well for Mayo.
They're just missing a Ciaran Mc style 'go to' man in the forward line.

I m starting the campaign here and now to bring him back ;D He s still younger than Geraghty was when he retired the first time.

Is it just me or is the second game a lot, I dunno... slower. Laverty was doin well. Big loss.

seafoid

Nice to see mayo winning in Croke Park. Maybe it is 'only the league'
but I'm sure the meathies would swap places.  :)

FL/MAYO

Great Mayo performance to come back from 5 points down in normal time and 3 points down in extra time to win the game. It was the first time to have seen them play this year, I was very impressed with the new backs that have come in, Colm Boyle and Keane played well down that right wing and Keegan was very good also. The back line has a bit of bite in it which is great to see.

INDIANA

Quote from: moysider on April 15, 2012, 05:00:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 15, 2012, 04:31:47 PM

Maybe, but I d be more comfortable if it wasn t us doin the criticising, thats all. these things have a habit of coming back to kick ye in the bollicks later.

We ve won a league semi - and the team is coming along nicely but we still have issues. I prefer to focus about us and let Kerry worryabout any problems they may have. They were missing Tomás, Tom O Sullivan, Scanlon and Declan O Sullivan. And when have Kerry ever taken anything serious before an AI semi final? And they didn t bottle it against Dublin. The ref was the bottler that day.

They didnt bottle it against Dublin - you're correct. Dublin won the game. i'll send you a picture of Sam just so that you know what it looks like.

An Gaeilgoir

just in the door now, voice and nerves gone. I cant believe what i am reading here about "bottling". FFS its a league semi-final and either team could have won it. This is a big psycological win for Mayo and this "new" team. They never gave up on it, even when 5 points down. James Horan and the backroom team deserve a lot of credit for that.

Just a couple of comments;
Mayo need more scores from our midfield and half backs, again we kicked 4-6 wides at key times, when we really needed them.

Some consistent refereeing please, it was maddening to watch that "performance" from the man in the middle again, what do linesmen do, f**k all it seems, time for them to step up and cut-out this third- man tackle.

Make no mistake, Mayo were lucky to win that game as were Kerry un-lucky to lose it. Gloating from the armchair does not do any good. 

We have beaten Kerry in Middle of April, i wish it was mid-September.

Well done, progess been made.