All Ireland contenders...

Started by EC Unique, March 25, 2012, 01:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2012, 11:48:44 AM
Quote from: heffo on March 28, 2012, 08:31:36 PM
I'm dealing in facts. The improvement in Dublin's hurling was long signposted from winning Leinster at underage from the mid-00's to combining colleges and winning titles at that level.

Dublin's volunteers are no better than anyone else's it just happens that the strategic plan organised them better than most.

Please explicitly state how money received from 2005 translated into Senior success.

Dublin have the biggest population, a huge player pool. They have the best facilities in the country, the best coaches are bought. They play all their football championship games at home(I think Longford in 2006 or something was their last away championship game), no longer can Parnell Park be called home since every league game is played in Croke park.
Soon every hurling championship game will be played in Croke park. Since they play at home all the time they get the home town referees. 50/50 decisions always go their way. On top of all this they get more money than anyone else, including their own special scheme. 1 million a year they were receiving!!!!!!!!!!
Now can you explain how this couldn't possibly lead to success in both hurling and football? It's been gifted to you on a plate. The fact that you've only won one All Ireland despite having huge advantages over everyone else shows how far off the pace you'd be without them.
It's time to end the bias been shown to Dublin GAA, hurling is struggling in many counties, this money should have been spread out. Dublin's interests have been prioritised to the detriment of other counties. In contrary to the often repeated lie; Dublin is bad for the GAA.

I've nothing further to add save that you are a complete tool talking bollox.

Hound

"Don't Matter" is typical of the reason why the Dubs call Laois supporters the Lemons! The bitterness is unreal.

Here's a couple of examples:

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 27, 2007, 02:31:32 PM
Kerry 1-15 Dublin 0-16
It's really sweet to look at that score and smile in the knowledge that the stinking Dubs are out. Players like the Brogans and Cullen must be feeling dejected today after their defeat and all I can do is laugh.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 03, 2009, 05:32:15 PM
:D :D :D :D The Dubs get their hopes up every year and then boom, smashed to pieces, brilliant, I love this kind of stuff.

Funnily enough he didnt post anything about the 2011 Final.
In fact he went into hiding altogether from the end of July till mid November.
No doubt, still having nightmares about Clucko's free and Cullen and Brogans celebrating with Celtic Crosses and Sam!

Dont Matter

;D Here we see the Dubs trying to hide from the FACT that not only are they buying success but they are buying it with everyone else's money!
Why haven't you quoted some of my posts about the kind of 'fans' you attract? More of this type of lowlife will be attracted to games now, making it worse for away fans travelling to the hole that is Dublin.
Dublin is bad for the GAA.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Coddler

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2012, 12:29:29 PM
;D Here we see the Dubs trying to hide from the FACT that not only are they buying success but they are buying it with everyone else's money!
Why haven't you quoted some of my posts about the kind of 'fans' you attract? More of this type of lowlife will be attracted to games now, making it worse for away fans travelling to the hole that is Dublin.
Dublin is bad for the GAA.

Dublin is good for the GAA but bad for your blood pressure Dont Matter. There is no conspiracy.
Let it go son before you have a stroke or something.

magpie seanie

Which county generates the most cash for the GAA?

Dont Matter

Hey boys, ye're not paying attention. This was not a regular payment. Dublin got 7 million out of this scheme, everyone else got zero.
Who was Taoiseach in 2005 and what county was he from? Unable to build the stadium he desired so much maybe he turned to his county and guaranteed them success into the future. It's was one way of garnishing votes anyway. A Dublin hero that they inflicted onto the rest of us.
I'm well relaxed boys, just pointing out the truth of Dublins success and the unfair bias that has grown in the GAA and must be quashed.
Peter Quinn

heffo

Coddler

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2012, 04:03:53 PM
Hey boys, ye're not paying attention. This was not a regular payment. Dublin got 7 million out of this scheme, everyone else got zero.
Who was Taoiseach in 2005 and what county was he from? Unable to build the stadium he desired so much maybe he turned to his county and guaranteed them success into the future. It's was one way of garnishing votes anyway. A Dublin hero that they inflicted onto the rest of us.
I'm well relaxed boys, just pointing out the truth of Dublins success and the unfair bias that has grown in the GAA and must be quashed.

By that logic, Enda should be able to deliver the Liam McCarthy to Mayo over the next 6 or 7 years.
I'm logging into my paddypower account now............

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on March 29, 2012, 04:26:20 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2012, 04:03:53 PM
everyone else got zero.

Ulster council got £120m

Thought you weren't talkin to me, this was a Dublin specific scheme. Dublin got so desperate for success that they bought it with the help of their hero Bertie.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Coddler on March 29, 2012, 04:27:38 PM
By that logic, Enda should be able to deliver the Liam McCarthy to Mayo over the next 6 or 7 years.
I'm logging into my paddypower account now............

If Enda provides Mayo GAA with 7 million I'm sure they will win an All Ireland, plus they might even learn how to hit a sliotar over there.
Peter Quinn

mannix

they know full well how to hit a sliotar in mayo.plenty of kids and teens play the game now and it will only grow. dublin are good for the game,attendance alone is worth millions. then factor in watching the brogans and some of the football the team play is very nice to watch.
did a dub steal your girlfriend?

heffo

I think it's just bitterness and frustration at the realisation that Dublin filling Croke Park so often since it was redeveloped and all the cash this generated for Leinster & Central council, this is turn freed up money for the Laois County Board to pay two All Stars directly in the same period, to play for Laois.

Dont Matter

What's with the Dub love in? Can you not understand that it was the government that gave them 1 million a year? This was on top of what they were getting elsewhere.
This has nothing to do with how many junkies they get in to fill Croke Park (on occasion) or how good any of their players are. It's about fairness in the GAA.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on March 29, 2012, 07:45:09 PM
I think it's just bitterness and frustration at the realisation that Dublin filling Croke Park so often since it was redeveloped and all the cash this generated for Leinster & Central council, this is turn freed up money for the Laois County Board to pay two All Stars directly in the same period, to play for Laois.

;D What are you on about now? Go easy on the sauce, save it for when you're in Croker again. Maybe you can tell some of the junkies on the hill about it.
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2012, 07:50:14 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 29, 2012, 07:45:09 PM

;D What are you on about now? Go easy on the sauce, save it for when you're in Croker again. Maybe you can tell some of the junkies on the hill about it.

Sorry perhaps I was unclear.

Laois directly paid two All-Stars to play for their county over the last six years.

One was when he 'retired' and was an incentive to play again and the other was to outbid a Dublin club that he was playing for.

They funded this using money 'freed-up (to borrow your argument) from the Dublin/full Croke Park gravy train.

Hope that's clearer for you.