Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: mckieran on August 03, 2009, 03:53:28 PM
Wonderful display by Kerry. I dont think they will walk to an AI now though. Mayo could give them a good game if they win next week. And Cork will be very hard beat. A lot still to do for Kerry.

Really at time I thought it was quite mediocre. I mean there was some amount of wides and alot of running into blind alleys. Kerry have toppled the house of cards nothing more.  
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Farrandeelin

If Dublin were Mayo you'd all be laughing at us wouldn't you.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magickingdom

Quote from: Gnevin on August 03, 2009, 05:27:34 PM
Wonderful display by Kerry. I dont think they will walk to an AI now though. Mayo could give them a good game if they win next week. And Cork will be very hard beat. A lot still to do for Kerry.

Really at time I thought it was quick mediocre. I mean there was some amount of wides and alot of running into blind alleys. Kerry have toppled the house of cards nothing more.  

thats nice of you gnevin, you can only trash whats put in front of you

Gnevin

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 03, 2009, 05:30:55 PM

Who isn't laughing at Dublin?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Dont Matter

Quote from: Gnevin on August 03, 2009, 05:24:15 PM
15 lads who had never kicked a football in their life would of done better .

Beyond pathetic. The DCB need to answer some serious questions here  

:D :D :D :D The Dubs get their hopes up every year and then boom, smashed to pieces, brilliant, I love this kind of stuff. At least the premier league is starting again soon though.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Gnevin on August 03, 2009, 05:31:49 PM

Most people. I mean the media usually can't keep a straight face when Mayo lose by a big margin.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Gnevin

Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 05:31:18 PM

Really at time I thought it was quite mediocre. I mean there was some amount of wides and alot of running into blind alleys. Kerry have toppled the house of cards nothing more.  

True enough.  However would you not agree that at time Kerry looked lost against what was a non existent Dublin? Wides, Passing and Shape?

I'm just saying it's hard to read into Kerry's form after Dublin decided not to turn up

pintsofguinness

No, we'd be feeling sorry for yous, we're all laughing at Dublin.   :P
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Gnevin, what have the DCB got to do with it?  What do you think the problem is?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Gnevin on August 03, 2009, 05:31:49 PM

Gnevin, coming from a county that has had a few hammerings over the years I share your pain.  Brilliant from Kerry, worse than woeful from the Dubs.  The worst aspect was that the Dublin players for the most part never got near enough to the Kerry men to lay a hand on them never mind tackle.  Some bad decision making too, A Brogan going for goal that early when a simple tap over the bar would have stopped the rot somewhat..B Brogan at start of the second half too...HotShot Hamish wouldn't have scored from there.  The Dubs looked sluggish and off the pace...is there enough genuine speed in that panel??

Anyway mate, the sun will rise tomorrow...don't bate the wife or the Jameson's too hard.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

magickingdom

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2009, 02:53:22 PM
Spillane just said it was orgasmic!  :D

course the trick is not to peak to early  ;)

magickingdom

Quote from: Gnevin on August 03, 2009, 05:34:55 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 05:31:18 PM

True enough.  However would you not agree that at time Kerry looked lost against what was a non existent Dublin? Wides, Passing and Shape?

I'm just saying it's hard to read into Kerry's form after Dublin decided not to turn up

i think kerry had 11 wides which is bad enough but overall they were super

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 05:45:39 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2009, 02:53:22 PM
Spillane just said it was orgasmic!  :D

course the trick is not to peak to early  ;)

Will Kerry come second again?  ;)

I'll get my coat
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

tyssam5

Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2009, 05:23:19 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on August 03, 2009, 05:11:13 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2009, 05:08:40 PM
That dreadful thought of another Tyrone v Kerry final is creeping in again now. Kerry going for 6 finals in a row look to be a shoe in to make the final on that display. I really am sick of them at ths stage but their class told today up front where their passing and movement was top notch. I still think they are weak up the middle of the defence against a team running at pace. McCarthy done well today even though he was put under no real pressure.

Come on Cork, please save this championship from another Tyrone Kerry final fest.

Aye cos the last Kerry v. Cork final was such a classic and all!

Never mentioned it being a classic, just fed up of the same 2 teams contesting the final. No doubt Kerry would probably do the usual crumbling when confronted with Tyrones in your face tactics. The rebels are the only chance of breaking this monopoly so I'm willing them on from here on in.

Tis a duoploy lad. Well were Cork to beat Tyrone and then Kerry in the final, it would probably finish both teams and set them up for a period of domination. Big enough old task though.