Ard Macha v An Dun 24/03/12

Started by Agent Orange, March 18, 2012, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Quote from: Agent Orange on March 25, 2012, 03:07:25 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on March 23, 2012, 02:09:23 PM
Poor Kalum King, never proved himself at this level has he, not even when he was All-Star nominated in 2010; yeah never proved himself to anyone at this level. As for Rogers he has had a long time injury and now is fit. Do you really mean to tell me you think you can dismiss a player because he used to be injured? Because I am sure you are aware that never in the history of sport has a player ever performed well after recovering from injury!!!

King was so good he was taken off, how was he left on for so long?
Rogers spent more time on the floor than on his feet, doesn't look fit. Has he recovered fully?
Eoin McCartan, need I say more? If his name was anything but McCartan he wouldn't be allowed to carry the water. Need I go on?

Armagh were up for it, Down were too cocky and yet again left the Athletic Grounds with their tails between the legs, but it was a good game, two well matched teams neither of wich was helped by the referee. If thats your best 15 you will have a very short summer, Fermanagh have little to worry them.

Eoin didn't get good service but still scored a couple points from play last night.

everymanaman

Just saw the penalty Armagh got on TG4 earlier. Have only just managed to get back onto my feet after falling off the chair. Drogba wouldn't have a look in

Armaghgael

Quote from: everymanaman on March 25, 2012, 07:29:39 PM
Just saw the penalty Armagh got on TG4 earlier. Have only just managed to get back onto my feet after falling off the chair. Drogba wouldn't have a look in

Clear foot block!!
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

bennydorano

Quote from: lawnseed on March 25, 2012, 12:21:52 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 24, 2012, 10:14:48 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 24, 2012, 07:52:35 PM
more of the same, lets see what action homer will take to remedy this problem.  ::)
::) indeed, you're some boy.
the result shows the wealth of talent that is sitting ready to be managed properly in our county. i'm delighted that we still have a chance to stay up. but even you benny have to question these results. stuff by dublin beaten by mayo both teams that this down team handled easily. down are not as good as armagh  on paper but they could have won last night. i think we have a good squad and i want the best for them i just dont see por as the man to manage them past 2 or 3 games in the championship. last night was great and i think we have a chance against donegal but there no consistancy, great individual performances wont be enough
Alternatively you could argue that the result is the result of excellent management skills that have so far delivered us 5 points - despite the continuing absence of the Crossmaglen contingent and the plethora of injuries.  You really need to get some perspective, having unrealistic expectations is your problem not the Armagh management's.

PatDaly

Can anyone confirm if its still possible for both Armagh and Down to get relegated to division 2? If both Armagh and Down lose on April 8th and also assuming Mayo pick up 2 more points would this mean Down and Armagh get relegated?

POS   TEAM   P   W   L   D   F   A   POINTS
1   KERRY   6   5   1   0   96   71   10
2   CORK   6   3   2   1   84   66   7
3   DOWN   6   3   3   0   78   90   6
4   DUBLIN   5   3   2   0   92   70   6
5   ARMAGH   6   2   3   1   78   100   5
6   MAYO   5   2   3   0   65   66   4
7   DONEGAL   6   2   4   0   75   88   4
8   LAOIS   6   2   4   0   79   96   4

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: PatDaly on March 25, 2012, 08:00:47 PM
Can anyone confirm if its still possible for both Armagh and Down to get relegated to division 2? If both Armagh and Down lose on April 8th and also assuming Mayo pick up 2 more points would this mean Down and Armagh get relegated?

POS   TEAM   P   W   L   D   F   A   POINTS
1   KERRY   6   5   1   0   96   71   10
2   CORK   6   3   2   1   84   66   7
3   DOWN   6   3   3   0   78   90   6
4   DUBLIN   5   3   2   0   92   70   6
5   ARMAGH   6   2   3   1   78   100   5
6   MAYO   5   2   3   0   65   66   4
7   DONEGAL   6   2   4   0   75   88   4
8   LAOIS   6   2   4   0   79   96   4

Yes, It can happen.

If Armagh lose, Donegal stay up but Down cant be relegated because they beat Donegal.
If Laois beat Down by 5 or more Down can take Laois place in relegation.
- This assumes that Mayo win both games.

There are many possible scenarios. To keep it simple, Armagh and Down both need a win.

Orchardman

Quote from: bennydorano on March 25, 2012, 07:36:41 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 25, 2012, 12:21:52 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 24, 2012, 10:14:48 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 24, 2012, 07:52:35 PM
more of the same, lets see what action homer will take to remedy this problem.  ::)
::) indeed, you're some boy.
the result shows the wealth of talent that is sitting ready to be managed properly in our county. i'm delighted that we still have a chance to stay up. but even you benny have to question these results. stuff by dublin beaten by mayo both teams that this down team handled easily. down are not as good as armagh  on paper but they could have won last night. i think we have a good squad and i want the best for them i just dont see por as the man to manage them past 2 or 3 games in the championship. last night was great and i think we have a chance against donegal but there no consistancy, great individual performances wont be enough
Alternatively you could argue that the result is the result of excellent management skills that have so far delivered us 5 points - despite the continuing absence of the Crossmaglen contingent and the plethora of injuries.  You really need to get some perspective, having unrealistic expectations is your problem not the Armagh management's.

Exactly, so we win and aparently it shows 'the wealth of talent we have', yet when we lose its POR the donkey, no game plan, rubbish. The only game i've went to this year was in croke park where i seen a load of lads who hadn't a clue, not just the manager's fault when the defender just handpasses the ball right to dublin for a handy goal. Spoke to some men last night though who never miss a game and they were delighted with the team so fair play

chipstick

Quote from: everymanaman on March 25, 2012, 07:29:39 PM
The penalty was rightly given for a foot block.

chipstick

Quote from: seanaglis on March 25, 2012, 12:34:12 PM
Couple of points:

1. Down fans need to dry their eyes about Danny Hughes. He won 2 or 3 frees for blatent dives where he took a tumble followed by a bit of rolling around on the ground. The armagh fans were getting on the back of the ref for awarding them, and he finally copped on to what Hughes was at and stopped giving the frees.

2. Dont know why Aidan Brannigan was subbed for Down. He was very effective at breaking up the RHS of the pitch and set up several scores. When Quinn came on for him that threat disappeared and Armagh clawed back the Down lead.

3. It was a clear penalty for a foot block by a Down defender.

4. Good to see armagh youngsters like Decan McKenna, Caolan Rafferty and Michael Stevenson step up to the plate at this level.

5. Dont think that Kevin Dyas is up to it, and there are better options than him fir a half-back slot
Don't know what you were watching because Dyas didn't play at half back.He had a free role,was composed on the ball and got Armagh out of several awkward situations.Gave away one bad ball towards the end.He should back himself to shoot more often.

PAULD123

Quote from: Scarface on March 25, 2012, 09:45:17 AM
It was young Carragher that got the bad injury mate.

Sorry, yes. wasn't thinking when I posted. Yes Carragher. I was very upset to see it. Bad enough any player being so badly injured but to hear that he has just returned from an identical injury is tragic. My heart goes out to him and I wish him all the best with his recovery.

If Armagh and Down win on Easter Sunday they will both be safe. All the woes of the league and threat of relegation will be forgotten but the poor lad will still have his broken leg to live with. As fans, we will move on to thinking about the championship but he won't be able to. I just hope that he can recover fully and regain his county squad place.

By the way, for the record I hope Armagh do survive in Division 1 (with ourselves of course). Saturday night's game was full of all the passion, commitment and excitement that you would want from a GAA derby. Either team could have edged it, congratulations to Armagh for doing so.

BerfArmagh

Fantastic game played on saturday night in front of a huge crowd, really great atmosphere, i love those games being played under lights. I have to say credit must go to both teams for putting in hugely committed performances. I think some Down fans are being a bit overly critical of their players, i thought they were very unlucky to not get at least a draw, some of their forward player was very good, poland is a fantastic player, as is coulter. Though they did seem to drift across the patch a lot in their attacks. From an Armagh perspective I was delighted, very much under strength the lads gave every thing. Brian Mallon was v good as was stevenson & rafferty. With Mc Parland, clarke etc to come back, we have a much better options in the forwards now than 12 months ago. I must say, Donaghy was absolutely outstanding, indeed the full back line with andy & decky was very solid. Half backs would concern me and mid friled is probably our weakest position at present. Charlie tried hard, but it was clear he was not fully fit. Best wishes to young Carragher, I was right beside it. sickening.

Applesisapples

Quote from: bcarrier on March 24, 2012, 08:55:17 PM
Game turned on penalty dive that Drogba would be proud of. It was generally a good sporting game spoiled by this piece of orange gamesmanship.
It was a two footed block that Victor Wanyama would have been proud of.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 24, 2012, 09:34:15 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 24, 2012, 09:32:56 PM
Well done Armagh, great night's entertainment.  Caolan Rafferty MOTM for me by a very big margin (who did Setanta give it to?).  Good overall team performance, young Stevenson did very well on his debut as well.  Very impressive movement at times and with the fellas missing it would have to give you heart.

Poland got the Setanta mom.
From Pete McGrath some surprise.

Applesisapples

Great to see a lot of sense on here from Pauld. Armagh probably just about deserved to win on the night although a draw wouldn't have been unfair. I am at a loss of what to make of POR. The team under him is too inconsistent, but is this down to the players?
For perhaps the first time in a long time I would commend the ref. Even Wee Pete on Setanta said he got all the big calls right. In fairness to him he let the game flow as much as he could and compared to the performances of some refs recently in both hurling and football he was outstanding.

Goats Do Shave

POR seems to be giving his all. Great to see him celebrate at the end!