Ard Macha v An Dun 24/03/12

Started by Agent Orange, March 18, 2012, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

CHC Decides to give Grimley a 4 week ban instead of 16 weeks.

illdecide

Impressed by Armagh last nite, Donaghy and Mallon in FB line were good and McKeever was solid and scored a v good pt (down man charged into McKeever when he was on the ground with his knee's to McKeevers head/face and Ciaran got up and helped the Down man up and gave him a pat for it ;D) Not impressed by P Duffy and Dyas at all TBH, midfield was ok and held their own. Thought Rafferty was v good along with B Mallon and young Stevenson.

I have to say the Down management were far too slow to react to a situation in the 1st half...they left Dan Gordon on Rafferty all half and he was cleaned out, totally isolated there and was stupid. Dan is a quality footballer and should have been moved further out the field (which they eventually did in 2nd half), D Hughes is also quality and showed it last nite he was everywhere and ran himself into the ground. Good game and enjoyed it but thought Down made more errors and Down management were a bit slow to react at times (but not complaining ;), maybe A O'Rourke's doing ok :D)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lawnseed

Quote from: bennydorano on March 24, 2012, 10:14:48 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 24, 2012, 07:52:35 PM
more of the same, lets see what action homer will take to remedy this problem.  ::)
::) indeed, you're some boy.
the result shows the wealth of talent that is sitting ready to be managed properly in our county. i'm delighted that we still have a chance to stay up. but even you benny have to question these results. stuff by dublin beaten by mayo both teams that this down team handled easily. down are not as good as armagh  on paper but they could have won last night. i think we have a good squad and i want the best for them i just dont see por as the man to manage them past 2 or 3 games in the championship. last night was great and i think we have a chance against donegal but there no consistancy, great individual performances wont be enough
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

seanaglis

Couple of points:

1. Down fans need to dry their eyes about Danny Hughes. He won 2 or 3 frees for blatent dives where he took a tumble followed by a bit of rolling around on the ground. The armagh fans were getting on the back of the ref for awarding them, and he finally copped on to what Hughes was at and stopped giving the frees.

2. Dont know why Aidan Brannigan was subbed for Down. He was very effective at breaking up the RHS of the pitch and set up several scores. When Quinn came on for him that threat disappeared and Armagh clawed back the Down lead.

3. It was a clear penalty for a foot block by a Down defender.

4. Good to see armagh youngsters like Decan McKenna, Caolan Rafferty and Michael Stevenson step up to the plate at this level.

5. Dont think that Kevin Dyas is up to it, and there are better options than him fir a half-back slot

Dubh driocht

I enjoyed the game despite the result and it confirmed the impression over the last few years that there is little between the teams. Therefore, looking at the respective performances against the Dubs you would have to ask yourself ; how many AI finals would Down and Armagh get to if the big championship games were played at Pairc Esler or MAG rather than Croke Park ? While the GAA need the Dubs doing well etc.. while we must make use of our national treasure that is CP etc.. while the capital of our country is the right venue for AI QFs/SFs/Finals etc .. the reality is we put manners on the Dubs in Newry yet they destroyed a compatible team in CP the week before.

Agent Orange

Quote from: PAULD123 on March 23, 2012, 02:09:23 PM
Poor Kalum King, never proved himself at this level has he, not even when he was All-Star nominated in 2010; yeah never proved himself to anyone at this level. As for Rogers he has had a long time injury and now is fit. Do you really mean to tell me you think you can dismiss a player because he used to be injured? Because I am sure you are aware that never in the history of sport has a player ever performed well after recovering from injury!!!

King was so good he was taken off, how was he left on for so long?
Rogers spent more time on the floor than on his feet, doesn't look fit. Has he recovered fully?
Eoin McCartan, need I say more? If his name was anything but McCartan he wouldn't be allowed to carry the water. Need I go on?

Armagh were up for it, Down were too cocky and yet again left the Athletic Grounds with their tails between the legs, but it was a good game, two well matched teams neither of wich was helped by the referee. If thats your best 15 you will have a very short summer, Fermanagh have little to worry them.

Armaghgeddon

What is the lowest division Armagh have been in?

Armamike

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 25, 2012, 11:08:57 AM
Armagh won so there's no need to run to the papers with any stories of abuse now.
Maybe Down have something to complain about? Did someone from Armagh call you Irish and you got offended?
You won the game and got lucky with the sending off so dry em.
That's just, like your opinion man.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: charlieTully on March 25, 2012, 11:16:38 AM
Quote from: Dont Matter on March 25, 2012, 11:08:57 AM
Armagh won so there's no need to run to the papers with any stories of abuse now.
Maybe Down have something to complain about? Did someone from Armagh call you Irish and you got offended?

from the county that gave us the orange order and billy wright.
Couldn't stoop any lower there Charlie if you tried.. Then again you're from Down so you probably could.

mountainboii

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 25, 2012, 03:15:14 PM
What is the lowest division Armagh have been in?

Strange question. We'd have spent time in the bottom division during the bad spells. Have heard of a time when only Kilkenny were below us in the league ladder.

mountainboii

Quote from: seanaglis on March 25, 2012, 12:34:12 PM
Couple of points:

1. Down fans need to dry their eyes about Danny Hughes. He won 2 or 3 frees for blatent dives where he took a tumble followed by a bit of rolling around on the ground. The armagh fans were getting on the back of the ref for awarding them, and he finally copped on to what Hughes was at and stopped giving the frees.

Correct. Watched the game back on Setanta this morning and even wee Pete made mention of Hughes' 'exaggerated falls'.

red n black

I knew from the first few minutes that Down could be in trouble, the gaping space between the mid and half forward line was are undoing. Too many high balls were coming into Lavery who is a small but very skillful player each getting mopped up and starting a counter attack. Armagh were very hungry and only for Ambrose in the midfield we would have got nought in terms of breaking ball. There was still a lot of positives

1) Danny Hughes & Dan Gordon WORLD CLASS
2) Aidan Carrs free taking
3) Burgers
4) The referee was consistent... (in armaghs favour)

All in all it was a derby match played with passion and intensity and to that end cannot be a serious marker as to position either of the two sides, a good game all the same.

Leo

Quote from: seanaglis on March 25, 2012, 12:34:12 PM
Couple of points:

Way off the mark. Hughes suffered abuse evey time - including a few clothes line jobs - and Coldrick ignored it - even late on whern a two-hand push in the back that you could have seen from Derrynoose was waved away.  Way off mark with this point.

2. Dont know why Aidan Brannigan was subbed for Down. He was very effective at breaking up the RHS of the pitch and set up several scores. When Quinn came on for him that threat disappeared and Armagh clawed back the Down lead.

Fair point. Branigann isn'teveryone's cup of tea but was donig grand.
3. It was a clear penalty for a foot block by a Down defender.

Couldn't see from where I was but can't dispute that.

4. Good to see armagh youngsters like Decan McKenna, Caolan Rafferty and Michael Stevenson step up to the plate at this level.

Yea, I was impressed by those guys.

5. Dont think that Kevin Dyas is up to it, and there are better options than him fir a half-back slot
Fierce tame altogether

Leo

Quote from: Agent Orange on March 25, 2012, 03:07:25 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on March 23, 2012, 02:09:23 PM
Poor Kalum King, never proved himself at this level has he, not even when he was All-Star nominated in 2010; yeah never proved himself to anyone at this level.
As for Rogers he has had a long time injury and now is fit. Do you really mean to tell me you think you can dismiss a player because he used to be injured? Because I am sure you are aware that never in the history of sport has a player ever performed well after recovering from injury!!!

King was so good he was taken off, how was he left on for so long?

King never got an All-Star nomination so check your facts - but he is as honest in endeavour as the day is long.

Rogers spent more time on the floor than on his feet, doesn't look fit. Has he recovered fully?
His visits to the floor usually followed full frontal assaults that Coldick apparently couldn't see -  ffs one of them late on he gave a s afree against Ambrose who had been pummelled to the ground - go figure! - Rodgers is a very honset skilfull footballer betrayed by pathetic refereeing standards.
[/i]
Eoin McCartan, need I say more? If his name was anything but McCartan he wouldn't be allowed to carry the water. Need I go on?

Last week I  would have agreed but actually last night he was quite impressive.Your denigration can only be based on pre-conceived bias and you should just stand back and see a bigger picture.

Armag bh were up for it, Down were too cocky and yet again left the Athletic Grounds with their tails between the legs, but it was a good game, two well matched teams neither of wich was helped by the referee.

Fair enough.
If thats your best 15 you will have a very short summer, Fermanagh have little to worry them.

I'll take odds o Down by 6+ points.
Fierce tame altogether

Armaghgael

Quote from: red n black on March 25, 2012, 04:00:34 PM
I knew from the first few minutes that Down could be in trouble, the gaping space between the mid and half forward line was are undoing. Too many high balls were coming into Lavery who is a small but very skillful player each getting mopped up and starting a counter attack. Armagh were very hungry and only for Ambrose in the midfield we would have got nought in terms of breaking ball. There was still a lot of positives

1) Danny Hughes & Dan Gordon WORLD CLASS
2) Aidan Carrs free taking
3) Burgers
4) The referee was consistent... (in armaghs favour)

All in all it was a derby match played with passion and intensity and to that end cannot be a serious marker as to position either of the two sides, a good game all the same.

He got an awful roasting from Rafferty. IMO he should have been moved far sooner
If in doubt.......take man and ball!