Connacht U-21 Championship 2012

Started by Farrandeelin, March 09, 2012, 08:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

Congrats to Ros. However from a Mayo perspective it's impossible to ignore three years of crap tactics, stupid team selections and general mismanagement of our team. Dempsey has coached the life out of our 21s. I didn't want him back this year but we got landed with him again. This absolutely must be his last time managing a Mayo team at any level.

Hopefully Ros go all the way from here. I remember their 09 minors being excellent but unable to shoot for shit. They seem to have the same issues three years on. Hopefully their forwards can step up and deliver.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Tubberman

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on March 21, 2012, 08:54:46 PM
Congrats to Ros. However from a Mayo perspective it's impossible to ignore three years of crap tactics, stupid team selections and general mismanagement of our team. Dempsey has coached the life out of our 21s. I didn't want him back this year but we got landed with him again. This absolutely must be his last time managing a Mayo team at any level.

Hopefully Ros go all the way from here. I remember their 09 minors being excellent but unable to shoot for shit. They seem to have the same issues three years on. Hopefully their forwards can step up and deliver.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you Cosmo. I haven't heard anything positive about the way the U21s (and minors before that) were managed over the last few years. Some of what I heard is beyond belief for county team management in this day and age - it wouldn't be tolerated at club level.
I hope we haven't lost some talented players or stopped them from reaching their potential.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mortified

Quote from: Tubberman on March 21, 2012, 08:58:47 PM

Unfortunately I have to agree with you Cosmo. I haven't heard anything positive about the way the U21s (and minors before that) were managed over the last few years. Some of what I heard is beyond belief for county team management in this day and age - it wouldn't be tolerated at club level.
I hope we haven't lost some talented players or stopped them from reaching their potential.

any examples tubberman? its seems for the last 3 years its all Galway/Rossies underage in Connaught
quit your jibba jabba fool!!

Tubberman

Quote from: mortified on March 21, 2012, 09:07:41 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 21, 2012, 08:58:47 PM

any examples tubberman? its seems for the last 3 years its all Galway/Rossies underage in Connaught

It's second-hand information, but I heard stories of only 8/9 players at training, players not knowing each other a couple of weeks before championship and having to introduce themselves to each other. The team selections and tactics are there for all to see and judge.
Been a bad week for Mayo football.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: mortified

Yet our seniors are arguably the best in Connacht and include a lot of players who have come out of the 21s in the last three years. More will come from this team in the next couple of years also I reckon. Meanwhile RD has been able to get nothing out of the same players.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ross4life

First off well done to the young rossies tonight & hard luck to Mayo.

The scoreline flattered Mayo we won by 4 should have been double that 3 wins in a row v Mayo at U21 now & our minors are producing the goods also all going well this will carry through to senior level. TBH i think Mayo supporters have slightly overrated their minors in 09 & 10 both times we were the better team & should have won. So while some might say "unable to shoot for shit" i would say bad luck! For the record one of the best young forwards in Ireland was on the field tonight (O'Connor) but he was totally overshadowed by the excellent Donal Smith & he gave the same type display in Castlebar back in June.

Onto the Connacht final now as i said at the top of the thread i fancy Sligo to beat Leitrim & make no mistake they will give us a good game, thankfully we'll have home advantage.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Well done to Ros. Sounded like they were well in control for most of the match from the shite rambling that masquerades as commentary on midwest.

Not surprised by the result. We could have shipped a heavier result last week but it was one of those games. Moaning about Dempsey only takes away from Roscommon achievement of beating us 3 years in a row. These managerial appointments are our own trouble and self-inflicted. Our minor management too would appear to be floundering in a last chance saloon. We badly need to stop a worrying slide at underage. So much for reviews and all that.

I m inclined to agree though and as Tubberman points out it has been a bad week for Mayo football. A poor show by the minors, smashed in Ballyshannon and what sounded like a comprehensive beating tonight.

GalwayBayBoy

I did fancy Roscommon slightly for this game. In fairness Galway should have beaten Mayo last week only for some terrible wides and despite losing 5 players to injury just before and during the game. Thought that game might have brought on Mayo though and they might have caught Roscommon cold this week but looks like it didn't happen for them on the night.

mjg

that mayo mick must feel like some t i t now

moysider

Quote from: mjg on March 21, 2012, 10:52:40 PM
that mayo mick must feel like some t i t now

Why? What happened?

mjg

Quote from: Mayo Mick on March 15, 2012, 09:47:25 PM
AI probably between ourselves and Dubs - Kerry might be dark horses. Think we can consider Connacht done and dusted - don't see either Sligo or Ros within 6 or 7 points of us especially as we will not be as slow to start the next day.
::)

ross4life

AI probably between ourselves and Dubs - Kerry might be dark horses. Think we can consider Connacht done and dusted - don't see either Sligo or Ros within 6 or 7 points of us especially as we will not be as slow to start the next day.

I hope he doesn't hype us up as much but keep her lit with Mayo...Mick.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Quote from: ross4life on March 21, 2012, 11:06:42 PM

I hope he doesn't hype us up as much but keep her lit with Mayo...Mick.

Lads, I was only doin the old Norman Wisdom line there. I d taken all posts on board.

muppet

Quote from: mjg on March 21, 2012, 11:01:57 PM

Mayo Mick = Bennry Sweeney = PSTG =  ;)
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: muppet on March 21, 2012, 11:17:38 PM
Quote from: mjg on March 21, 2012, 11:01:57 PM

Mayo Mick = Bennry Sweeney = PSTG =  ;)

Yip.