Connacht U-21 Championship 2012

Started by Farrandeelin, March 09, 2012, 08:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2012, 05:33:05 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 11, 2012, 05:23:00 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2012, 05:20:40 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 11, 2012, 03:16:47 PM
Unlike the Senior Championship, I'd be shouting for the Connacht Champions. With the back door in Senior, the Provincial Champions don't solely represent the province anymore.

Anyway best of Luck to the Rossies. A hight tide rises all boats!

But you'd be happy to see Connacht teams winning as long as they're not playing your county, right? I know my heart sank a little when Mayo lost to Longford, knowing full well that public discourse would return to 'ah sure Connacht teams are useless'.

Must be the only Rossie heart that did! ;)

There's a first reaction of 'oh haha, those Mayo jackasses, serves them right!!' and that's very quickly replaced by the realisation that more than any other province Connacht football is under attack and needs its standard bearers to perform to prove popular logic wrong. One of the most enjoyable games I've been at for years was last year's Mayo/Kerry semi, shouting for Mayo.
Not a patch on the Mayo v Dublin, Roscommon v Meath semi finals in 2006 & we all celebrated together in Quinns,Flannerys & Coppers afterwards.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2012, 06:30:56 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2012, 05:33:05 PM
Unlike the Senior Championship, I'd be shouting for the Connacht Champions. With the back door in Senior, the Provincial Champions don't solely represent the province anymore.

But you'd be happy to see Connacht teams winning as long as they're not playing your county, right? I know my heart sank a little when Mayo lost to Longford, knowing full well that public discourse would return to 'ah sure Connacht teams are useless'.

There's a first reaction of 'oh haha, those Mayo jackasses, serves them right!!' and that's very quickly replaced by the realisation that more than any other province Connacht football is under attack and needs its standard bearers to perform to prove popular logic wrong. One of the most enjoyable games I've been at for years was last year's Mayo/Kerry semi, shouting for Mayo.
Not a patch on the Mayo v Dublin, Roscommon v Meath semi finals in 2006 & we all celebrated together in Quinns,Flannerys & Coppers afterwards.

Well if we're stretching it back that far there's nothing in my lifetime that comes close to that minor All-Ireland.

Rossfan

+1  ;D ;D
I think it's fair to say that we all want to see our own County doing well and let the neighbours look out for themselves.
And if one of them lose to a smaller county .... I don't think there would be much effort made to stop the guffaws  :-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM