All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaveherinsir

Cross are some outfit, granted i only managed to watch the first half yesterday, but i think they would beat at least half of the county teams at the minute??

haranguerer

Quote from: yellowcard on March 31, 2012, 10:06:37 PM

Its probably allowed but I'd say there will be fines imposed.

;D ;D So its  not allowed then? Be harsh fining them if it was, do you not think?

(Its not allowed by the way, there'll def be a fine)

Applesisapples

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 09:43:57 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 31, 2012, 09:40:20 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 09:33:00 PM
Quote from: Gold on March 31, 2012, 09:24:19 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 08:17:47 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 31, 2012, 08:15:09 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 08:00:46 PM
Some Garrycastle players weren't even wearing proper socks. In an AI final ffs!

I'd be more worried about getting embarrassed in an AI final...

Theres a reason for it, I'm sure they didnt just forget, be they ankle supports or something
Ankle supports? Thon's a pair of Wilson tennis socks - 3 pairs for £1.

Reminds me of u12 matches against Ardoyne years ago.

I could name a right few teams wearing celtic shorts, tracksuit bottoms, trainers, basketball shorts etc. Some craic but complete waste of a game as they were usually shite!
I just find it mad that a boy lines out for his club in an All Ireland final wearing a pair of Wilson tennis socks. WTF?

Two boys actually in one of those photos were seen wearing Wilson tennis socks. IN AN ALL IRELAND FINAL......mental!
It f**king is mental! Is it even allowed in the rules?
No it's not when you enter the provincial Championships in Ulster you are issued with a set of rules regarding team wear and other aspects, tam wear must be uniform, and thats before you even consider the rules regarding Irish made products.

brokencrossbar1

We're finished now, once the Kernan's, Jamie, McKeown and Morgan and all those boys retire we're finished :P  More to follow after I watch her again and again and again and again...... :D

Dont Matter

Crossmaglen, what a team. A credit to Armagh. They play the game the way it's supposed to be played. Oisín hanging around for one more or is that it?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

emmetryan

I've done a tactical analysis piece on the game yesterday for anyone interested http://action81.com/blog/?p=5662
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Hoof Hearted

going by the hunger them boys show, i would reckon the 1st ever 3-in-a-row will be next on the agenda
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hardy

Jayz I'm a virtual nobody now!

Great stuff, Cross. That's the way to play football.

But let's concentrate on the important stuff - what about this sock scandal? We need to stamp this out of the game or it'll be the ruination of the GAA.

AQMP

Sockgate!!  God be with the days when the late, great Peter McDermott played outfield in a cap and it is reputed occasionally glasses.  There's a gap in the market for O'Neill's to bring out a range of spectacles for the modern footballer.

Brilliant stuff from Cross.  The first half was great viewing.  Garrycastle were there for the fight and forgot about the football.  When you do that agin Cross you get humped by 15 points.

blast05

Quote from: Leo on April 01, 2012, 08:44:20 AM
Quote from: here comes 6 on April 01, 2012, 07:57:16 AM
I might be wrong but Garrycastle have broken one of the rules of Gaa. Will they be fined foir not wearing club colours?
It was the club final. The whole concept of "club" is togetherness and identity is part of that. Crossmaglen understand this, Garrycastle possibly do not. Hardly made a difference to the result but the culture of a unified club like Crossmaglen is there for all to see - and try to emulate.

Your wrong wrong wrong on your thought re Garrycastle not understanding togetherness and identity. Was your comment based on 'sockgate' ?

emainmacha

Would all the teams that fancy their chances at a Club All Ireland title now be hoping an Armagh team beat Cross in Armagh County Championship, or would it not feel as good an achievement to win it without meeting Cross at some stage.
(Not that any team from Armagh who were capable of beating Cross wouldn't prove a hard nut to crack)

Armamike

I have nothing but respect and admiration for everything Cross have achieved but for the sake of the county side i hope they get knocked out early next year. Their success year after year is killing the county side's development.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Orior

Quote from: Armamike on April 01, 2012, 03:17:38 PM
I have nothing but respect and admiration for everything Cross have achieved but for the sake of the county side i hope they get knocked out early next year. Their success year after year is killing the county side's development.

Correct.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ogshead

Quote from: Orior on April 01, 2012, 04:28:45 PM

Correct.

There's not many Cross people that will care about that!

haveaharp

Id rather cross win something than both win nothing