Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 09:33:00 PM
Quote from: Gold on March 31, 2012, 09:24:19 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 08:17:47 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 31, 2012, 08:15:09 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 08:00:46 PM
Some Garrycastle players weren't even wearing proper socks. In an AI final ffs!

I'd be more worried about getting embarrassed in an AI final...

Theres a reason for it, I'm sure they didnt just forget, be they ankle supports or something
Ankle supports? Thon's a pair of Wilson tennis socks - 3 pairs for £1.

Reminds me of u12 matches against Ardoyne years ago.

I could name a right few teams wearing celtic shorts, tracksuit bottoms, trainers, basketball shorts etc. Some craic but complete waste of a game as they were usually shite!
I just find it mad that a boy lines out for his club in an All Ireland final wearing a pair of Wilson tennis socks. WTF?

Two boys actually in one of those photos were seen wearing Wilson tennis socks. IN AN ALL IRELAND FINAL......mental!

muppet

MWWSI 2017

rrhf

Phenomenal a privilege to watch. I wonder how they'd cope with a full strength derrytresk though.

ONeill

Quote from: rrhf on March 31, 2012, 09:43:03 PM
Phenomenal a privilege to watch. I wonder how they'd cope with a full strength derrytresk though.

No contest. Game abandoned.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

yellowcard

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 09:43:57 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 31, 2012, 09:40:20 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 09:33:00 PM
Quote from: Gold on March 31, 2012, 09:24:19 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 31, 2012, 08:15:09 PM

I'd be more worried about getting embarrassed in an AI final...

Theres a reason for it, I'm sure they didnt just forget, be they ankle supports or something

I could name a right few teams wearing celtic shorts, tracksuit bottoms, trainers, basketball shorts etc. Some craic but complete waste of a game as they were usually shite!
I just find it mad that a boy lines out for his club in an All Ireland final wearing a pair of Wilson tennis socks. WTF?

Two boys actually in one of those photos were seen wearing Wilson tennis socks. IN AN ALL IRELAND FINAL......mental!
It f**king is mental! Is it even allowed in the rules?

Its probably allowed but I'd say there will be fines imposed. I honestly can't remember the last time I played a GAA match where a lad lined out wearing tennis socks. Its almost like wearing no socks!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: muppet on March 31, 2012, 09:40:43 PM
Well done Cross. Some club.

agreed - great team, great club. they desersve every accolade being heaped on them.

Garrycastle were a joke. a team of cagefighters or heavyweight boxera with footballing ability could turn up and try and take on Cross at the physical battle - and still lose !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Jinxy

Disgraceful carry on.  >:(
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

I bet if you look hard enough you'll find a third player wearing them.
Mean Westmeath hoors!

Jinxy

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 11:52:08 PM
I just don't get it. If our club was in an All Ireland final, it would more important that you were wearing the proper club gear than actually winning the match.

That's probably why Buffers Alley beat us in 1989 with Tony Doran wearing his long johns and slippers.
The sun beds are generally flat out for McCooey teams anyway so it would be mental coming up to an AI campaign!

supersub

Quite a common occurance in training wearing the sports socks due to comfort and feel, but agree it is strange to wear just said socks in an ai final. If the third person you are referring to there is Clarke, he has his club socks on as well as the others ;)

here comes 6

I might be wrong but Garrycastle have broken one of the rules of Gaa. Will they be fined foir not wearing club colours?

theticklemister

Quote from: hardstation on April 01, 2012, 01:26:09 AM
Quote from: supersub on April 01, 2012, 01:17:54 AM
Quite a common occurance in training wearing the sports socks due to comfort and feel, but agree it is strange to wear just said socks in an ai final. If the third person you are referring to there is Clarke, he has his club socks on as well as the others ;)
I think what he means by the third person is that it was 3 for a pound and they have split it as they are tight. Clarke is wearing proper club socks.

Ridiculous.

Times hard lads, there's a recession on!!

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: here comes 6 on April 01, 2012, 07:57:16 AM
I might be wrong but Garrycastle have broken one of the rules of Gaa. Will they be fined foir not wearing club colours?

Aye, Crossmolina were hit with a fine a few years back when Ciaran McDonald wore different socks. Think the fine was pretty substantial for a club - 5k maybe?

Cant remember
Hasta la victoria siempre

Leo

Quote from: here comes 6 on April 01, 2012, 07:57:16 AM

It was the club final. The whole concept of "club" is togetherness and identity is part of that. Crossmaglen understand this, Garrycastle possibly do not. Hardly made a difference to the result but the culture of a unified club like Crossmaglen is there for all to see - and try to emulate.
Fierce tame altogether