Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Good odds for the spread today, I expect.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lecale2

Quote from: deiseach on December 27, 2014, 02:02:10 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on December 26, 2014, 08:17:31 PM
Hibs are a great price to beat New Rangers tomorrow. Generally available at 5/2.

I hope you filled yer boots!

Boots filled !  :)

From the Bunker

No panic on Rangers just yet! They won't win the Championship title. But they only have to finish in the top 4 to get into the play offs for promotion. The champions which looks to be Hearts who will be automatically promoted to the Premiership and clubs in 2nd, 3rd and 4th enter two-legged play-offs. The winner of 4th v 3rd plays 2nd, with the winner of that tie up against the club finishing 11th in the Premiership which looks to be Ross County/St. Mirren.

RealSpiritof98

Going to watch todays reverse fixture in Ibrox on Valentines Day (wife happy about that) as part of a Diversity in Sport course that im doing with Armagh Council. I wonder how many will be at it after todays result.

Nigel White

I see Kenny McDowall has just resigned

T Fearon

Seriously this has been going on for three years now with no sign of improvement

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on January 19, 2015, 11:19:26 PM
Seriously this has been going on for three years now with no sign of improvement
Any other club would have been wound up long ago

Over the Bar

[Any other club would have been wound up long ago]

It was wound up.  Rangers FC is nae more.   They just started a new club in the same ground and pretended it was the old one! 

seafoid

Rangers was taken over by cowboys who didn't give a hoot about the club, what it means to supporters or sustainability. This could happen to any professional football club . It might even happen to Man Utd under the Glazers. 

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on January 20, 2015, 08:11:21 AM
Rangers was taken over by cowboys who didn't give a hoot about the club, what it means to supporters or sustainability. This could happen to any professional football club . It might even happen to Man Utd under the Glazers.

In most of the cases that I can think of where clubs went under and a phoenix arose from the ashes, the fans were the catalyst. There was no way that they were going to fall for another snake oil salesman. Supporters of Newco Rangers, on the other hand, were only too willing to take seriously the fantasies of an Arthur Daley-type with a Yorkshire accent, blithering on about not leaving until he heard Zadok the Priest ringing around Ibrox, talking of emails with the Dallas Cowboys that he will show you off camera, and turning the squaddie worship already inherent in the support up to 11.

What has happened to 'The Rangers' has no lessons for anyone else.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 20, 2015, 12:23:02 AM

It was wound up.  Rangers FC is nae more.   They just started a new club in the same ground and pretended it was the old one!
maybe in the the company registration
but is the newco nothing to do with the oldco?

this vile collection that's trying to pass for a club should be finshed off and put out of its (our) misery.

foxcommander

Top 5 clubs in scotland separated by 8 points. Who need Rangers?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

thewingedlady

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 20, 2015, 03:37:05 PM

this vile collection that's trying to pass for a club should be finshed off and put out of its (our) misery.

Isn't it funny how people see their own favoured club as something with a unique culture, sacred places, indellible memories and a special status that can't be reduced to mere legal entity, and yet when it comes to rival clubs they can be reduced to documents lodged in Companies House and sets of property deeds.

Rangers were the ugly beast that got their comeuppance and I've no sympathy for them however if the company now operating Celtic FC were liquidated don't even pretend that you would accept that the new club is completely distinct and separate from the history, traditions and culture of the old club.

That was funny when the whole Sevco thing first started but has become a little tiresome, IMO.

deiseach

Quote from: thewingedlady on January 20, 2015, 03:51:49 PM
Isn't it funny how people see their own favoured club as something with a unique culture, sacred places, indellible memories and a special status that can't be reduced to mere legal entity, and yet when it comes to rival clubs they can be reduced to documents lodged in Companies House and sets of property deeds.

Rangers were the ugly beast that got their comeuppance and I've no sympathy for them however if the company now operating Celtic FC were liquidated don't even pretend that you would accept that the new club is completely distinct and separate from the history, traditions and culture of the old club.

That was funny when the whole Sevco thing first started but has become a little tiresome, IMO.

I'm sure you are right that if the roles were reversed Celtic fans would be claiming the club was different to the company yadda yadda yadda. But that isn't where we are, and while obviously Sevco are where all Rangers fans switched their allegiances, that doesn't make it anything other than a fiction that it is the same club.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: thewingedlady on January 20, 2015, 03:51:49 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 20, 2015, 03:37:05 PM

I actually would
rules are rules and im quite pedantic

so never assume anything about anybody !!

that's your opinion, no one elses!!

it looked at one point when Celtic would be gone. there was going to be no alternative.