NFL Division 3 2012

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Ft we won 0-12 1-6 another good win performace not as good as last week delighted to have 4pts from 4! not sure about shine injury hopefully he's back for the next game
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Magicsponge

Tipperary 0-13 Antrim 1-13 Brilliant win away from home. 2 from 2, not bad so far.

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: ross4life on February 12, 2012, 04:04:33 PM
Ft we won 0-12 1-6 another good win performace not as good as last week delighted to have 4pts from 4! not sure about shine injury hopefully he's back for the next game

I am listening to midwest radio for the club finals in croke park and they said [possible serious kne injury. No plaer arpound him at time of injury.

Syferus

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 12, 2012, 04:13:49 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 12, 2012, 04:04:33 PM

I am listening to midwest radio for the club finals in croke park and they said [possible serious kne injury. No plaer arpound him at time of injury.

Sounds like ill-informed scare-mongering - no mention of a serious injury on Shannonside and they even interviewed Newton afterwards.

sligoman2

Ft
Sligo 4-14
Wex 1-17

Happy about the 4-14 not  about the 1-17.

Johny davey and marren outstanding.

Nice to get a win- we were ahead by 12 and fell asleep. Wexford to their credit never gave up and brought it back to three before marren completed his hat trick in the last minute

Good peeformance without kelly.
Things are looking up......
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Magicsponge

The table as things stand

Longford - 4pts
Antrim - 4pts
Roscommon - 4pts
Sligo - 2pts
Wexford - 2pts
Cavan - 0pts
Tipperary - 0pts 
Offaly - 0pts

ross4life

Another huge win with so many players missing. Our injury jinx continues Kenny,O'Gara & Shine all had to go off (thankfully I'm hearing injuries are not serious) both teams played a defensive style TBH it wasn't pretty but all that matters this time of year is grinding out results.

Offaly penalty came against the run of play & the foul seemed to take place outside the box? but our lads like last weekend showed great character to get over the line! as i already said 4pts from 4 delighted with that but the performance levels will have to improve after the break.

Our scorers Conor Devaney 0-4,Murtagh 0-2,Scally0-2,Cafferky 0-1,Heneghan 0-1 Compton 0-1 Purcell 0-1
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Benny Sweeney

Sligo will do well. They are lucky to have Kevin Walsh as manager. Great Manager!

Onlooker

Quote from: Magicsponge on February 12, 2012, 04:09:48 PM
Tipperary 0-13 Antrim 1-13 Brilliant win away from home. 2 from 2, not bad so far.
Antrim were the better team today and definitely deserved to win and looked like winning by more until Tipp rallied in the last 15 minutes.  I was very disappointed with Tipp's display and it will now be a real struggle to avoid relegation.  Promotion hopes are now gone, but really we would have no business in Div. 2 the way we played today.  Referee gave out a load of yellow cards in a game where there was not a single bad foul and was played in excellent spirit.  He was another one of those ego trip referees who see themselves as the star of the show with the players  mere supporting acts.  You would certainly be tempted to tell him where to put his whistle!!!.  Antrim to get promoted and Tipp to just about avoid relegation is my forecast.

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on February 12, 2012, 05:05:17 PM
Another huge win with so many players missing. Our injury jinx continues Kenny,O'Gara & Shine all had to go off (thankfully I'm hearing injuries are not serious) both teams played a defensive style TBH it wasn't pretty but all that matters this time of year is grinding out results.

Offaly penalty came against the run of play & the foul seemed to take place outside the box? but our lads like last weekend showed great character to get over the line! as i already said 4pts from 4 delighted with that but the performance levels will have to improve after the break.

Our scorers Conor Devaney 0-4,Murtagh 0-2,Scally0-2,Cafferky 0-1,Heneghan 0-1 Compton 0-1 Purcell 0-1

The one really good thing so far has been how dispersed our scorers have been, we're starting to move on from the days were Donie or Senan had to carry the entire load.

Devanney's easily been one of our most impressive players so far, he's looking fast and sharp with and without the ball.

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 12, 2012, 09:12:45 PM
Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 12, 2012, 05:28:52 PM
Sligo will do well. They are lucky to have Kevin Walsh as manager. Great Manager!
Elaborate please, that was our first competitive win today since antrim last yr and that was our only win last yr, so hes a great manager with 2 wins in 20 matches :D

I dont know what your expecting in Sligo, but Kevin Walsh is over achieving with you. Sligo with only 2-3 Connacht titles should be by rights a Division 4 team playig the likes of Kilkenny, Carlow etc. I would love to have Kevin Walsh in charge of Ros!

Syferus

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 12, 2012, 09:39:28 PM
Elaborate please, that was our first competitive win today since antrim last yr and that was our only win last yr, so hes a great manager with 2 wins in 20 matches :D

I dont know what your expecting in Sligo, but Kevin Walsh is over achieving with you. Sligo with only 2-3 Connacht titles should be by rights a Division 4 team playig the likes of Kilkenny, Carlow etc. I would love to have Kevin Walsh in charge of Ros!

Pass the spliff, mate!

This is the most talented Sligo panel ever assembled and they've took perhaps 19 months to recover from the 2010 Connacht final. Players have to accept blame, but so does management. Walsh has alot left to prove to live up to the words you're bestowing on him.

BallyhaiseMan

What does the amount of provincial titles/All Ireland's a county have got to do with what division a team is in????
Laois for example have only 6 provincial titles,so does that mean they are a division 4 outfit,
Cavan have 39 Ulster titles and 5 All Irelands, are we a division 1 outfit?
Sligo have a very talented bunch of players with a few areas of notable weakness.
They are closer to being a division one team than they are to being a division four one in relation to football ability.
As for Kevin Walsh,when a team encounters a massive let-down  from one year to the next, 2010 to 2011 in Sligo's case,questions about the management have to asked.

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 12, 2012, 09:56:03 PM

What does the amount of provincial titles/All Ireland's a county have got to do with what division a team is in????
Laois for example have only 6 provincial titles,so does that mean they are a division 4 outfit,
Sligo have a very talented bunch of players with a few areas of notable weakness.
They are closer to being a division one team than they are to being a division four one in relation to football ability.
As for Kevin Walsh,when a team encounters a massive let-down  from one year to the next, 2010 to 2011 in Sligo's case,questions about the management have to asked.

The team has done nothing for over a hundred years in Connacht, the weakest of the provinces. Few of their best players from outside the county at the moment. Very limited players in general. Kevin Walsh is doing very well to have them in Division 3.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 12, 2012, 10:09:15 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 12, 2012, 09:56:03 PM

The team has done nothing for over a hundred years in Connacht, the weakest of the provinces. Few of their best players from outside the county at the moment. Very limited players in general. Kevin Walsh is doing very well to have them in Division 3.
The likes of

Charlie Harrison
Ross Donovan
Brendan Egan
Johnny Davey
Mark Breheny,
Alan Costello
Adrian Marren
David Kelly
Stephen Coen
Not to mention
O'Hara

are not limited players by any means, anyone who thinks they are,has absolutely no clue about the sport of Gaelic Football.
What Sligo lack,is the size/physique that many of the top teams have in abundance.