NFL Division 3 2012

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

Both sides were trying to be defensive, the difference was that Roscommon had some semblance of a clue when going forward whereas we didn't. We also made them look defensive by taking forever to get the ball into the scoring zone and allowing them all the time in the world to amble back in numbers.

Benny Sweeney

Dont get me wrong about Sligo, they dont have the best 15 in the country far from it. but every player on the Sligo team knows their role and they play with great fire and determination. cedit to walsh where credit is due.

Syferus

The winner of Longford-Roscommon will be hard pressed to not be promoted this season, it has the look of a fantastic game. If the rash of injuries in the Offaly game prove minor and we have Cregg back as expected then we'll still have some solid firepower to ally to fringe players who've shown alot in their opportunities, like Matt Scally, Brian Murtagh and Ciaran Cafferky.

Whatever Newton's been doing he's got these guys motivated and playing hard and he's highlighted that we have deeper resources than alot of people had thought. I can only dream of summer days when we will, with even a smidge of luck, have a very good panel of players to chose from.

Blowitupref

How come i can't find any relegation odds for this division?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Gutted by the Brigids loss today but the silver lining is that Senan Kilbride, Ian Kilbride (who I thought was one of the best players on the pitch today), Domincan, Mannion and whoever else Newton fancies will be on the road to Pearse Park again in two weeks. Longford's task just got a lot harder.

ross4life

St.Brigid's loss could be a blessing in disguise for Roscommon? time will tell. It's going to be hard for the lads to pick themselves up after today's disappointed & probably doesn't help having to go back to the pitch where that disappointed happened.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on February 18, 2012, 05:37:53 PM
Gutted by the Brigids loss today but the silver lining is that Senan Kilbride, Ian Kilbride (who I thought was one of the best players on the pitch today), Domincan, Mannion and whoever else Newton fancies will be on the road to Pearse Park again in two weeks. Longford's task just got a lot harder.
In all honesty apart from Domo, Mango and the Kilbrides .... who else on the St Brigid's team would be considered a County player?

Good thing is the 4 lads have 2 weeks to get over today ... and nothing like getting up on the bike again after a bad fall so maybe they'll take it all out on the Larries the next day. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 18, 2012, 09:20:44 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 18, 2012, 05:37:53 PM
In all honesty apart from Domo, Mango and the Kilbrides .... who else on the St Brigid's team would be considered a County player?

Good thing is the 4 lads have 2 weeks to get over today ... and nothing like getting up on the bike again after a bad fall so maybe they'll take it all out on the Larries the next day. ;D

Don't think any others would be starts, at least not at first. Niall Grehan, Cathal McHugh, Darren Dolan and the Sheehys are all young players who could turn up something very worth-while for the county team and Darragh Donnelly is a solid, experienced back who is hardly old himself. Especially with all the injuries we have I wouldn't be surprised to see a super-sized Brigids contingent on the panel in two weeks time, Fergie's biggest selection weaknesses was probably not mining the ore in Kiltoom a bit better because we're still not sure about many of those players' capabilities at inter-county level.

Rossfan

Cathal McHugh , Donnelly and Robbie Kelly were on the panel some years ago and obviously hadn't the required ability.
Niall Grehan is the same age as Cathal Cregg and Enda Kenny so if he had anything to offer he'd be there by now.
Darren Dolan had been looking like he might have something to offer but I remain to be convinced.
Team next day? Claff, Seanie Collins Domo, Purcell Daly Ian K, Finn Higgins , Keenan Donie(if fit) Cregg   , Conor Senan and Ger? ,
Mannion and hopefully Carty as first 2 subs.
Or will all U21s be excused as they prepare for the Championship game v Galway ( or Laythrum)?

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2012, 04:31:02 PM
Cathal McHugh , Donnelly and Robbie Kelly were on the panel some years ago and obviously hadn't the required ability.
Niall Grehan is the same age as Cathal Cregg and Enda Kenny so if he had anything to offer he'd be there by now.
Darren Dolan had been looking like he might have something to offer but I remain to be convinced.
Team next day? Claff, Seanie Collins Domo, Purcell Daly Ian K, Finn Higgins , Keenan Donie(if fit) Cregg   , Conor Senan and Ger? ,
Mannion and hopefully Carty as first 2 subs.
Or will all U21s be excused as they prepare for the Championship game v Galway ( or Laythrum)?

Darren Dolan Eoin Sheehy are two that will probably be given a chance for the seniors in the years ahead. Our U-21s play the winners of Mayo/Galway on the 21st of March.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

You're right as usual Ross4life.
A Wed night in Kiltoom I believe.

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2012, 05:07:24 PM
You're right as usual Ross4life.
A Wed night in Kiltoom I believe.

Kiltoom indeed but throw in TBC remember we beat Mayo on a Wednesday afternoon a few years ago.

Syferus

Just because a player hasn't featured previously or wasn't up to it before doesn't mean you should disregard players. Having two long runs in the club championship has brought on alot of this Brigids team and they're all far fitter and naturally more focused than they were  a couple years ago.

We don't have the luxury of throwing 20-25 year olds on the scrap heap like that, especially from a club as consistently good as Brigids. Almost all of them are worth bringing into the fold so they can prove their worth or lack thereof.

Rossfan

I don't think most of them would be any improvement on what we have already.
Also Brigids were a better team during 201-11 campaign than they were in the 2011-12 campaign.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 20, 2012, 02:09:45 PM
I don't think most of them would be any improvement on what we have already.
Also Brigids were a better team during 201-11 campaign than they were in the 2011-12 campaign.

No. They preformed better.

Maybe the non-county players had accumulated some mental fatigue from the almost back-to-back seasons but they've learnt alot from these runs and held their nerve on big ocassions. Brigids have alot of scope for being an even better team after they recover from this loss. It'll be hard to put a third run on the trot together but I can definitely see Brigids being very close to Croke Park again in the not too distant future.