NFL Division 3 2012

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This Years Model

Quote from: LaurelEye on February 10, 2012, 01:13:45 PM
Two changes to the Longford team for tomorrow night - Dermot Brady replaces Peter Foy at corner-back, and Niall Mulligan replaces Paul Kelly, who is still injured.

Damian Sheridan; Dermot Brady, Barry Gilleran, Declan Reilly; Shane Mulligan, Michael Quinn, Colm P Smyth; Bernard McElvaney, John Keegan; David Barden, Paul Barden, Niall Mulligan; Robbie Smyth, Seán McCormack, JJ Matthews.

Is that the boy who lined out at corner-forward for the U-21s in last year's Leinster Final, while still a minor? Some talent ...

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on February 10, 2012, 05:49:32 PM
Two changes for ourselves Dineen,Darren McDermott added to the long injury list G Claffey; S McDermott, N Collins, S Ormsby; S Purcell, N Daly, C Cafferky; M Finneran, K Higgins; D Keenan, D Shine, J Rogers; C Devanney, G Heneghan, D O'Gara. Good to see Cafferky given his senior chance has been doing well at U-21 level & O'Gara is unlikey to play at 15 maybe will swap with Shine. Best of luck to Des & the team.

Sad to see Darren Mc pick up an injury given his history but at least it doesn't appear to be serious - Newton seemed to intimate in the paper that he'd be available as a sub if needed. O'Gara is a fantastic guy to be able to draft in, though, if he gets a run of fitness this season he'll do alot of damage to whoever we play.

Bad luck for Dineen too, he looked better than he perhaps ever had against Tipp.

LaurelEye

Quote from: This Years Model on February 10, 2012, 09:55:21 PM
Quote from: LaurelEye on February 10, 2012, 01:13:45 PM
Two changes to the Longford team for tomorrow night - Dermot Brady replaces Peter Foy at corner-back, and Niall Mulligan replaces Paul Kelly, who is still injured.

Damian Sheridan; Dermot Brady, Barry Gilleran, Declan Reilly; Shane Mulligan, Michael Quinn, Colm P Smyth; Bernard McElvaney, John Keegan; David Barden, Paul Barden, Niall Mulligan; Robbie Smyth, Seán McCormack, JJ Matthews.

Is that the boy who lined out at corner-forward for the U-21s in last year's Leinster Final, while still a minor? Some talent ...

Wires slightly crossed. He was a corner-forward in that match but is a bit older than that (over 21 this year). Smyth, who played in the other corner in the final, was still a minor at the time, as was James McGivney, who came on as a sub last Sunday and played championship at all three grades last year.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

ross4life

HT Cavan 0-4 Longford 0-3 low scoring but the guys on http://www.northernsound.ie/ are saying it's a cracking game.

It finished Cavan 0-7 Longford 0-10 the larries will be delighted with 4pts from 4.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Billys Boots

QuoteIt finished Cavan 0-7 Longford 0-10 the larries will be delighted with 4pts from 4.

We'll take that alright - wasn't there but it looks like we had a decent last quarter.  I presume we'll have a report from Laureleye in the next while. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rossfan

Hope Seanie J hasnt signed a long lease for that house in Straffan  :D
What's the odds on Andrews being gone before Round 3?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 11, 2012, 09:08:01 PM
QuoteIt finished Cavan 0-7 Longford 0-10 the larries will be delighted with 4pts from 4.

We'll take that alright - wasn't there but it looks like we had a decent last quarter.  I presume we'll have a report from Laureleye in the next while.

I'm afraid I was otherwise engaged, Billy. The half-parishers seem to have made a decent contribution.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

Ah shure I'd say we'll get a half-story from the locals at some stage.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

By all accounts a half decent match. I couldnt make it ayther.

BallyhaiseMan

f***king pathetic from Cavan.
I take back what i said about all teams in this division being equal.

There is  (in no particular order)
Wexford
Longford
Rossies
Tipp
Biffos
Antrim
Sligo

Then in the basement....

Cavan

Division 4, here we come.
I'm, sure the lads will enjoy their trips to Ruislip and Urlingford next year.
They might even give Kilkenny their 3rd win in 50 years in 2013 aswell.

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on February 12, 2012, 03:35:45 AM
I'm going to be very honest here, lads, I don't understand why we are ranked so low in this division. We got a hiding in most matches last year but Div 3 to Div 2 is a massive jump. We tanked most of these teams 2 years ago.

Longford, Roscommon and Wexford are leaps better now than they were in 2010 and if they all play to form that's more than enough to block the passage of anyone else. Antrim can scalp someone, sure, but it's hard to rank them above those three.

ross4life

Ht offaly 5 roscommon 5 all our points from play & our injury jinx strikes again after losing rogers,o'gara,kenny
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

sligoman2

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ross4life

Offaly penalty 1-6 to 0-9  donie shine is added to the injury list

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: ross4life on February 12, 2012, 03:38:55 PM
Offaly penalty 1-6 to 0-9  donie shine is added to the injury list

Heard is serious knee injury?