Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Do kildare have many other dual players ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Shamrock Shore

The auld hurling story was brought to your attention a few weeks ago on this thread by myself. If it happens it will be a bad day for all concerned!

Donnellys Hollow

Is this the article that has generated all this talk and rumour today?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/hurling-runout-set-to-give-johnston-lilies-green-light-3152607.html

If so, it looks like a crock of sh*te to me.

QuoteCoill Dubh face Eire Og Corrachoill in Clane at 4.0 on Saturday in the second of two preliminary-round fixtures down for decision at the venue.

And an appearance by the former Cavan footballer would clear him to play for Kieran McGeeney's side against Meath in their Leinster SFC semi-final clash in Croke Park the following day.

Tell us something we don't know. This was known weeks ago. See the posts on this thread from 24 May where the first mention of Coill Dubh v Éire Óg/Corra Choill was made. It just reads like lazy journalism from some hack who needed to fill a few column inches.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

heffo

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 28, 2012, 02:44:39 PM
The auld hurling story was brought to your attention a few weeks ago on this thread by myself.

It was alright Shamrock - get up the yard!

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=20986.1155

sheamy

Quote from: Ard-Rí on June 28, 2012, 02:11:35 PM
Kildare for Sam 2012.

With Seanie on board they can capture Liam as well maybe in 2013.

Shamrock Shore

heffo

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: heffo on June 28, 2012, 08:55:23 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 28, 2012, 02:52:14 PM

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/hurling-runout-set-to-give-johnston-lilies-green-light-3152607.html

I'm told again he'll feature Saturday.

Tommy Callaghan of the Leinster Leader seems to think it will go ahead too. Crazy carry on. If he does feature it is completely taking the piss.

mup

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 28, 2012, 09:03:00 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 28, 2012, 08:55:23 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 28, 2012, 02:52:14 PM

I'm told again he'll feature Saturday.

Tommy Callaghan of the Leinster Leader seems to think it will go ahead too. Crazy carry on. If he does feature it is completely taking the piss.

Agreed yes. But that situation wouldn't have arose if the CCCC hadn't taken the piss in the first place.

mylestheslasher

It would make a mockery of that hurling team if this goes ahead. How much lower are kildare willing to sink to facilitate this rotten transfer.

mup

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 28, 2012, 09:28:06 PM
It would make a mockery of that hurling team if this goes ahead. How much lower are kildare willing to sink to facilitate this rotten transfer.

As low as the CCCC did when the transfer was delayed to coincide with St Kevins championship game. As a matter of interest why do you consider it low? Does it go against the rules of the GAA?

FFS the rule is only a few shorts months old and despite the so called expertise within the organisation they failed to see a possible loophole when implementing the rule. Who are the real fools in all of this?

I don't expect you to agree with me but I'm just throwing ot out there. Loopholes have been used before - ask Frank Murphy.

mylestheslasher

I consider it low because this hurling team have I presume been training for this game all year and I guess there are players fighting for their place and it seems they are going to gift a place on their team to a mercenary who hasn't put one minute into their cause, just to keep mcgeeney happy. That is a sad state of affairs if true and I'd be disgusted if it happened in cavan no matter who the player in question is.

mup

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 28, 2012, 09:47:48 PM
I consider it low because this hurling team have I presume been training for this game all year and I guess there are players fighting for their place and it seems they are going to gift a place on their team to a mercenary who hasn't put one minute into their cause, just to keep mcgeeney happy. That is a sad state of affairs if true and I'd be disgusted if it happened in cavan no matter who the player in question is.

I can't argue with your point. Its an awful pity its coming to this. But if this does happen I'm sure Coill Dubhs team and management have agreed.

Donnellys Hollow

On the plus side it's great to see such nationwide publicity surrounding the start of the hurling championship. I just can't see Seanie having enough of an impact to wrest the Sean Carey Cup away from Celbridge and deny them a famous four in a row. They looked in fine fettle against Ardclough in the league final in Clane last week.

Denn Forever

Does he not just have be on the field of play for 2 or 3 minutes? Easy enough done I'd say.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...