Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

This watershed moment may well come to be known as the "holiday home rule" Some of the counties most likely to benefit include Donegal and Sligo.  A simple surfing holiday can technically get you a transfer.*

*Its important to point out that 99 % of GAA players would never be surfers.  Water is way too cold.     

orangeman

In the middle of all of this let's not forget that this is not ALL Seanie's doing and let's not reserve ALL of the criticism for the way Seanie had conducted himself throughout this debacle.

Let's not forget about the input the manager, the county board officials and the significant role the KDBTSC ( Kildare Disaffected But Talented County Sub Committee ) have had in all of this.

Seanie couldn't have got this transfer through without the encouragment of the above named.

Plus he couldn't have got his ass on those nice Recaro seats in Croke Park on league finals day without having been invited in.

Let's not forget the weak county board officials who knew fine well that this transfer was a bogus one and who just went along with it as a means to an end and did and said what was necesary to get it through.

The manager, the county board officials and the KDBTSC ( Kildare Disaffected But Talented County Sub Committee ) must feel that they've done a great job and maybe allowed themselves a wee celebratory drink last night.

Congratulations and well done to all.

andoireabu

Would he start for Kildare? And is there pressure on McGeeney now to stick with him after all the fuss?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Jinxy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 25, 2012, 12:57:08 AM
Quote from: ludermor on May 24, 2012, 12:31:47 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 24, 2012, 11:45:00 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 22, 2012, 12:25:57 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 24, 2012, 11:23:38 PM
The brother spent last weekend in Belturbet visiting the in-laws. As he expected, there was plenty of talk about Seanie and Val and everybody, including his 90 plus mother-in-law had taken sides.
He was quite surprised at the number who backed Seanie. He claims everyone he spoke to reckoned Val was a total waste of space or worse.
Seanie got plenty of stick alright but nobody he talked to reckoned Val was up to it.

According to what he was told, Seanie and a few other players used Twitter to chat amongst themselves and in the process gave their opinions of Val and his management style.
Apparently, Val became aware of what was being posted about him and got to read the comments. Seems he wasn't too impressed.
The rest as they say is history.

I have no way of telling whether this really happened or not but I know a few of the buckos the bro met up with and they are all sound GAA men. Rory's supporters, the lot of them.
What has surprised me is that none of the Cavan lads on here have brought this story up to date. I'm not saying I know it's the truth but I'd bet that those who mentioned it to my brother did so in good faith.

Seriously, are you all just arguing for the sake of arguing even I who couldn't give a shit anymore about this saga remember the above allegation.

Hah???
I take it that's not directed at me personally but rather to the individuals here with a constipation of ideas and a diarrhoea of expression who are giving it welly.
I am a retired individual so I just don't have the time to sit my my keyboard all day. ;D
Pretty sure it was aimed at the people who said they didnt hear about the online allegations

Ah, sure I know damn well it was.
I'm just trying to give Jinxy a hand to make a hundred pager out of this topic since the Ballagh one fizzled out. The Rossies have no fight left in them at all. ;D

They're nearly as bad as the Tyrone crowd.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

Quote from: rrhf on May 25, 2012, 03:04:46 PM
This watershed moment may well come to be known as the "holiday home rule" Some of the counties most likely to benefit include Donegal and Sligo.  A simple surfing holiday can technically get you a transfer.*

*Its important to point out that 99 % of GAA players would never be surfers.  Water is way too cold.   

Balax. The Washingbay would've cleaned up the talent years ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mup

Everyone shhhhhhhhhhh. Let he of Croke Park Committee have his say. He's mad to get it.

Go ahead heffo... ;D

mylestheslasher

Are you called mup because you're too thick to spell Muppet?

mup

Depends. Only if you're too thick to spell mylestheslasherisaw***er  :P

heffo

Quote from: mup on May 25, 2012, 05:44:51 PM
Everyone shhhhhhhhhhh. Let he of Croke Park Committee have his say. He's mad to get it.

Go ahead heffo... ;D

I believe I've had my say since day one and have been fairly spot on.

It's regrettable you're unable to discuss your point and try to drag the discussion down to a juvenile level.

mup

Jeez man wheres your sense of humour?

But in fairness you're bursting to tell someone so you might as well spit it out now.

heffo

Quote from: mup on May 25, 2012, 10:05:59 PM
Jeez man wheres your sense of humour?

But in fairness you're bursting to tell someone so you might as well spit it out now.

I'm not bursting to tell anyone.

I'm sure it will come out in due course.

Ps - it's not 'Croke Park committees it's 'Central' committees.

mup

Well your two posts up above tell me otherwise.

If you do happen to be a member of one of those committees then I don't think its right that you should be broadcasting what you on a website. In fact its wrong that you know at all to be honest given that you claim not to be a member of the CCCC. As the bould Hamlet might say 'Something is rotten in the GAA'. Or something similar.

heffo

Quote from: mup on May 25, 2012, 10:17:55 PM
If you do happen to be a member of one of those committees then I don't think its right that you should be broadcasting what you on a website.

Come again? Speaka the English?

Wildweasel74

of course he start if fit, been outta county training along time and couldnt be anywhere near the fitness required at present, but hes a serious threat at corner forward from what i seen of him playing on what was a bad cavan team in recent times, having played kildare 3 or 4 times in the few years they rdepend alot on johnny doyle and james cav, so am not sure why people think hes not good enough to start. might as well keep this thread rolling to the 100 mark and call it a day, question now asked is why the transfer was delayed in the first place?

big balla

Quote from: Bingo on May 25, 2012, 02:55:07 PM
Quote from: Stevie g 8 on May 25, 2012, 02:03:00 PM
Seanie Johnston going back with Cavan was never going to happen,why would he,he got no support from the players at the time when he was treated appallingly by management.he carried them on his own for years and he got treated like that.better off well away

Where did he carry them to? Was he driving the bus?

Maybe the fact that the players never even whimpered tells its own tale.

How exactly did he carry Cavan? By heading to America for the summer and skipping the qualifiers a few years back?