Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 22, 2012, 12:25:57 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 24, 2012, 11:23:38 PM
The brother spent last weekend in Belturbet visiting the in-laws. As he expected, there was plenty of talk about Seanie and Val and everybody, including his 90 plus mother-in-law had taken sides.
He was quite surprised at the number who backed Seanie. He claims everyone he spoke to reckoned Val was a total waste of space or worse.
Seanie got plenty of stick alright but nobody he talked to reckoned Val was up to it.

According to what he was told, Seanie and a few other players used Twitter to chat amongst themselves and in the process gave their opinions of Val and his management style.
Apparently, Val became aware of what was being posted about him and got to read the comments. Seems he wasn't too impressed.
The rest as they say is history.

I have no way of telling whether this really happened or not but I know a few of the buckos the bro met up with and they are all sound GAA men. Rory's supporters, the lot of them.
What has surprised me is that none of the Cavan lads on here have brought this story up to date. I'm not saying I know it's the truth but I'd bet that those who mentioned it to my brother did so in good faith.

Seriously, are you all just arguing for the sake of arguing even I who couldn't give a shit anymore about this saga remember the above allegation.

Hah???
I take it that's not directed at me personally but rather to the individuals here with a constipation of ideas and a diarrhoea of expression who are giving it welly.
I am a retired individual so I just don't have the time to sit my my keyboard all day. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

screenexile

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on May 24, 2012, 11:31:26 AM
Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 10:19:25 AM
Quote from: LilySavage on May 24, 2012, 10:14:25 AM
I dont believe there was as much of an outcry when Larry Tompkins, the greatest footballer of his era, transferred to Cork after he fell out with Kildare Co Board?

By that stage he had already won a hatful of New York County championships with Donegal - hardly the same as this situation.

As for transfers in Dublin, the day the Dublin footballers develop a transfer policy such as the one McGeeney has I'll keep schtum. Until then I'm perfectly entitled to voice my opinion, just as you can defend the policy.

How is it different, Tompkins and Fahy playing for a county at the far end of the country? I don't remember anyone saying that Cork's two All-Irelands were tainted, or that the team contravened the ethos of the GAA.
Btw, I assume you boycotted Dublin games when Brian Murphy was on the panel?

What a load of crap!

For one thing communication at that stage was useless and their certainly were no discussion boards for ordinary GAA folk to air their views on that occasion. Just because you can name other examples of this same thing happening doesn't mean that all cases were wrong!!!

The whole thing is a farce and Seanie Johnston needs to look at his behaviour in the first place. I would imagine he would have had to do something pretty drastic for Andrews to kick him off the panel when he's in his prime. Ultimately Andrews has paid the ultimate penalty and still even the current Cavan manager won't have him back. . . surely that says it all about the whole affair??!!

Canalman

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on May 24, 2012, 11:31:26 AM
Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 10:19:25 AM
Quote from: LilySavage on May 24, 2012, 10:14:25 AM
I dont believe there was as much of an outcry when Larry Tompkins, the greatest footballer of his era, transferred to Cork after he fell out with Kildare Co Board?

By that stage he had already won a hatful of New York County championships with Donegal - hardly the same as this situation.

As for transfers in Dublin, the day the Dublin footballers develop a transfer policy such as the one McGeeney has I'll keep schtum. Until then I'm perfectly entitled to voice my opinion, just as you can defend the policy.

How is it different, Tompkins and Fahy playing for a county at the far end of the country? I don't remember anyone saying that Cork's two All-Irelands were tainted, or that the team contravened the ethos of the GAA.
Btw, I assume you boycotted Dublin games when Brian Murphy was on the panel?

Afaik the reason Brian Murphy played for the Dubs was because he played underage for a Dublin team............ I think it was a vocational schools team. Think he was a Kerry guy.

Not too pushed either way on the SJ case.......... matter imo solely for Kildare GAA people to make their own minds up on. Up to 2/3 years ago Kildare underage teams were top notch but seem somehow to have fallen back a tad.
Big big year ahead for McGeaney and Kildare.

Rawhide

Quote from: Rawhide on May 19, 2012, 11:23:52 PM
This will be a doddle for Johnston at the DRA. Johnston will be able to demonstrate how the GAA on many occasions in the past has allowed transfers like this to go through.

As predicted, Regardless of your opinion on this, emotions are irrelevant, its about the rules. IMO members of the CCC should be suspended for abusing their power, and discriminating against a player who infact met the criteria with ease. This was a black and white easy call that showed how corrupt some parts of the GAA can be.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Stevie g 8

Justice at last,f**k the begrudgers.glad he kept appealing it  and didn't quit when the losers on the cccc denied him the opportunity to play.i suppose it became a matter of principle

orangeman

Quote from: Rawhide on May 24, 2012, 12:06:07 PM
Quote from: Rawhide on May 19, 2012, 11:23:52 PM
This will be a doddle for Johnston at the DRA. Johnston will be able to demonstrate how the GAA on many occasions in the past has allowed transfers like this to go through.

As predicted, Regardless of your opinion on this, emotions are irrelevant, its about the rules. IMO members of the CCC should be suspended for abusing their power, and discriminating against a player who infact met the criteria with ease. This was a black and white easy call that showed how corrupt some parts of the GAA can be.

Meanwhile back in a hotel somewhere in Kildare, the  KDBTSC ( Kildare Disaffected But Talented County Sub Committee ) are lining up their next big signing.

We're going well now.

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on May 24, 2012, 11:14:43 AM
I hope your committee is more adept Heffo (btw, did Dinny refresh your memory ok?)  ;D

Come again??

shezam

Tommy Callaghan ‏@TommyCallaghan1
Seanie Johnston finally gets his move. Now await next developments but playing another round of SFC will not be one of these developments

mylestheslasher

The result of this episode is a bad result for the GAA in general as it sets a precedent that any player who is annoyed he is not getting selected can manufacture a transfer to another county. Indeed any player who just decides they want to improve their chances of winning something can move onto a new county. Sean Johnson can now move back to Cavan Town to live and continue to play with Kildare. The rules to stop this sort of abuse of the GAA should be tightened in some way but granted that will not be easily done.

As for Sean Johnson, good riddance I say. Let him go glory hunting but any medal he wins will mean nothing because no true sportsman likes mercenaries like him. It is sad that a great GAA county like Kildare have got themselves involved in this type of thing. I have always had great time for Kildare and their supporters. However, I hope they win nothing and that Johnson wins nothing and good luck to him living with the legacy that no other Cavan player in the history of our proud GAA heritage had ever had to live with – that of a turn coat. He's not fit to be mentioned in the same breath as any of our greats. I many ways I'm glad it's over and we get rid of this negative influence out of Cavan football.

AZOffaly

Cavan Gaels seem okay with it.

Cavan Gaels GAA ‏@cavangaelsGFC

Cavan Gaels would like to wish Sean Johnston the best of luck,he has being a great servant to our great club for many years.

ludermor

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 24, 2012, 11:45:00 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 22, 2012, 12:25:57 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 24, 2012, 11:23:38 PM
The brother spent last weekend in Belturbet visiting the in-laws. As he expected, there was plenty of talk about Seanie and Val and everybody, including his 90 plus mother-in-law had taken sides.
He was quite surprised at the number who backed Seanie. He claims everyone he spoke to reckoned Val was a total waste of space or worse.
Seanie got plenty of stick alright but nobody he talked to reckoned Val was up to it.

According to what he was told, Seanie and a few other players used Twitter to chat amongst themselves and in the process gave their opinions of Val and his management style.
Apparently, Val became aware of what was being posted about him and got to read the comments. Seems he wasn't too impressed.
The rest as they say is history.

I have no way of telling whether this really happened or not but I know a few of the buckos the bro met up with and they are all sound GAA men. Rory's supporters, the lot of them.
What has surprised me is that none of the Cavan lads on here have brought this story up to date. I'm not saying I know it's the truth but I'd bet that those who mentioned it to my brother did so in good faith.

Seriously, are you all just arguing for the sake of arguing even I who couldn't give a shit anymore about this saga remember the above allegation.

Hah???
I take it that's not directed at me personally but rather to the individuals here with a constipation of ideas and a diarrhoea of expression who are giving it welly.
I am a retired individual so I just don't have the time to sit my my keyboard all day. ;D
Pretty sure it was aimed at the people who said they didnt hear about the online allegations

Donnellys Hollow

Not a good day for Kildare football.

No individual is bigger than Kildare football - be they Johnston or McGeeney.

I hope the clubs stand their ground on this one and not allow the second round of the county championship to be rescheduled. I know in my own club 5 of our senior panel are off to the States within the next week and a few more are off to Europe for the soccer. Why should the clubs suffer just to accomodate Johnston?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

DH, heffo was saying that he could play hurling to become eligible. Is there hurling scheduled?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2012, 12:33:15 PM
DH, heffo was saying that he could play hurling to become eligible. Is there hurling scheduled?

Coill Dubh v Éire Óg/Corrchoill on 30 June.

I can't see a proud hurling club like Coill Dubh agreeing to that to be honest. The whole thing has been a joke from day one but that would just top the lot if he came on in that for the last 30 seconds.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 24, 2012, 12:39:03 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2012, 12:33:15 PM

Coill Dubh v Éire Óg/Corrchoill on 30 June.

I can't see a proud hurling club like Coill Dubh agreeing to that to be honest. The whole thing has been a joke from day one but that would just top the lot if he came on in that for the last 30 seconds.

But then he'd miss the Offaly game :D