Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: haranguerer on May 04, 2012, 02:09:09 PM
no-one at the highest level then eddie, is that ok??

Come on - lets see your proposal on how this should be handled instead of just knocking everyone elses!!!!

haranguerer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 04, 2012, 03:41:01 PM
Come on - lets see your proposal on how this should be handled instead of just knocking everyone elses!!!!

:D Are you serious? You mean theres been proposals on how this should be handled and I've been knocking them???

By my count, theres two proposals:

(1) Let him play for Kildare
(2) Dont let him play for Kildare.

I'll go along with the first one.

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on May 04, 2012, 03:57:47 PM

:D Are you serious? You mean theres been proposals on how this should be handled and I've been knocking them???

Fierce implications for letting contrived transfers like this through though...what if Gilroy steps down this year, Jim Gavin takes over and decides he'll welcome anyone who wants to play for Dublin?

Far more money and apartments floating around Dublin than other counties and it would be very easy to entice players to play for us..

haranguerer

Quote from: heffo on May 04, 2012, 04:01:21 PM

Fierce implications for letting contrived transfers like this through though...what if Gilroy steps down this year, Jim Gavin takes over and decides he'll welcome anyone who wants to play for Dublin?

Far more money and apartments floating around Dublin than other counties and it would be very easy to entice players to play for us..

Quote from: haranguerer on May 04, 2012, 01:47:12 PM
the doomsday scenarios you and others are coming up with are already pretty much allowed.

Can you really not think of any reason why they havent happened, and are unlikely to happen, as long as the actual only real 'ethos' of the GAA remains in place? Perhaps you'd be better pursuing the travesty of breaches of that, than getting worked up about the transfer of a player you have said good riddance to a long time ago.

Well then you're getting into a whole other issue Heffo, as referrred to earlier, above. Contrived transfers wont become an issue unless there is payment, and in that case, that would be a much more pressing issue to deal with.

rodney trotter

Jinxie or Jinxy whatever it is.. if that is you under the name Jinxie on hoganstand posting on the Cavan page on hogandstand about Johnston than you are bloody obsessed with the man.. Ask him out or just visit him in staffan and discuss the whole transfer and go off on a wee rant :-*

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on May 04, 2012, 04:08:50 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 04, 2012, 04:01:21 PM

Quote from: haranguerer on May 04, 2012, 01:47:12 PM
the doomsday scenarios you and others are coming up with are already pretty much allowed.

Can you really not think of any reason why they havent happened, and are unlikely to happen, as long as the actual only real 'ethos' of the GAA remains in place? Perhaps you'd be better pursuing the travesty of breaches of that, than getting worked up about the transfer of a player you have said good riddance to a long time ago.

Well then you're getting into a whole other issue Heffo, as referrred to earlier, above. Contrived transfers wont become an issue unless there is payment, and in that case, that would be a much more pressing issue to deal with.

There has already been payment in kind in other IC transfers and if you just let anyone move anywhere and other counties relax their attitudes towards it then all hell will break loose.

mylestheslasher

I've asked you a question and you won't answer it. You are a coward.

Jinxy

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 04, 2012, 05:27:38 PM
Jinxie or Jinxy whatever it is.. if that is you under the name Jinxie on hoganstand posting on the Cavan page on hogandstand about Johnston than you are bloody obsessed with the man.. Ask him out or just visit him in staffan and discuss the whole transfer and go off on a wee rant :-*

That's not me Rodney you dipstick!  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

There are many jinxies about this country

rodney trotter

Fair enough my bad, the fella on Hoganstand happened to be from Meath aswell. Ye both have a fascination with the transfer i'll give that. And this is definitely my last post on this thread,  The sooner this transfer is sorted the better.

Jinxy

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 04, 2012, 08:40:17 PM
Fair enough my bad, the fella on Hoganstand happened to be from Meath aswell. Ye both have a fascination with the transfer i'll give that. And this is definitely my last post on this thread,  The sooner this transfer is sorted the better.

Now there's a coincidence.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

haranguerer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 04, 2012, 05:45:52 PM

I've asked you a question and you won't answer it. You are a coward.

Myles, you're being a complete bollocks about this, or I suppose it may just be the case that you just are a complete bollocks and cant help it. I was more than polite earlier in saying I respected your view, but was against it but you turn round and come out with utter shite like this. Tell me, what proposals have there being?? What proposals have I knocked? Wtf are you talking about in general??! And how am I not answering by saying my proposal is to let him play for Kildare?? And what were you on about earlier when you said I pretend to be a gaa legislator?? I'm beginning to suspect you're either insane or on drugs, either way I probably shouldnt bother my arse answering you, but I'm curious as to what is going on in your head, if anything.

haranguerer

Quote from: heffo on May 04, 2012, 05:34:16 PM

There has already been payment in kind in other IC transfers and if you just let anyone move anywhere and other counties relax their attitudes towards it then all hell will break loose.

That may be, and for me that would be a much greater issue, and infintely more at odds with that great ethos we hold so dear.

It sounds like your argument is that none of these transfers should be allowed, because counties will offer players money to come play for them. But surely its the payments, which are wholly illegal, that should be clamped down on. If there are no payments, then the transfers will never become a problem.

mylestheslasher

Read my posts again. I just want you to tell me what the gaa rule governing inter county transfers should look like. The rule is not just for 1 player it must be for everyone. Now read your responses and I think its clear who the bollocks is.