Gary Speed RIP

Started by SLIGONIAN, November 27, 2011, 12:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

about time that paper went same way as news of the world

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Worker on November 27, 2011, 10:38:28 PM
about time that paper went same way as news of the world

I have never ever in my life bought a red tab. Irish news the odd time now. No real information in a paper that i can't get from the net or here!!

Makes my blood boil, i hope they are proud
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

The paper is successful because more people buy it than anything else.

Poor Gary. To get to the point when your life isn't worth continuing with - at such a young age and with so much to do - must be a very, very dark place.

Personally, I don't think it was depression but we'll probably, and hopefully, never know.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Quote from: Minder on November 27, 2011, 10:30:42 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 27, 2011, 10:24:55 PM
Shocked at the news - he was a very solid player and seemed like a true gent of the pitch.

Some disturbing news circling round Twitter at the minute about a certain newspaper that was going to run a story about him tomorrow.

Rumours of the S*n "outing" him.

You mean that this story may have led him to take his own life?

Minder

@TheSunNewspaper No truth in this story. The Sun was not investigating Gary Speed in any way.

Why would you not believe them?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Windmill abu

QuoteRumours of the S*n "outing" him.

What a terrible, cowardly post.

Starting with the word rumours so as not to be blamed with the accusation. Using an asterisk to avoid being sued by a newspaper and putting quotation marks around a life style choice which people should not be ashamed of nowadays
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Milltown Row2

To be in that position ONeill it (should this be the real reason) must have been so bad for him to do that.

But still depression is the silent killer and he was obviously depressed at the thought of being "outed" and killed himself.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

eoinbeag

Wild - there are always options - no matter how dark things look there are always options.  In todays world, anything can be dealt with.

ross4life

Quote from: BennyCake on November 27, 2011, 10:43:57 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 27, 2011, 10:30:42 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 27, 2011, 10:24:55 PM
Shocked at the news - he was a very solid player and seemed like a true gent of the pitch.

Some disturbing news circling round Twitter at the minute about a certain newspaper that was going to run a story about him tomorrow.

Rumours of the S*n "outing" him.

You mean that this story may have led him to take his own life?
Justin Fashanu case springs to mind. TBH i'd leave these type of rumours away from forums.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

Quote from: Windmill abu on November 27, 2011, 10:45:35 PM
QuoteRumours of the S*n "outing" him.

What a terrible, cowardly post.

Starting with the word rumours so as not to be blamed with the accusation. Using an asterisk to avoid being sued by a newspaper and putting quotation marks around a life style choice which people should not be ashamed of nowadays

Are you brain dead ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2011, 10:46:15 PM
To be in that position ONeill it (should this be the real reason) must have been so bad for him to do that.

But still depression is the silent killer and he was obviously depressed at the thought of being "outed" and killed himself.

I understand that but I also believe some suicides are spur of the moments.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on November 27, 2011, 10:51:14 PM

Agreed, a moment of madness.

eoinbeag

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2011, 10:52:05 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 27, 2011, 10:51:14 PM

Agreed, a moment of madness.

Disagree - I've heard of a few where the actual act has built up over a few weeks.  Buying the tool and planning the event.

thejuice

Yeah lads, leave the rumours and speculation out. Can do no good. Lets wait for the facts.

Now we don't know what lead to Garys tragic passing but if you want to understand depression. Just imagine everything that you ever cared about suddenly meant nothing to you. The disease affects the hypothalamus the gland that produces endorphin's and so no happiness or pleasure can be derived from anything. Its not like you can just snap-out-of-it. Doesn't matter how rich or successful you are, it all feels meaningless. It's a horrible disease and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Not only me but a few other relatives of mine had it too.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

SLIGONIAN

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b017m16g/606_27_11_2011/

An emotional but fantastic tribute to a legend of a person, the stories shared were inspiring. What a man. Sleep well my hero.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"