Gary Speed RIP

Started by SLIGONIAN, November 27, 2011, 12:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

totally shocked by the news. devastating for his family. RIP
nil satis nisi optimum

mc_grens

Just saw the footage of Shay Given from this afternoon. Heartbreaking stuff.

Blowitupref

Quote from: mc_grens on November 27, 2011, 07:53:18 PM
Just saw the footage of Shay Given from this afternoon. Heartbreaking stuff.

Yeah Shay couldn't hold back the tears

Terrible news RIP
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Maiden1

This just shows that depression is something that can affect anyone.  If someone like Gary Speed who to the outside world was young, fit, good looking, perfect family, no money worries ... can feel that they can't go on then there is no shame in anyone feeling depressed.

It's incredible sad, hopefully his wife and children can find a way to get through this.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

DennistheMenace

I agree re depression but how do you know this was the reason for his death?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DennistheMenace on November 27, 2011, 09:21:57 PM
I agree re depression but how do you know this was the reason for his death?

We don't, and sometimes in these cases we would never know, but you must be feeling terrible inside if you want to throw a rope up and do away with your life.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Unreal. Brilliant header of the ball. Great pro. Watched football focus yesterday and couldnt believe it when i heard it after mass today
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Orior

Sadly this high profile case could launch a large number of other similar stories.

I thought Gary had everything a man could possibly want. RIP.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

As anyone ever had depression, suffer from depression or know someone that had it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2011, 10:07:53 PM
As anyone ever had depression, suffer from depression or know someone that had it?

Everyone on here knows someone who suffers from depression, it is widespread and is a terrible silent killer. I often wonder why so much money a.d effort is spent on road deaths but most media can't even put the word suicide in their reports.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 27, 2011, 10:21:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2011, 10:07:53 PM

Everyone on here knows someone who suffers from depression, it is widespread and is a terrible silent killer. I often wonder why so much money a.d effort is spent on road deaths but most media can't even put the word suicide in their reports.

I posted that cause there seems to be a feeling that some people don't really understand depression. It dosen't matter if you have miss world in your bed and own all of China. Depression is terrible for those who suffer it or have had family that suffer it

Gabriel_Hurl

Shocked at the news - he was a very solid player and seemed like a true gent of the pitch.

Some disturbing news circling round Twitter at the minute about a certain newspaper that was going to run a story about him tomorrow.

Minder

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 27, 2011, 10:24:55 PM
Shocked at the news - he was a very solid player and seemed like a true gent of the pitch.

Some disturbing news circling round Twitter at the minute about a certain newspaper that was going to run a story about him tomorrow.

Rumours of the S*n "outing" him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Those f**kers should be shot, how many people on the board buy these red tabs?

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2011, 10:34:31 PM
Those f**kers should be shot, how many people on the board buy these red tabs?

A fair few I would imagine  if you look at their circulation.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"