Absolutely Cheated - Cavan + REF V Sligo

Started by SLIGONIAN, March 12, 2007, 09:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

I travelled on Saturday night to Cavan only to witness one of the most bias and cheating performance of ref I have ever witnessed. Now people will say I am bias towards Sligo. A cavan supporter said he would take the 2pts but he was embarrased and the ref was unfair but in the long run he did Cavan no favours because they did not deserve to win.

The fiirst half was a joke. The first thing ohara did was catch a ball in the spectaculary. But no protection after that. Ohara was getting hammered on/off the ball and then ref would give free against him. If a cavan player dived hed get a free. Frustration was building all the time. Handing frees to cavan and giving yellow cards to Sligo for every foul. D kelly constantly getting fouled on/off the ball. It was just unbelieveabvle. How many Sligo players were injured?? with no free in sight.

I thought I had seen it all M brehony getting sent off. But then Kelly got kicked off the ball on the ankle and umpire seen but never put his hand up. Our physio actyually gave out to the ref for not protecting the Sligo players and got name taken. Now for a physio to do that. We were cheated. Most of our scores came from play and we played all the football and I was quite proud the players didnt react cos I would of. Every Sligoman was of the same opinion. Couldnt believe it. Any true Gaa MAN including Cavan fans could see it. Cavan are poor but we made them look poor. REf won it for them. Take a bow M Hughes. You cheat. Any evidence just get a tape of game :-[.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Mano

I might be mistaken here but was M Hughes the referree against Westmeath in the championship last year. He sent off O'Hara when should have been Davey and sent off Doohan for a fair shoulder.

Was listening to game on radio and the boys in the studio counldn't believe the bias for Cavan

SLIGONIAN

This is only the beginning. This was a as obvious as it gets. Sligo should send letter of complaint to GAA. We deserve better treatment. All we ask for is fair chance and we didnt get that. We were cheated and only M hughes knows why he gave everything to Cavan. He was disgrace to his county, club, and the GAA. He has no intregrity
I mean a Cavan fan was embarrased what does that say..

magpie seanie

Its pretty bad when you see a man who is a referee himself running down to berate the ref at half time as I did on Saturday night. Hughes has it in for us big time. The p***k was getting us back for showing him up as a fool last year when he couldn't distinguish between tans.

BTW - can we merge this with the Sligo v. Cavan thread?

The Bottom Brick

I was at the game lads and while you may have a point about a lot of decisions not going your way, O Hara was no angel himself. he was involved in a running feud with Nicholas Walsh and - whether he was reacting to provocation or whatever - I noticed him run past Walsh and push him to the ground and push the ball into his face on the Cavan 20 in the first half as well.

Sligo should have taken something from the game (they hit the upright twice in the opening half, very unlucky) but regardless of the ref, if you can't convincingly beat a Cavan team who performed as poorly as they did on Saturday night then you have no business putting your heads up for Division Two next season.

That letter of complaint idea - get a grip man!
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

SLIGONIAN

Reason I didnt merge this with Sligo cavan thread is because I want to expose this ref for the man he is. So everyone can read the truth.
Also letter of complaint issue .point is there we are playing WEXFORD next now if a ref is going to do the eaxct same as hughes we may aswell not turn up. So I just want to know in advance before travelling for 6 hrs. Just want a guarntee of honest fair play.

The Bottom Brick

Sligonian, Sligo were actually the first team ever to get a few decisions go against them last Saturday.

Your best bet now is to be a man and whinge about it on a message board, that'll get you those two points back...

In all seriousness, the ref was shite, there are lots of them around and it all balances out at the end of the day. Cavan were dire and didn't score with their foot in the second half!! So in fairness I think the ineptitude of the Sligo team, rather than an inconsistent ref, was the real problem.

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

magpie seanie

Bottom Brick - its more than just a few decisions going against you. There is previous with this asshole Hughes and he took his revenge on Saturday night. You say O'Hara is no angel - the guy was targetted from the off and he stood up to it as he always does. Maybe if he was more like the Cavan players (lie down and roll around for the merest touch) he'd avoid the controversy he gets dragged into but if that's the correct way to do things then its a sad state of affairs.

As for getting fair play in future I'd be seriously worried about the last round of the league in Aughrim when it will probably be a loser goes down scenario. I still think we can do it but as usual we'll need to be 5 or 6 points the better team to win.

realredhandfan

This is only the beginning. This was a as obvious as it gets. Sligo should send letter of complaint to GAA. We deserve better treatment. All we ask for is fair chance and we didnt get that. We were cheated and only M hughes knows why he gave everything to Cavan. He was disgrace to his county, club, and the GAA. He has no intregrity

I think you should be man enough to put your real name up for saying something like that, if you believe your grievance is just.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 12, 2007, 09:54:32 AM
He was disgrace to his county, club, and the GAA. He has no intregrity

Easy on Sligonian, my sympathies are with you if you've been so badly sinned against by this ref, but whatever about his club, he doesn't represent me or the county.  Our own dealings with him haven't been anything to sweetly remember him by either.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Bensars

I always thought that Mr Hughes was sound.

He refereed many a club game i was involved in and never had any problems whatsoever. I know he doesnt react well
to players mouthing at him during a game ( who would).

Cant comment on the game in question, but from my perspective i  never had any difficulties

SLIGONIAN

Bottom brick... You were obviously deep down embarrased too. Me exposing the truth of what happens offends you because you know that ref won the match for yee. Im not whiniging just stating facts of what happened.

O hara was targetted as he is every game. What do you expect hiim to take take take... Very proud of Sligo players holding the heads. Our physio was very busy too.

realredhandfan

Are you backing off Sligonian, I couldnt care less but I want to know why he was a disgrace to his club, Im part of that club and I didnt even know that he was referreeing last weekend. So wtf are you ranting about? Arsehole

mylestheslasher

Sligoian - I agree that the ref was giving more 50/50 tackles/fouls to Cavan and not to Sligo. I do think you are over stating it though. The so called kick on your player in front of the umpire for example. I was right beside it and there was damn all in it. The ref looked to his umpire who shook his head to say he seen nothing (it is not true to say he seen the event and didn't report it). Your water carrier then came onto the field and verbally abused the umpire who called that to the refs attention. the ref then spoke to the water carrier about that. You also forgot to mention that Cavans paul brady scored a magnificent point in the 2nd half only for the umpire to wave it wide when it was clearly over.

Shit refs are par for the course in Div 2. We all have them - I suppose you just hope it evens out over the season. Sligos problem is that they have no forwards and an Eamonn O Hara who spends more time bitching to the ref than playing football. I still think ye can make the top 4 and possibly the top 2 with a bit of luck.

SLIGONIAN

Att red hand fan ... Not backing down, any referee who favours another team over another for whatever reason clearly has no intergrity. Fair play is all I ask and honesty this man exuding neither. I am fair true genuine Sligo fan and for him to treat our players management staff with a bias performance like that well if you wanna be associated with a cheat then its your business. Do you actually want people in the GAA like that??????? Just imagine it this happened your team and no doubt you'll say it did. Ive been to many matches but never seen anything as blatant disregard for protecting our players and he put there safety at risk. We hadnt a pray. Disgusted. And I speak for all the Sligo fans. This isnt just one lonely voice. Everyone I spoke couldnt believe it. Anyone with a trail of honesty could see it.

People say it evens out well what happened against Westmeath last year...cheated there too. Doohan and ohara both recinded after video evidence. And anyways redhand fan were you at the game????