Absolutely Cheated - Cavan + REF V Sligo

Started by SLIGONIAN, March 12, 2007, 09:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

To be honest angle I was at for that wasnt favourable so couldnt tell whether it was over. (P brady wide)

I can accept honest errors and people making honest mistakes. Saying Cavan shaded the 50/50 decisions isnt honest reflection. Yee got frees that were clearly Sligos 100/0 thats the problem.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

realredhandfan

It was you who made the association with the club that the mans affiliated to sligonian, and you still havent put your name up to stand up for what you believe in. As you know a club is a collection of members, im a member so what have I got to do with a poor refereeing display at inytercounty level.
If you had a legitmate arguement you can stand over the libellous claims you asre making.  If not then I suggest you shut your trap.
But dont bring the mans club into it or county because iLL tell you something... they had feck all to do with it. 

magpie seanie

On the P. Brady shot/wide from where I saw it the ball did turn and while I thought it was a score I couldn't tell for definite if it was a point (I was about 100 yards away I suppose). For me the telling thing was that the umpire appeared to be in a good position and was adamant it was wide. I'm surprised Hughes didn't give it as he gave a point against us that was about 6 foot wide last summer.

I don't like moaning about refs because it gets you nowhere but no-one can really defend Hughes' performance the other night. It appeared to be premeditated and a two fingers to Sligo after the crazy events of last summer (which the Sligo supporters, players and management were found to be correct about).

Over the Bar

That's it, get it all off your chest Sligonian.  Get stuck into Donaghmore as well cos they probably deserve it too  ;D

Bensars

whats this about last year.

Can someone fill me in ( if its not too long )

The Bottom Brick

QuoteVery proud of Sligo players holding the heads

O Hara didnt hold his head sure. He tripped Walsh when they were way behind the play, then pushed the ball into his face when ref was booking someone.

I admit though, Walsh is a bit of a "hard man" and needs to concentrate on playing the game. Bit like O Hara. The difference is that O Hara is undoubtedly a brilliant player.

From the stand, Brady's score was 100% perfect, it curled in sweetly and there wasn't a doubt, even the Sligo supporters said it!!! (this seems to be the way of making a point on this thread, just say "even your supportes said it!!)
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

SLIGONIAN

Relax I have nothing against tyrone or your club, its this referee. All i am saying when he referee he represents his county and club and HE let them down because every true GAA would of seen the injustice on Sat nite. Red hand he let you down too becuase everything thats is honest and true and good in the GAA went out the window on Sat.  

magpie seanie

In a nutshell - Sligo v. Westmeath in qualifiers with our friend Mr Hughes presiding. Two red cards to Sligo players (Doohan and O'Hara) overturned afterwards (one should only have been only a yellow card, other should have been a yellow card for a different player (S. Davey) but O'Hara got it because he also has a tan and ref is dying to send him off). Add to that Westmeath awarded a point that was clearly about 6 foot wide (no joke, it wasn't even close). That's Mr Hughes for you, totally incapable.

realredhandfan

Red hand he let you down too becuase everything thats is honest and true and good in the GAA went out the window on Sat. 
We are doomed, doomed I tell ye,  The referee didnt personally let me down at all,  lads I certainly dont feel let down, also for the record I dont know him personally.  I now know why Mickey Kearns thinks the Sligo lads are treacherous when it comes to referees.   

magpie seanie

QuoteI now know why Mickey Kearns thinks the Sligo lads are treacherous when it comes to referees.   

What?

stew

Sligo men yap and cry and blame the ref shocker. :'(

If the ref is as you claim incapable that does not make him a cheat or have an agenda against Sligo, it just means that he is a shite referee.

Are you all getting warmed up for the excuses we will have to endure after you bow out in the first round of the back door??????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SLIGONIAN

Im not saying he is incapable Im saying he is A CHEAT. Can it be proved well  I hear you say video of the game and every Sligo persons opininion on the game should suffice. There are reports too that radio coverage echo my sentiments that we were robbed.

Im sure if this happened any county the reaction would be the same. Guarnteed.

I can accept getting beat fairly as you would see from the SLIGO V MEATH POST so dont give me the bullshit that all we do is cry blah blah.

Sligo v westmeath back up my claims in the fact that red cards were recinded. O hara clearly has offended this guy and Sligo too to be treated this way.

realredhandfan

Over the bar'  how dare you?  ;D
SLigonian, you are beginning to sound like TUG

Bensars

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 12, 2007, 01:15:52 PM
Im not saying he is incapable Im saying he is A CHEAT. Can it be proved well  I hear you say video of the game and every Sligo persons opininion on the game should suffice. .

Now theres an argument that wouldnt be biased in any way

QuoteI can accept getting beat fairly as you would see from the SLIGO V MEATH POST so dont give me the bullshit that all we do is cry blah blah.
Sligo v westmeath back up my claims in the fact that red cards were recinded.

[/quote]
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 12, 2007, 12:12:38 PM
I can accept honest errors and people making honest mistakes. Saying Cavan shaded the 50/50 decisions isnt honest reflection. Yee got frees that were clearly Sligos 100/0 thats the problem.

No referee is going to leave the comfort of their own home, to travel to sligo, just to get one over on them.   catch yourself on. Its quite obvious
that your on a personal crusade, and to be honest, i no longer have any sympathy for you.

Ypou are starting to sound like true Ulster gael

Tissues anyone ?>

imtommygunn

Sligonian your rants are akin to Thierry Henry's after the champions league final last year. They stink of being a sore loser.

I've heard that your man isn't the greatest referee in the world right enough but do you really think he went out of his way to cheat Sligo out of a game? This man , say what you like about him, gives up his spare time to referee games. He can have his bad days and should be entitled to a bit of criticism for them but to call him a cheat and go the way you are going about it is a bit OTT.

Bad refereeing performance - by all accounts yes.
Bad referee - again by all accounts yes.
Cheat - I wouldn't have thought so.

At the end of the day and it's like other people have said if Sligo were that much better they should have put them away bad ref. or not.