Absolutely Cheated - Cavan + REF V Sligo

Started by SLIGONIAN, March 12, 2007, 09:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bottom Brick

Why did the Cavan man break his son's legs?

He had a wheelchair in the attic!  ;D

Why did the Sligo man cry like a wee girl on a message board?

That, sniff, big bully Michael Hughes had it in for him!
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

cavanmaniac

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 13, 2007, 10:41:42 AM
I was wondering why there wasnt that many from cavan at the game and theres not much else to do around there. But 15euro is a bit steep. ;D

Er yeah man, yer gas altogether. ::)

Wasn't at the game so can't comment on ref at all, but that said you do seem to be taking it just a tad personal. It is just possible that the same ref has had two successive diabolical performances in charge of a Sligo game, without it being some sort of conspiracy or personal grudge against Sligo.

Cavan have had biased refs go against them in previous games, we'll have them again, just as Sligo will get refs who give them everything and the opposition nothing in the future...

SLIGONIAN

Well Cavan maniac I hope we do get treated better in future. All I ask is for fair deal. Nothing more. I have made my argument clearly as I can. Nothing further to add. I would say Sligo football does mean alot to me so I was hurt by manner in the defeat but stand by everything I said.

I take the banter with a pinch of salt and actually laughed at some. Redhand and cavanmen some of yee are quite whitty. Funniest thing is though we all have alot in common I would say fiercely patriotic towards where we are from. Which isnt a bad thing.

Bring on Wexford, Antrim and Wicklow. May luck shine down on us.

Sligeach abu
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

I thought that was a very poor show from us last night and I think only for a generous ref we would have lost that game. Our full forward line were completely marked out of the game with sligos back line sticking to them like glue. I can't remember Pierson or Jason once getting away from their men. Saying that the ball into them in the 1st half was brutal and too slow getting in. Sligo were unlucky to be 5 down at half time. Think they hit the post 2 or 3 times. We did well in the backs in general but they had no really big FF to test Forde. Anderson was a complete disaster, his kicks had way to much height so into the wind they just sit up there waiting for Sligo men to slap them down onto the onrunning sligo forwards. He was also very indecisive on a couple of occasions and could have leaked a goal in that game. I thought Mulvey did very well when he came on. Worst player on the pitch for me was Mackey. He is completely brainless. Always taking the wrong decision, running into five defenders and over turning possesion. Stupid shot from close in for a point when he should have fisted it over. Then with a few minutes left him and johnson totally f**k up a two on one chance for a possible goal or match sealing point. He was even stupid to go running in on his own for that last point after Gallagher had done well to settle us down for a bit of keep ball at the corner flag. How he stayed on the field is a mystery to me.

In general we were a bit clueless when Sligo filtered men back. We have no plan B - a big target man at FF as I see it. Wexford seem to be back on track and they have to play us and Meath. There is a way to go yet before this promotion is earned.

Above quote:
From a CAVAN MAN MYLES THE SLASHER. Fair play, I admire your honesty.

Over the Bar

QuoteAll I ask is for fair deal

"..and what exactly have the Romans ever done for us...eh??"

cavan4ever

Hound

From another Cavanman:

Absolute BS to suggest Sligo were robbed. Sligo were lucky to not have had three players sent off for two over the top tackles, a punch and possibly a deliberate elbow on Cavan players. In the second half the referee did nothing but give Sligo handy frees and even played almost five minutes injury time when three minutes was put up on the board (there was no stoppages in between).

The referee was definately poor for both sides, but he certainly didn't cost either side the game. Sligo didn't win because they have shíte forwards, end of story.

All a matter of perspective I guess.

Bensars

Sligonian, what has emerged since this thread started has been ,

1. If you go on to much about  certain topic, people will turn against you. ( as has happened)
2. Two sides to every story. You watched the game from a sligo stand point and blamed the referee for sligo inadequacies
3. E o Hara, seems to have a history of being a mouth on the pitch ( testified by retired clubmates) so no wonder he doesnt get the rub of the green

As a matter of interest who do you rate a good referee ?

realredhandfan

and theres a good kebab house at the top of the one way street on the right. 

SLIGONIAN

To be honest I dont really focus on referees much. Dont check programme to see who reffing. I do agree that if you go on and on people turn against you which happened from the start on this thread and I am well aware of where we are inadequate too.
I know this is controversial and would spark fierce opposition. I was prepared for that. I was also expecting Cavan men to oppose because it tarnishes there victory. Westmeath fans did same last summer.
E OHara I suppose is a bit like me although I wish I was as good at football. We do whinge only when justified though. If I was on the pitch I would of ate the ref. He and I are human like the rest of yee so cut some slack. Maybe we care a little too much.  Take football too seriously I mean.

magpie seanie

Better to take it too seriously than not give a f**k at all. Keep her lit Sligonian.

cavan4ever

Well for sligo's sake i hope your players are thinking about next game and not spending 10 hours a day whinging about referees

SLIGONIAN

Thanks Seanie, Oh and you were right about K O Neill. I hold my hands up, Played very well on Saturday.

Cavan4ever I hope you are right. Next up Wexford. As I read somewhere once "Only use the past to learn from your mistakes, It is only the present moment that ever counts"

Owenmoresider

Was a disappointing loss on Saturday, especially given that Cavan were quite poor in winning the game. As regards our 'friend' Mr. Hughes, I'd echoe some of the sentiments, he's done us no favours on more than one occasion. Was actually the linesman (not the ref) who advised the ref v Westmeath that O'Hara was the guilty party, having been almost right in front of the incident.

As regards the team, would rate them fairly similiar to the above:
Greene - 7
Harrison - 8
McGuire - 7
Donovan - 7.5
J. Davey - 7
Egan - 6
McGovern - 5.5
O'Hara - 7
Horan - 6
Gallagher - 7
Breheny - 7.5
McNamara - 6
Kelly - 6.5
S. Davey - 3 (and had he got the ball more often, that probably would be 1)
O'Neill - 7.5

Quinn - 6
Sweeney - 6
McPartland - 6
Taylor - 7 (badly needed for the frees)

Seanie - must agree, Luigi certainly has issues, but the grub was good!