Absolutely Cheated - Cavan + REF V Sligo

Started by SLIGONIAN, March 12, 2007, 09:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

agree completley tommygunn.

Everyone has had bad experiences with referees at some stage.

Without them not we could not function as an organisation. As i stated earlier, i know from club games he doesnt tolerate yapping on the pitch. If o hara was yapping that may be a reason to let things go if there was any doubt, ie 50-50. ( All referrees do it)

Its one of the first things taught to under 10s. never talk back to the ref. If the rest of the sligo team are anything like yourself sligonian, you couldnt blame the man

SLIGONIAN

Ye werent at the game.. simple as that.. Yere giving yer opinions which I respect but its futile when ye wernt there..Yee didnt witness it..i understand that yee dont believe because it had to SEEN to be believed..

Point is have nothing against a bad ref when he is bad for both teams. This guy was just bad for us... You say we should of won anyway... We were better but he was so against any time we got close hed start giving more and more against us. He sent off M Brehony ffs.with 20mins left. 14 V 16.
It was 12 v 16 against westmeath.

What chance is that????????
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

The Bottom Brick

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

Over the Bar

I know Mickey Hughes personally.  He is not the vindictive type and other than being from Donaghmore there is nothing wrong with the man.  ;)

realredhandfan

:D
he has been a member of several clubs before he came to us.  I dont know the fellow personally, but these allegations are ouragaeous. 

SLIGONIAN

Lads yee werent at the game so whats the point arguing. Yee cant claim anything because yee werent there.

Jees Im sure hes a lovely fella but thats not what Im QUESTIONING.

Im questiioning his integrity as a referee and his problem with Sligo football and Eamonn o Hara!!! He cheated us.

Maybe yee could ask him how he thought he performed and what he thinks of Sligo and Eamonn oHara and then get back to me.
If he says he hates Sligo and Eamonn O Hara and blatantly gave Cavan everything would yee be man enough to post that on this message board. Jees Sligonian you were right. Well would yee?? would yee f**k

Im sure if you asked him though he wouldnt say it but there would be a awkwardness there. Defo has it in for us..

realredhandfan

I literally can picture you screaming at the keyboard.  you are the Edward Munch of the GAA Board. 

Bensars

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 12, 2007, 04:22:40 PM
Lads yee werent at the game so whats the point arguing. Yee cant claim anything because yee werent there.

Jees Im sure hes a lovely fella but thats not what Im QUESTIONING.

Im questiioning his integrity as a referee and his problem with Sligo football and Eamonn o Hara!!! He cheated us.

Maybe yee could ask him how he thought he performed and what he thinks of Sligo and Eamonn oHara and then get back to me.
If he says he hates Sligo and Eamonn O Hara and blatantly gave Cavan everything would yee be man enough to post that on this message board. Jees Sligonian you were right. Well would yee?? would yee f**k

Im sure if you asked him though he wouldnt say it but there would be a awkwardness there. Defo has it in for us..

realredhandfan

BTW theres a great Kebab house in Cavan at the top of the street,  Did any of you Sligo men ate after the game.. or was it just humble pie on the menu...  ;D

magpie seanie

Was there in time beforehand to drop into Luigi's chipper. Luigi didn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer and appeared to have some staff morale issues going on but he produced some grand chips and a cracking chicken fillet burger for me. Respect.

Just a quick question for the Tyrone ones - who refereed the 1995 All-Ireland final and was the ball on the ground.....

ExiledGael

Think it was Paddy Russell, sure the bitter Tyrone men will tell us

Bensars

the bitterness has faded.

correct it was paddy russell ! 

SLIGONIAN

Good one lads. Unfortunetly my reaction to this isnt to cry. I feel when some reacts to try wind someone up they lose the argument. Its kinda like being back in school. Hoganstandish I would say. But I got things off my chest and spoke honestly and believe in every word Ive said. ;D

This wont change my opinion on Cavan or Tyrone either or yer supporters. I like both teams and enjoyed mulligans goal against the dubs.

I still believe in this Sligo team. Showed alot heart and determination and good football. Need Mc garty, martyn and doohan back. Sligeach abu..

realredhandfan

mylestheslasher

Sligonian - I still think you are going over the top on this one. I was sitting beside a group of lads from Somewhere in Sligo who were shouting abuse at O Hara as he never stops moaning at refs. Hes been sent off twice this year already and if i was ref on Saturday he would have walked again.

I praised the Sligo fullback line previously for tight marking, but to be honest their marking was illegal. They were constantly pulling and dragging at the cavan FF line. Fair play though, corner backs live on the edge of legality. My point is that a couple of weeks ago we had a ref against Wicklow that was blowing for fouls by our Fullback line from the other end of  the field for pulling and dragging of the ball. Saturday night the same was done to us all of the 1st half at least and we didn't get one free from it. That is inconsistant refereeing. I ain't calling anyone a cheat or the like.

I also agree with the Tyrone boys on the point of verbally abusing the ref. Sligo were constantly back chatting, especially O hara. Ye probably turned the ref against you. That is managements fault to not instal that type of discipline in the team.