Author Topic: Youth teams present & past  (Read 10622 times)

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
Youth teams present & past
« on: September 15, 2011, 04:01:19 PM »
I'm trying to compile a list of youth teams that have played in Tyrone underage competitions over the years, which are a combination of two or more adult clubs or in a few cases, a club in its own right with no adult team. The latter were deemed 'independent' clubs by the county board and did exist up until some point in the 90's. Feel free to add on any already not mentioned...

Current

Naomh Mhuire - Edendork, Killyman
Naomh Padraig - Brocagh, Derrytresk
Gael Naomh Padraig - Augher, Clogher

Past

Michael Cusacks - Drumquin, Dregish (mid 2000's)
Owenkillew - Greencastle, Gortin (up until late 80's or early 90's)
Donagheady - Aughabrack, Dunnamanagh (for at least several years in the 90's until Clann na nGael was formed)
Cappagh - Killyclogher, Mountfield (Even though Mountfield folded many years ago, Killyclogher still maintain the name)
Emmetts - Fintona, Trillick (various teams in the 70's and 80's)
Shamrocks - Aghaloo, Killeeshil, Eglish (won U21 championship in the 70's - name occasionally used by a combined team from only two of the clubs)
Fr. Geaten's - Coalisland, Stewartstown, Brackaville (60's & 70's)
St. Alban's - Brackaville, Stewartstown (70's & 80's)

Independents

Glebe - based in Glebe village near Strabane. Was active at least in the late 80's.
Mourne - Strabane based team, active in early 90's.

--------

I know at one point that there was a Clonoe Parish team made up from all four clubs there, but I can't remember if it had a specific name.
"I can't be arsed any more; too much ignorance, bigotry, dogma, idiocy & retreat from reason"

winghalfback

• View Profile
Re: Youth teams present & past
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 04:08:50 PM »
I'm trying to compile a list of youth teams that have played in Tyrone underage competitions over the years, which are a combination of two or more adult clubs or in a few cases, a club in its own right with no adult team. The latter were deemed 'independent' clubs by the county board and did exist up until some point in the 90's. Feel free to add on any already not mentioned...

Current

Past

Donagheady - Aughabrack, Dunnamanagh (for at least several years in the 90's until Clann na nGael was formed)
Cappagh - Killyclogher, Mountfield (Even though Mountfield folded many years ago, Killyclogher still maintain the name)
Shamrocks - Aghaloo, Killeeshil, Eglish (won U21 championship in the 70's - name occasionally used by a combined team from only two of the clubs)

Independents

Glebe - based in Glebe village near Strabane. Was active at least in the late 80's.

--------

I know at one point that there was a Clonoe Parish team made up from all four clubs there, but I can't remember if it had a specific name.

The Clonoe parish team was called Clann Eireann they won a minor championship in 1979. Think on the team there was 13 Clonoe men 1 Derrylaughan and 1 Brocagh man on the starting 15.

Club Rossa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 04:13:25 PM »
Ardboe and Moortown amalgamated at youth level for a few short years,in the late seventies i think.

laceer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 05:23:24 PM »
AFAIK Dungannon were part of Naomh Mhuire in the late seventies

Windmill abu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 10:39:22 AM »
Ardboe and Moortown amalgamated at youth level for a few short years,in the late seventies i think.

They were known as "St. Colmans"

In more recent times most of the Ardboe team spend that much time playing soccer on Coagh United's ground they could be regarded as amalgamated with them
I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 12:24:14 PM »
eskra underage players played for augher for a period in the 90s under the team name of 'Augher Emmetts'
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

snippets

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 03:48:52 PM »
Theres an amalgamation of lads from 3 or 4 west Tyrone clubs called Errigal Ciaran.  They base themselves around Ballygawley. 
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 10:03:33 PM »
Are Michael Cussacks still not going?

Owen Roes actually formed in 1970 as an amalgamation of Dunamanagh and Leckpatrick Pearse Og.

In 1978 Aughabrack broke away to form their own club, with the Dunamanagh players breaking away to form their own Club a few years after that.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
Are Michael Cussacks still not going?

Owen Roes actually formed in 1970 as an amalgamation of Dunamanagh and Leckpatrick Pearse Og.

In 1978 Aughabrack broke away to form their own club, with the Dunamanagh players breaking away to form their own Club a few years after that.

just had a quick look at the youth section on tyronegaa.ie and drumquin seem to be fielding by themselves. worringly there's no mention of dregish at all. hopefully i'm wrong.

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 03:01:56 AM »
Clarshak I think that it might be an IT reason to why it's referred to as Drumquin not Michael Cussacks on the website. At least it was last year.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hashtag

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 04:41:50 PM »
Theres an amalgamation of lads from 3 or 4 west Tyrone clubs called Errigal Ciaran.  They base themselves around Ballygawley.

:D

Radda bout yeee

• I have a GAABoard Stalker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 04:50:06 PM »

:D

+ 1 :D

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 05:05:53 PM »
Clarshak I think that it might be an IT reason to why it's referred to as Drumquin not Michael Cussacks on the website. At least it was last year.
What I was told Norf was that MC was dissolved as Dregish and Drumquin had disagreements as to how the youth team was run and couldn't resolve them. Dregish on their own simply do not have enough youth players to field underage teams except maybe for Go Games blitzes, especially with the minimum age requirements now in place. I'm not sure whom young players in Dregish are playing for.

PS The Errigal Ciaran joke stopped being funny once people actually knew what happened there.
"I can't be arsed any more; too much ignorance, bigotry, dogma, idiocy & retreat from reason"

cadhlancian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 10:37:51 PM »

Current

Past

Independents

--------

The Clonoe parish team was called Clann Eireann they won a minor championship in 1979. Think on the team there was 13 Clonoe men 1 Derrylaughan and 1 Brocagh man on the starting 15.
Although I,m not 100% sure, I would imagine tthere was more than one derrylaughan man oin that team, seeing that they WON it on their own 2 years previoulsy and then Derrylaughan won the U21 by a cricket store in 1981.Clonoe were actually fairly average around that time, I will try and find out more!

winghalfback

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »

Current

Past

Independents

--------

Although I,m not 100% sure, I would imagine tthere was more than one derrylaughan man oin that team, seeing that they WON it on their own 2 years previoulsy and then Derrylaughan won the U21 by a cricket store in 1981.Clonoe were actually fairly average around that time, I will try and find out more!

u do that and put up the 15 starting players sure i can tell u now there was not many on the team but we will see