Paul Grimley New Armagh Assistant Manager?

Started by CountyGK, August 31, 2011, 10:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Sorry, I worded my question badly.. I know he was with Armagh and Meath but has he managed a team himself? Club or county? Or has he always been a backroom man?

Throw ball

Quote from: ck on September 01, 2011, 12:24:18 AM
Sorry, I worded my question badly.. I know he was with Armagh and Meath but has he managed a team himself? Club or county? Or has he always been a backroom man?

I know in Armagh in managed Pearse Ogs, Harps and Madden. Think there are others too.

irunthev

That's got Banty scratching his head now.  Like someone said .... So many questions. This has disaster written all over it for POR. You've heard of lame duck presidents, well here's a lame duck manager. Grimley obviously been promised main job in 2013 ...... Or before.

Ulick

Another sticking plaster over the systemic problems in Armagh. I hope I'm wrong but I've a feeling this will end badly for all concerned.

screenexile

Surely the County Board now have to apologise to Paddy Heaney for calling him a liar??!!

naka

Quote from: screenexile on September 01, 2011, 10:47:05 AM
Surely the County Board now have to apologise to Paddy Heaney for calling him a liar??!!
why should they
he is not a super coach, he is a number 2 to give some tactical nous to POR

regal

Paddy will certainly have a big smirk on his face for a day or two.

It is great to see Grimley back in the Armagh set up. His title doesn't really matter as he will be the man most of the players look up to. His motivation and tactical approach will surely enable big improvements. I would imagine he will have a good relationship with POR but if the relationship breaks down I would suggest that POR will be the one steping aside.

Was it not Grimley who suggested to the County Board that they should employ McGurn as coach a few years back when he was interviewed for the job. Hopefully this will help the overall management / coaching set up.

pearseog

Quote from: regal on September 01, 2011, 11:05:12 AM

Paddy will certainly have a big smirk on his face for a day or two.

It is great to see Grimley back in the Armagh set up. His title doesn't really matter as he will be the man most of the players look up to. His motivation and tactical approach will surely enable big improvements. I would imagine he will have a good relationship with POR but if the relationship breaks down I would suggest that POR will be the one steping aside.

Was it not Grimley who suggested to the County Board that they should employ McGurn as coach a few years back when he was interviewed for the job. Hopefully this will help the overall management / coaching set up.

But should he? All he said in his articles is that Armagh were searching for a 'supercoach' (glorified asst manager). He never actually named who he knew it was. I could have wrote the article albeit with bad grammar and spelling.
If he knew who the 'supercoach' was going to be, it was bad journalism not to print it.

redandblackareback

I think thats a really good appointment for Armagh and from reports is regarded as being a top top coach. Am I right in saying this is who Armagh folk wanted initially as manager?? Maybe Im wrong. But what is the point in Paddy staying, its clear Grimley will be running the show.

Out of interest what exactly was mike mc gurn employed as, was it a full time conditioning coach with all the teams including hurling or just the senior footballers?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: redandblackareback on September 01, 2011, 11:54:55 AM
I think thats a really good appointment for Armagh and from reports is regarded as being a top top coach. Am I right in saying this is who Armagh folk wanted initially as manager?? Maybe Im wrong. But what is the point in Paddy staying, its clear Grimley will be running the show.

Out of interest what exactly was mike mc gurn employed as, was it a full time conditioning coach with all the teams including hurling or just the senior footballers?

McGurn is in charge of conditioning with every Armagh team.

tbrick18

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 01, 2011, 12:12:17 PM
Quote from: redandblackareback on September 01, 2011, 11:54:55 AM

McGurn is in charge of conditioning with every Armagh team.

Billy Joe will be pleased that there is someone there to help him keep the mullet in tip top shape ;)

sheamy

Armagh 2002-06, Cavan 2007, Kildare 2008-09, Monaghan 2010, Meath 2011, Armagh 2012. Nearly as big a mercenary as McGurn.

Jinxy

It's a pretty big step down but home is where the heart is I suppose.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Farneylawd2011

Grimley should have got it long ago.Does he ever talk 2 Big Joe ??

Go on ya boy ye

Quote from: Jinxy on September 01, 2011, 04:08:48 PM
It's a pretty big step down but home is where the heart is I suppose.

Would he be on much spondulix??