Bot ReUnion

Started by An Fear Dearg, August 31, 2011, 05:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Dearg

I see the Bot are having a reunion night (Saturday 24 September) for those (of us) who were regulars in the '80s/'90s. Haven't been in it for ages but might be interesting to see what old faces turn up. Anyone else here frequent it back in the day?

Tony Baloney

Class of '94 (when it was the old Bot) to ~2002.

Orior

I would have been an irregular
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

In it a few nights. Too many hallions about the place for my liking.
Testing Accessibility

Orangemac

My 1st year in Belfast 95 it was being refurbished.

Used to be a good spot for Monday night football and disco on a Thursday which used to be jammed. DJ earned easy money as Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs soundtracks were played on a loop!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on August 31, 2011, 10:43:15 PM
Guess what county the hallions were from?!  ;)

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 31, 2011, 10:56:24 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 31, 2011, 10:43:15 PM
Guess what county the hallions were from?!  ;)

Derry?
Testing Accessibility

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Orangemac on August 31, 2011, 10:52:57 PM

Used to be a good spot for Monday night football and disco on a Thursday which used to be jammed. DJ earned easy money as Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs soundtracks were played on a loop!

and the rips for the republic matches.
there was a bomb scare after one of the matches one year (spain?) had a mate (tyronie, couldnt drink soup, you know the sort) was at the front door bokin his ring up as the place was being evacuated; goes out onto street, falls into a heap; this young 'un comes out of the crowd "Its ok, im a nurse, im a nurse", up jumps yer man, " im alrite!", and runs down the street

;D ;D

brokencrossbar1

1994 to 1997 pre and post refurbishment, the last night that I remember being there was New Years Eve 1997/1998, well not that I remember much about it :D  Used to love the Wednesday afternoon carry outs in first year in the Botanic Gardens and then a gradual fall over to the Bot, f**king mess!

thebandit

maggie

Quote from: thebandit on September 01, 2011, 12:00:34 PM
2000-2003..... Carnage

2000-2004, I was probably one of those hallions you refer to zig.
Wednesday nite we used to go religiously and then thursday downstairs.
It was some spot.

5 Sams

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 01, 2011, 08:39:10 AM

and the rips for the republic matches. ;D ;D

I remember us being in for a republic game and of course the rip continued. During the match someone missed an absolute sitter...McAteer I think...little did we know the four of us were caught screaming abuse at the scxreen by a photographer for the Belfast Tele....picture appeared on page 3 the next day...problem was two of the lads phoned in sick that morning!!!
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 01, 2011, 12:27:04 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 01, 2011, 08:39:10 AM

and the rips for the republic matches. ;D ;D

I remember us being in for a republic game and of course the rip continued. During the match someone missed an absolute sitter...McAteer I think...little did we know the four of us were caught screaming abuse at the scxreen by a photographer for the Belfast Tele....picture appeared on page 3 the next day...problem was two of the lads phoned in sick that morning!!!
Do you not remember the Bot when it was fields?  ;)

ziggysego

Quote from: maggie on September 01, 2011, 12:16:23 PM
Quote from: thebandit on September 01, 2011, 12:00:34 PM
2000-2003..... Carnage

2000-2004, I was probably one of those hallions you refer to zig.
Wednesday nite we used to go religiously and then thursday downstairs.
It was some spot.

Na, the 1998-2001 era.
Testing Accessibility

Rois

1998-2002

Ended up being Wed night, Thurs night and Sat night, sometimes Sunday for the cocktail offers.  Never bothered much with upstairs after first or second year.  God it was great fun.

My sis and my friend met their husbands there, and I'm sure there's hundreds more that have the same story.