Bot ReUnion

Started by An Fear Dearg, August 31, 2011, 05:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

My Wednesdays would have been all afternoon in Renshaw (3 for a fiver), home for a shower, carryout, possibly a bit of chmapions league, then upstairs in the bot.  Those were the days.......2003-2006

MR99

I would only go to the re-union if the kebab van is going to be parked outside.  It really made the night worthwhile even if you did wear more of the kebab than you ate  ;D

Canalman

Quote from: An Fear Dearg on August 31, 2011, 05:53:12 PM
I see the Bot are having a reunion night (Saturday 24 September) for those (of us) who were regulars in the '80s/'90s. Haven't been in it for ages but might be interesting to see what old faces turn up. Anyone else here frequent it back in the day?

Don't know the place from Adam. However would caution those thinking on going to the reunion that it is not a good idea to revisit old treasured haunts................. usuallly disappointing. Great memories and leave it at that imho.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: MR99 on September 06, 2011, 02:32:34 PM
I would only go to the re-union if the kebab van is going to be parked outside.  It really made the night worthwhile even if you did wear more of the kebab than you ate  ;D

this.
was gonna post that earlier; dorty big keebab from across the road,
dropped one one night, in those day the dosh was scarce (still is!) but i was so disgusted with myself i went and bought another one! Had to be done...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 06, 2011, 03:38:36 PM

this.
dropped one one night, in those day the dosh was scarce (still is!) but i was so disgusted with myself i went and bought another one! Had to be done...

Why not just invoke the 5 second rule and pick it up???  Last time I had a real all dayer there was the 1997 AI final, it was special.  Me and Mrs BC were there from opening time till closing time and it was a serious day!!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 06, 2011, 03:50:17 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 06, 2011, 03:38:36 PM

this.

Why not just invoke the 5 second rule and pick it up???  Last time I had a real all dayer there was the 1997 AI final, it was special.  Me and Mrs BC were there from opening time till closing time and it was a serious day!!

lol; never heard of that but i understand what your sayin :D when i say dropped, i think the arse fell out of it, went everywhere;
fair play on wifey for stayin that duration, mine would be there an hour, then away hame.....

andoireabu

Used to be a weekly thing for a Bot lunch after class on a wednesday then a feed of pints.  By the time we got out it was dark so headed back in for the rest of the night.  St Paddys days '08 was a long event with a bit of a community gathering afterwards in the Holylands!  :D
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

The Iceman

Had a few good nights in it but never really loved the place. 1997 / 98 Students Union in Jordanstown was a great spot, weekly bus trips to Kellys on a Wednesday night (train back to Belfast Thurs and always missed class), M Club on a Wednesday if bus to Kellys was cancelled. Orpheus on a Tuesday night was good auld craic 1999.

the Bot was good for watching sport and the trad session IMO, after that it was just alright.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

EC Unique