Bot ReUnion

Started by An Fear Dearg, August 31, 2011, 05:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 01, 2011, 10:25:30 PM
2000 - 2004. Rarely missed a wednesday night. Rarely ever went upstairs though. Id love a night in it again. Best craic ever

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

AQMP

All childer on this board?  I was falling about the Bot before most of you were born!

Arthur_Friend

I preferred the (old) Eg actually. Especially the nightclub in the attic. The upstairs in the Bot is and always has been rubbish. Unless you like dancing to the A-team theme that is.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on September 02, 2011, 10:17:44 AM
I preferred the (old) Eg actually. Especially the nightclub in the attic. The upstairs in the Bot is and always has been rubbish. Unless you like dancing to the A-team theme that is.
That covers everyone west of the Bann.

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 02, 2011, 10:27:01 AM
Quote from: Arthur_Friend on September 02, 2011, 10:17:44 AM
That covers everyone west of the Bann.

In fairness to the DJ I suppose he could argue that he was only playing what the crowd wanted to hear.

maggie

Quote from: thebandit on September 01, 2011, 05:18:51 PM
Quote from: maggie on September 01, 2011, 12:16:23 PM
Quote from: thebandit on September 01, 2011, 12:00:34 PM
2000-2003..... Carnage

2000-2004, I was probably one of those hallions you refer to zig.
Wednesday nite we used to go religiously and then thursday downstairs.
It was some spot.

I wonder did i ever get the curt off you  :P

Quite possibly. Was fond of the south armagh men in 2002

fitzroyalty

Quote from: maggie on September 02, 2011, 02:24:02 PM
Fringe glued to the forehead, ben sherman shirt, drainpipe jeans, and big black school shoes with a silver buckle. Ten years on and they still dress like that.

Bingo

Quote from: thebandit on September 01, 2011, 05:18:51 PM
Quote from: maggie on September 01, 2011, 12:16:23 PM
Quote from: thebandit on September 01, 2011, 12:00:34 PM
2000-2003..... Carnage

2000-2004, I was probably one of those hallions you refer to zig.
Wednesday nite we used to go religiously and then thursday downstairs.
It was some spot.

I wonder did i ever get the curt off you  :P

Yeah he'd have been a south Armagh man then, he is a bit more of a monaghan man but it is subject to change year on year  ;D  ;)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tyrone girl on September 01, 2011, 10:25:30 PM
2000 - 2004. Rarely missed a wednesday night. Rarely ever went upstairs though. Id love a night in it again. Best craic ever
yeah around that time aswell, most wed & thursday nights. A great bar with a great atmosphere, always a bit too packed though
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

johnneycool

1990 to 1995 before it was done up and the upstairs 'disco' was an 10 foot square and you were able to touch the ceiling with your hands.

I think the bar was in the middle of the place with a few seats round the outside. Everyone seemed to just keep walking round and round the place.

Always jammed packed and sweaty as hell.

muppet

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 02, 2011, 02:40:11 PM
Fringe glued to the forehead, ben sherman shirt, drainpipe jeans, and big black school shoes with a silver buckle. Ten years on and they still dress like that.

What do the men wear?
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on September 02, 2011, 10:31:07 PM
1990 to 1995 before it was done up and the upstairs 'disco' was an 10 foot square and you were able to touch the ceiling with your hands.

I think the bar was in the middle of the place with a few seats round the outside. Everyone seemed to just keep walking round and round the place.

Great days! Aye the bar was in the middle and the dancefloor was about the size of a living room rug. In first year one of the older fellas got in and opened the bottom doors and you could run up the back stairs.

Tyrones own

I lost a very nice/expensive Bulova watch in the place one night, years ago...  :(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on September 02, 2011, 10:31:07 PM

I couldn't  ;D ;D

Aye bar upstairs was in the middle, American style
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TacadoirArdMhacha

This thread has just reminded me that I haven't been in the Bot for a good while, possibly not since Gold Cup day. 6 months would probably be my longest stint away since I arrived in Belfast. Sorta graduated onto the Errigle.

Been heading since about 2003. Useta be Wednesday night was the biggest night but it gradually moved to Thursday being busier as initially it was better craic as less packed but in a twist of irony, as Thursday night became more popular, it transformed into what Wednesday nights were like. Would have been solidly there for 2 nights a week on average for 3 ro 4 years.

Great sport though, definitely the place I've had the most enjoyable nights in.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead