Bot ReUnion

Started by An Fear Dearg, August 31, 2011, 05:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orchard 8195

never a week went past in my 4 years in belfast that i didnt visit the bot, havent had a good night out to rival them days since.  Renshaws is also sorely missed.

ziggysego

To take it away from Belfast a moment, there was never a week I wasn't in Cafe Roc on the Strand Road, Derry. Didn't really care for Earth much upstairs though.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

The Bot. If only this forum was truly anonymous I'd have some stories to tell about that feckin place.

Rois

Quote from: Puckoon on September 01, 2011, 01:33:17 PM
The Bot. If only this forum was truly anonymous I'd have some stories to tell about that feckin place.

I'd just be worried that I'd be telling similar stories to others on here...but from the other point of view...

Puckoon

I thought you looked familiar!

maggie

Quote from: orchard 8195 on September 01, 2011, 01:24:56 PM
never a week went past in my 4 years in belfast that i didnt visit the bot, havent had a good night out to rival them days since.  Renshaws is also sorely missed.

Remember me and a friend totally torturing Cormac Mc Anallen (RIP) outside on the steps of Renshaws one night and him not being a drinker was sober as but he took us on, which made us worship him ever more.
Dukes was also good craic back in first year.

thebandit

Quote from: maggie on September 01, 2011, 12:16:23 PM
Quote from: thebandit on September 01, 2011, 12:00:34 PM
2000-2003..... Carnage

2000-2004, I was probably one of those hallions you refer to zig.
Wednesday nite we used to go religiously and then thursday downstairs.
It was some spot.

I wonder did i ever get the curt off you  :P

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thebandit on September 01, 2011, 05:18:51 PM
Quote from: maggie on September 01, 2011, 12:16:23 PM
Quote from: thebandit on September 01, 2011, 12:00:34 PM
2000-2003..... Carnage

2000-2004, I was probably one of those hallions you refer to zig.
Wednesday nite we used to go religiously and then thursday downstairs.
It was some spot.

I wonder did i ever get the curt off you  :P
A shorter list would be the fellas that didn't get a tackle off maggie.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Don Johnson

2003 was my debut until about 2008 but still make the odd trip down, was there Saturday and Sunday night there last weekend.

During my time down there they refurbished it and changed it from the bar facing you as you walk in upstairs to the bars being to your left and right.

The smoking room ruined downstairs for me I think.

Had the carvery on Sunday there, great value for £5.95.

Not enough good said about the place.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on September 01, 2011, 06:37:24 PM
1999-2010
Must have been the oldest in it last year.

Must get another night there to see what I'm not missing.

Milltown Row2

Had two great stints at the place, 90 to 93 in the 'disco' upstairs they had a lighting system that was a set of TV's on top of each other with flashing lights!! a dance floor straight out of the late seventies. The thing i remember was they also had a drinks vending machine!! Lethal when the bar closed!! Downstairs in the side bar was a regular hunt for the cops!!

That last time I was a regular was about 16 years ago when the premiership was going full tilt. Sundays match day, Sunday dinner and after 5 the cocktails were £2.50.

I then got too old and try and stay away from it altogether. I hear that they still play the same music though, so I'd imagine it's still the same
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyrone girl

2000 - 2004. Rarely missed a wednesday night. Rarely ever went upstairs though. Id love a night in it again. Best craic ever

heganboy

was a barman there 93-95 and a regular for a right wee while thereafter...

Great place.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

orchard 8195

Quote from: maggie on September 01, 2011, 03:32:11 PM
Quote from: orchard 8195 on September 01, 2011, 01:24:56 PM

Remember me and a friend totally torturing Cormac Mc Anallen (RIP) outside on the steps of Renshaws one night and him not being a drinker was sober as but he took us on, which made us worship him ever more.
Dukes was also good craic back in first year.
Would u have tugged on a few jerseys in ur time maggie?? Especially a county 1 with a number on the back??  ;)