Champions League 2011/12

Started by ildanach, August 24, 2011, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Apologies if he didn't, the full kit is bad enough though.

I heard Ken Early on Newstalk going on about the shin pads, and this I saw as well. But he's not wearing them in that photo, so might be a load of nonsense. Sill, he is wearing full kit and boots!

QuoteJohn Terry is never far from controversy - even when he hasn't kicked a ball.

To his immense frustration, the Chelsea captain was forced to watch the Champions League final from the stands, suited and booted, after being suspended.

But he by no means let that disappointment cloud his victory celebrations when he suddenly appeared in full club kit, complete with shin pads, to lift the European Cup.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2147522/John-Terry-lampooned-online-Chelsea-captain-lifted-Champions-League-trophy-kit-shinpads-despite-banned-final.html#ixzz1vcEMLDEy

deiseach

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 22, 2012, 04:57:12 PM
Re the JT thing, I think it's pathetic. I can understand the anti JT stuff, but this is unreal. People say look at Keane, and Scholes. If they really didn't feel part of it, why come onto the pitch and lift the trophy at all??

If JT had've stood at the side of the pitch in his suit during the celebrations, everyone would've said, look at the shape of him pouring cold water on things, and making it all about him! I can guarantee that!

You're right, they would have. This is because many people think John Terry is a horrible human being, and anything he does confirms that. QED.

brokencrossbar1

Lads he's a ****, in fact he's 2 sides of a **** but give it a fecking rest.  He is as stupid as the day is long and if he wanted to "feel" part of it fair enough.  I don't like him as a human being but in his Chelsea career the bastard has done more than most to keep those plastics up at the top of the tree.  Classless and clueless he may be but it's as much his party as it was the lads who played.  Move on.

AQMP

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 22, 2012, 03:34:43 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 22, 2012, 02:50:55 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 22, 2012, 02:43:29 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 22, 2012, 02:28:01 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 22, 2012, 01:11:10 PM
Pretty disappointed they won it. Really do not like Abramovich and hoped he would never get his hands on the European Cup. Ditto with Terry and frankly his carry on shows a lack of class (that applies to the other players who weren't part of the squad too though none of them had the cheek to go up to life the trophy).

This will be controversial but I'll say it anyway - if United played like that to win a trophy I wouldn't be bothered with watching them again.

Not a Spurs fan but they do not deserve to lose the CL place they earned over 38 games.

Those grapes a wee bit sour Seanie??

Just being honest and I'm not alone I'd say.

What exactly is a "lack of class"??

That explains a lot.

And that is not an answer

Applesisapples

I don't like John Terry, I would rather have seen Bayern win. I don't think he should have been allowed to accept the trophy, but UEFA thought otherwise. If he did it in his Chelsea gear so what. If he was wearing shinpads and boots then that's a bit odd but he is after all an overpampered pooch living in another universe.

magpie seanie

NT - we'll agree to differ but you can put your stats in the bin cos United never set out to defend, defend, defend in those recent CL finals like Chelsea did - absolutely not. United were second best to a great side in last years final but played 2 strikers (on the pitch at the same time) and tried to use the counter attack with Hernandez pace. It didn't work because they couldn't win the ball in midfield, Barca's passing was too good. 

Also - despite your sob story about one of the most expensive squads assembled, remember Chelsea were playing a side that didn't win their own league and got thumped 5-2 in the German Cup final.

Oh yeah - its also easier to win the CL when you don't have to put in full effort into your league matches.

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 23, 2012, 09:56:34 AM
NT - we'll agree to differ but you can put your stats in the bin cos United never set out to defend, defend, defend in those recent CL finals like Chelsea did - absolutely not. United were second best to a great side in last years final but played 2 strikers (on the pitch at the same time) and tried to use the counter attack with Hernandez pace. It didn't work because they couldn't win the ball in midfield, Barca's passing was too good. 

Also - despite your sob story about one of the most expensive squads assembled, remember Chelsea were playing a side that didn't win their own league and got thumped 5-2 in the German Cup final.

Oh yeah - its also easier to win the CL when you don't have to put in full effort into your league matches.

Keep digging seanie.

I doubt if United had parked two buses V Barca, not got a kick of the ball and nicked one from a corner in fergie time of extra time and beat Barca, you and many others would be hailing it as another Fergie masterclass. Probably with added mind games.

Chelsea where not pretty but it was very effective and got the job done. I don't think Ronan will care in this instance but going forward I'm sure he'll look for more adventure and thats why I don't think he will fill the managers role elsewhere. One other possibility is that he will happily leave Di Matteo there for 1 year having approached Pep about having a year rest and then coming in to do a job at Chelsea.

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 22, 2012, 05:32:09 PM
Lads he's a ****, in fact he's 2 sides of a **** but give it a fecking rest.  He is as stupid as the day is long and if he wanted to "feel" part of it fair enough.  I don't like him as a human being but in his Chelsea career the b**tard has done more than most to keep those plastics up at the top of the tree.  Classless and clueless he may be but it's as much his party as it was the lads who played.  Move on.

And deny us all the Photoshopped images of him turning up at famous events?

Actually, moving on is probably good advice

ziggy90

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 22, 2012, 05:32:09 PM
Lads he's a ****, in fact he's 2 sides of a **** but give it a fecking rest.  He is as stupid as the day is long and if he wanted to "feel" part of it fair enough.  I don't like him as a human being but in his Chelsea career the b**tard has done more than most to keep those plastics up at the top of the tree.  Classless and clueless he may be but it's as much his party as it was the lads who played.  Move on.

Solid advice.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bingo on May 23, 2012, 10:10:04 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 23, 2012, 09:56:34 AM

Keep digging seanie.

I doubt if United had parked two buses V Barca, not got a kick of the ball and nicked one from a corner in fergie time of extra time and beat Barca, you and many others would be hailing it as another Fergie masterclass. Probably with added mind games.

Chelsea where not pretty but it was very effective and got the job done. I don't think Ronan will care in this instance but going forward I'm sure he'll look for more adventure and thats why I don't think he will fill the managers role elsewhere. One other possibility is that he will happily leave Di Matteo there for 1 year having approached Pep about having a year rest and then coming in to do a job at Chelsea.

I'm sure you mean Roman but it all brings into the spotlight his disgraceful treatment of Mourinho doesn't it?

ziggy90

Did Mourinho win the champions league?

AZOffaly

Yes he did. With Inter and Porto.

magpie seanie

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 23, 2012, 11:00:24 AM
Did Mourinho win the champions league?

AZ beat me to it - he has won it twice.

ziggy90

Ha, f**king ha, you were talking about his treatment by Abramovich. If you want to get into puerile arguments I'd suggest you keep your bile for suitable threads. Chelsea won the CL fair and square, grow a set.

trileacman

Chelsea weren't that pretty to watch and they got a fierce slice of luck to win the last 3 games but I don't remember Man U or the pool waltzing their way to the CL. Smicer's goal, winning on penalties, Terry's miss and the 2 goals in injury time in '99? Time to get the chip off your shoulder, Man United's and Liverpool were as undeserving of their titles if you were to measure them by the current criticism of Chelski's finest.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014